HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is going to be our 2nd line center next season?

Old
03-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
And you keep dreaming that Kruger can in any shape or form fill the 2nd C job next year ... you too Ike. If that happens we wil have the weakest in the NHL.
Wat?

I hope Kruger can develop into that and I am not in favor of moving him, but I don't think he's up to snuff as a second line center just yet and I suspect he won't be next year either. His point totals aren't good enough and neither is his fo%.

However, I suspect you will find if you go take a gander that the list of UFA centers this offseason is absolutely brutally weak. It's probably why a scrub like Grabovski thinks he can make over 5m a year. The fact is, there may not be any upgrades available to the Hawks and Kruger will win the slot by default if Kane doesn't take it.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Like **** he has.... Kruger was handed a job from the day he arrived, and you know it.

... and there you again.....saying Kane can't handle the spot, like you're some kind of authority on the subject. I asked for a source, and you come back with one of your usual "absolutes" instead. Truth is the source is YOU.

And you keep dreaming that Kruger can in any shape or form fill the 2nd C job next year ... you too Ike. If that happens we wil have the weakest in the NHL.

I think you are more concerned that there will be no spot for Kruger next year and he ends up in the AHL to develop his offence (which is where he should have been this season).
1. I don't need to search for that Quote from Q. I'm not here to win the internet
2. Like you see in point 1, Q said this when he moved Kane back to Wing. Kane started great but in the end, he made more wrong than right as Top6 Center

Now to come to Krüger again.
I'm not worried that he won't make the Roster. He already made it and deserves it. He started as 4th Line Center, played good and got his minutes gone up. Then he played on the 3rd Line as Winger/Center and saw his ice time go up. Now he is our 2nd line center and as we all can see, he got better. Just rewatch a game from november and than look at him now. He got better in every aspect of his game. And in case you missed it, he is much more comfortable in the offensiv zone. His confidence goes up with every game.
And since you love the +/- and things like this, Krüger is the best forward after the big 4 (and Carcillo).

I said it before.... when guys like you act like Krüger does not belong, why is Stalberg on this team?? Should trade him and upgrade him while he has value. He really gets many points - against the Jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Wat?

I hope Kruger can develop into that and I am not in favor of moving him, but I don't think he's up to snuff as a second line center just yet and I suspect he won't be next year either. His point totals aren't good enough and neither is his fo%.

However, I suspect you will find if you go take a gander that the list of UFA centers this offseason is absolutely brutally weak. It's probably why a scrub like Grabovski thinks he can make over 5m a year. The fact is, there may not be any upgrades available to the Hawks and Kruger will win the slot by default if Kane doesn't take it.
ding ding ding... I'd rather spend the money on a Top9 Winger, Oduya and Vokoun than sign Grabo for 5 years 5 million per

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Wat?

Basically, that is what happened this year and what BobbyJet was arguing about. Kruger hasn't shown enough to actually EARN the #2 C role, it was given to him by default this season because we didn't have any better options, and the coaching staff wanted to move Kane back to wing.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:58 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Wat?

Okay, my mistake. I thought you were endorsing Kruger not simply taking another shot at Stalberg ... and I see Bubba jumped on that bandwagon as well :sigh:. Bubba's right about one thing though ... the two players certain not comparable.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:04 PM
RomersWorld*

I do believe that Kruger could eventually become a good 2nd/3rd line center but right now he has too many holes in his game to be one for a Cup contending team(we probably aren't one). If we want to become one, 2nd line center is what we need, along with steady goaltending.

Kruger needs to get better on faceoffs. We already have Bolland who sucks and we need to surround him with good faceoff guys. If Kruger sucks than we are giving the puck away far too much. Also he needs to get bigger/stronger. He gets crushed almost every game and is so weak on the puck. Another thing is his shot. It is just awful. I cringe anytime I see his weak wrist shot. He does seem to have a good work ethic, so I hope he works on these things in the offseason.

I like Kruger's heart and willingness to go to the net but he really needs to improve to become that 2nd line center. I hope he does, but we can't just sit there and hope that he does. We need at least a stop gap before McNeill, Kruger, Kayes, Pirri, or whoever can take over. Hossa, Keith, Sharp, ect aren't getting any younger. These are times when we should be competing for a Cup, not competing to make the playoffs.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Okay, my mistake. I thought you were endorsing Kruger not simply taking another shot at Stalberg ... and I see Bubba jumped on that bandwagon as well :sigh:. Bubba's right about one thing though ... the two players certain not comparable.
I said it before ike returned, I will start with Stalberg and his laughable Top6 production (when you take out his CBJ games) when somebody says that Krüger does not belong to the NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post

Kruger needs to get better on faceoffs. We already have Bolland who sucks and we need to surround him with good faceoff guys. I
that's why I want a guy like Pahlsson on the 4th line

Old
03-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Sarava

I am warming up to Kruger more and more as time goes on. I don't think he is or will be ready to be #2 center next year though.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:15 AM
BobbyJet

As I figured was the case, Q at no time has said Kane can't handle the center position... and I doubt Kane has said anything either.

After last night's game Q was asked directly, why he took Kane off the C position earlier in the year.

His response “Different look…. Um… Good question I don’t have a great answer for you”
Q also said Kane has played center for most of his life. I think he may be there to stay and if that is the case, I applaud the decision.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Recoil

Quote:
As I figured was the case, Q at no time has said Kane can't handle the center position... and I doubt Kane has said anything either.

After last night's game Q was asked directly, why he took Kane off the C position earlier in the year.

His response “Different look…. Um… Good question I don’t have a great answer for you”
Q also said Kane has played center for most of his life. I think he may be there to stay and if that is the case, I applaud the decision.
I wouldn't mind seeing him stick there for the rest of the season even after Toews comes back.

Old
03-05-2012, 11:46 AM
O2

I'm of the opinion he looks better out on the ice when he's playing at C.

He'd have to level up some skills in FO's though, but I'd be very excited splitting the Fantastic Four up into Toews/Sharp and Kane/Hossa.

O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2 View Post
I'm of the opinion he looks better out on the ice when he's playing at C.

He'd have to level up some skills in FO's though, but I'd be very excited splitting the Fantastic Four up into Toews/Sharp and Kane/Hossa.
Maybe he can NPC farm to get EXP between games.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:04 PM
zytz
lumberjack

I'd like to see Kane get another look at it. Started out well this year at 2C, and I think he should try to build on that.

As for Kruger, I really like the guy, but I think 2C is his ceiling. He continues to develop, which is great, but the big reason he may end up as our 2C next season is because there is no one else. It could be worse.... Frolik could be our 2C.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:08 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Hossa needs Kane or someone like him so until we pick up a playmaking second line C, I like Kane there.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:15 PM
BK Lounge

I think Kane should be center for the rest of the year and next year. There are a few wings that we could pick up that would be good playing next to Him and Hossa. I personally would like Semin but that is my opinion. I think 25-19-10 and Semin-88-81 would be great top two lines.

BK Lounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:18 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Just stop all the Stalberg/Kruger debates. I don't think anyone on this board can question either in terms of effort on the ice. If everyone on the team played with their intensity night in and night out, this team would win a ton of games.

Kruger - just doesn't have the physical presence to play as the 2nd line center. He would be better off a wing if the Hawks had options.

Stalberg still makes his share of boneheaded plays. Hands have yet to fully catch up with his speed.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:34 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Just stop all the Stalberg/Kruger debates. I don't think anyone on this board can question either in terms of effort on the ice. If everyone on the team played with their intensity night in and night out, this team would win a ton of games.

Kruger - just doesn't have the physical presence to play as the 2nd line center. He would be better off a wing if the Hawks had options.

Stalberg still makes his share of boneheaded plays. Hands have yet to fully catch up with his speed.
^ this.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Lounge View Post
I think Kane should be center for the rest of the year and next year. There are a few wings that we could pick up that would be good playing next to Him and Hossa. I personally would like Semin but that is my opinion. I think 25-19-10 and Semin-88-81 would be great top two lines.
That would be sick, imagine if we could roll that plus graduate saad or morin to third line and try to get scoring depth back. Keep our crop of puck moving dmen then test salak/hutton/or whomever....that's the hawks team I want to see, speed and skill for 60 minutes, if we keep mayers/carcillo and sign burish for the 4th that's my vision of blackhawk nirvana.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
That would be sick, imagine if we could roll that plus graduate saad or morin to third line and try to get scoring depth back. Keep our crop of puck moving dmen then test salak/hutton/or whomever....that's the hawks team I want to see, speed and skill for 60 minutes, if we keep mayers/carcillo and sign burish for the 4th that's my vision of blackhawk nirvana.
This is my ideal team concept too. All this talk about "toughness and grit" and wanting to get all these physical players...I think it has done more harm than good. We went out and got bigger, more physical guys, the problem is that it hasn't helped our team chemistry as they are usually too slow to keep up with our faster skill forwards on the rush.

I think if we have guys like Mayers/Carcillo/Hayes/Seabrook/Olsen on this team, we have all the grit we need and they have decent speed as well. Let the rest of the team fly. To me, that is more like the Cup year than anything we have had recently.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

No to Carcillo, the guy is an idiot who ends up doing more harm then good for a team.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
No to Carcillo, the guy is an idiot who ends up doing more harm then good for a team.
what has he done for us? more good or bad?

if your answer is bad, you really are a hater. Carcillo was a plesant surprise

Old
03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Sevanston

I would love to see Kane take the reins and move to center full time.

He's been looking way better playing in the middle all year long than he has at wing.

He'd need to improve on a few things, and we'd need to get a winger to take his spot in the top six, but we'd be a much better team with Toews and Kane down the middle.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
what has he done for us? more good or bad?

if your answer is bad, you really are a hater. Carcillo was a plesant surprise
What surprise, he didn't get suspended earlier, I hate him. He brings next to nothing to the table and ends up taking so many stupid penalties. 28 games 82 PIMs , I would pay for him to go away.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
What surprise, he didn't get suspended earlier, I hate him. He brings next to nothing to the table and ends up taking so many stupid penalties. 28 games 82 PIMs , I would pay for him to go away.
the bolded is more accurate

Carcillo helped us to win games and was a good fit for our team. All you can see is hate, no matter how good he played

Old
03-06-2012, 12:43 AM
DoomsdayVillain
US NAVY CREW***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I would love to see Kane take the reins and move to center full time.

He's been looking way better playing in the middle all year long than he has at wing.

He'd need to improve on a few things, and we'd need to get a winger to take his spot in the top six, but we'd be a much better team with Toews and Kane down the middle.
How does he feel about playing in C? We should get a winger like Doan to play with him and Sharpie next year, then maybe Morin - Toews - Hossa?

DoomsdayVillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:45 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 50
I hope to see Carcillo again on this team next year. Hardly got to know him before getting injured. He's a sparkplug that this team needs. I had hoped he would have lessened the stupid, but hopefully getting injured on a dumb play might make him re-evaluate.

EmeticDonut is online now   Reply With Quote