HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/28/12 - 7:30PM EDT - Montréal VS Tampa Bay

Old
02-28-2012, 10:57 PM
zeykshade

vCash: 500
This Malone thread is hilarious. Confirmation Bias * infinity.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
This site is unbelievable at times. The Malone thread is just...wow.
I thought it was an educational and instructive thread. I never realized previously that an interference penalty and a cheap shot are mutually exclusive. Or that Malone is a ticking time bomb suffering from roid rage. Or that because Montreal fans are perfectly happy to have their team be beaten by the Norfolk Admirals + Stamkos/Marty/Garon, the Canadiens themselves must be perfectly happy to move even further down the ladder.

They must be so proud, they accomplished their goal perfectly tonight.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:24 PM
DangleDoppler

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I thought it was an educational and instructive thread. I never realized previously that an interference penalty and a cheap shot are mutually exclusive. Or that Malone is a ticking time bomb suffering from roid rage. Or that because Montreal fans are perfectly happy to have their team be beaten by the Norfolk Admirals + Stamkos/Marty/Garon, the Canadiens themselves must be perfectly happy to move even further down the ladder.

They must be so proud, they accomplished their goal perfectly tonight.
Don't forget that they're all in love with Mike Milbury now too

DangleDoppler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:56 PM
TBLbrian

Character win. I really like Commodores game btw.

as far as the threads go...thats why i dont really read HF anymore. Twitter > the idiots on here

TBLbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:12 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Tampa Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts265 View Post
I think you have more than made your point about not liking the unis. Some of us actually like them. You are officially in beating the dead horse territory.
It sickens me every time I see the team. No black, an awful logo, plain and boring jerseys, no victory stripes. These clowns wanted to put their mark on the team and erase history. Mission accomplished, and it looks like ass.

It's pathetic, and I haven't gotten over it. This all season minus Saturday home games I see the result of Vinik, Stevie, and Toddy making us look like a carbon copy of an mating of the Leafs and Red Wings, with a logo even more bland.

I hate when teams I like decide to look like crap. You can ignore when I talk about it this upsets you so much.

As for the game. Really glad we won with the fiasco it turned out to be. I don't usually watch the replay of the game after I went to it, but I have to with this game. I want to see how things played out from a different perspective with the Malone incident.

Appears to me that Montreal has quite a few dirty players on that team. I saw the fans defending the guy because he can't fight? Well don't play dirty and throw dirty hits.

I loved seeing a physical response from our team. We look so soft at times, and even moreso without Downie. So seeing Brewer, Labrie, and Malone play with some grit is awesome.

Stammer took quite a beating tonight, and the officiating was terrible. But at least we came out on top.

I'm a big Adam Hall fan, and that was an awesome goal. Really glad to see him get on the score sheet.

Garon was outstanding. I'm not saying he's the best, but he has really stepped up in some recent games and this was a stellar performance.

I'm not as optimistic about our next matchup with the Rangers.

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 02-29-2012 at 06:34 AM. Reason: qdp
PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:33 AM
snowden
Man is matter

Emelin can suck it. If youre gonna throw ridic hit with a metal face, better answer for it. Garon was ****ing amazing tonight. He won this game for us. Wish Malolne would killed someone but oh well. Our AHL guys played really well. Both our Stamkos and Hall goals were things of beauty. Love this win. NOW to troll on the Habs board..

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Hockeyfan02

If this happened in Montreal Malone would probably need to start looking for a lawyer.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:45 AM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
It sickens me every time I see the team. No black, an awful logo, plain and boring jerseys, no victory stripes. These clowns wanted to put their mark on the team and erase history. Mission accomplished, and it looks like ass.

It's pathetic, and I haven't gotten over it. This all season minus Saturday home games I see the result of Vinik, Stevie, and Toddy making us look like a carbon copy of an mating of the Leafs and Red Wings, with a logo even more bland.

I hate when teams I like decide to look like crap. You can ignore when I talk about it this upsets you so much.

As for the game. Really glad we won with the fiasco it turned out to be. I don't usually watch the replay of the game after I went to it, but I have to with this game. I want to see how things played out from a different perspective with the Malone incident.

Appears to me that Montreal has quite a few dirty players on that team. I saw the fans defending the guy because he can't fight? Well don't play dirty and throw dirty hits.

I loved seeing a physical response from our team. We look so soft at times, and even moreso without Downie. So seeing Brewer, Labrie, and Malone play with some grit is awesome.

Stammer took quite a beating tonight, and the officiating was terrible. But at least we came out on top.

I'm a big Adam Hall fan, and that was an awesome goal. Really glad to see him get on the score sheet.

Garon was outstanding. I'm not saying he's the best, but he has really stepped up in some recent games and this was a stellar performance.

I'm not as optimistic about our next matchup with the Rangers.
Agree with just about everything here, including the bit about the jerseys and logo.

Last edited by Moo: 02-29-2012 at 01:27 AM.
I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:49 AM
snowden
Man is matter

I think all our new guys (Commodore, Oberg, Lee, Smith, Labrie, Wyman, Connolly) all looked good. I know they all aren't "new" but they all upped their TOI and did a great job with it.

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 02-29-2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: qdp
snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Several of you are talking about actions that a moderator have taken in some form, be it a thread ban, pondering if others got in trouble, discussing recent infractions received, etc.

Please note that this is not allowed, per the site rules. It can qualify as either disclosure of personal information or moderator abuse. Such comments have been deleted as I have caught them, including ones that are borderline. I have not handed out any warnings or infractions, as I am trying to resolve this peacefully, but in the future, a moderator can use his/her discretion to give a warning or an infraction.

Also, if you have an issue with a post, use the report system and a moderator will look into it and see if action needs to be taken.

And finally, if you have an issue with an infraction you've received, send an e-mail to complaints@hfboards.com and site administration will review the complaint.

Thanks for understanding.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:03 AM
CSampson

HF is a ****ing cesspool now. You have to be pretty brave to leave this team's board and wade through the pool of **** that is every other effing section on this site. Anyways, great game last night and beating those "blanks" from Montreal is always awesome.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Bolto
?

One thing that struck me last night was Connolly really hustled every time he was on the ice. T'was good to see.

Bolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Fred89

The way Garon played lately could allow him to get a backup job next year? I think so..

Fred89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
HF is a ****ing cesspool now. You have to be pretty brave to leave this team's board and wade through the pool of **** that is every other effing section on this site. Anyways, great game last night and beating those "blanks" from Montreal is always awesome.
I try to steer clear from the main board after game nights. It's like thousands of teenage girls *****ing back and forth to each other.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred89 View Post
The way Garon played lately could allow him to get a backup job next year? I think so..
He's signed for next year too. 2 year deal. He'll likely be back, but not as the starter again.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:31 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcen...tid=8375&id=17

Bob McKenzie gives his take on the Malone/Emelin incident on Montreal radio 990. Go about 40:00 min in or you have to listen to these guys blather on about everything under the sun. Sports radio suckitude has gone international. Bob Mc didn't seem to have any problem with what Malone did.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Fred89

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
He's signed for next year too. 2 year deal. He'll likely be back, but not as the starter again.
Yeah obviously i meant as a backup. I knew it is signed but early in the season i wouldn't have give him the 2nd year to be honest. I changed my mind!
I think it's a fair backup for us.. Schneider/Bernier + Garon looks really good to me.

Hope to see that this summer

Fred89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Stammertime91
Keep on keepin' on!

Just a few things:

Habs fans making that thread, we shouldnt even waste our time. Just let it go, not worth frustrating or trolling over. Its a new day.

I posted my one post on there for my part on it, both took a cheapshot, boarding/interference, both retaliated. Oh well, thats hockey. Everybody over there wants Malones/Emelins heads.

CSampson, thanks for your input on there too, you stirred the neverending hornets nest!

Nice work Mod!

Garon played out of his mind, looked like Roy in Garon's jersey tonight
Both TB goals were nice! MTLs goal - I called it when I saw Desharnais turn on the jets

Very good game, the new guys, norfolk callups and Lee/Commodore pairing played really good. Few turnovers here and there but they also laid some very good hits and blocked some shots. Cant wait to see how Aulie does!

Also, the guy who made the comment about Commodore getting handed the torch was the best comment Ive seen on these boards. That was hilarious!!

Stammertime91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:13 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Boucher doesn't sound very upset about Malone's (over-)reaction, in fact he seems to be pretty OK with it: http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...d=55&id=161196

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:27 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Boucher doesn't sound very upset about Malone's (over-)reaction, in fact he seems to be pretty OK with it: http://video.lightning.nhl.com/video...d=55&id=161196
And Boucher should have no problem with it, it's nice to have players on our team stand up for themselves and not take **** from other players. It'll be nice to finally get Aulie on the ice for us, as it'll add another physical element that we've been missing all year with Ohlund out.

By the way, how did Lee and Commodore look out there?

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:34 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

It was hockey... you know, people really need to start taking responsibility for **** they're doing, you see Malone coming, you know a hit is coming, and you turn your back and get pissy when you don't get a call.

Then, you line a guy up without attempting to play the puck and people can't figure out why hes pissed off. You're not in Russia anymore, kid. People aren't just going to sulk to the bench.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:49 AM
ADespaties

Habs Fan coming in respect.

For me the Emelin hit on Malone: It deserved 2 minutes and it was Ok. But I think Malone Overreacted.

Since emelin is with the habs, he never made a single dirty hit. He is a classy guy throwing good checks and playing well in defense. He's not the type of player that Subban is.

I'm sure he would accept the fight if he can, But a fight could end his hockey carrer. The risk are too high that he can loose is eyes visibility.. See in that video what happaned the last time...

http://youtu.be/o7FaU2I1IdA

ADespaties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:08 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

I know some people have brought up that when Todd Fedoruk was a player here a few years ago he had the same problem with his face injuries where he was told not to fight anymore. This is an article from 2009.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...ruk-to/1058489
Quote:
Looking back, Todd Fedoruk said, fighting Thrashers tough guy Eric Boulton in the first game of the season was "stupid." At the time, he believed he had no other option. The challenge was made, and he responded. It is the way Fedoruk has always played. The Lightning left wing was careful to shield the right side of his face, which was so badly damaged in an October 2006 fight with the Wild's Derek Boogaard that five titanium plates were needed to put his orbital and cheekbones together. Titanium mesh holds the eye in place. "If I take a punch in the right spot, I could lose it," Fedoruk said. So what the heck was he doing with Boulton?

"I wanted to get my 1,000th penalty minute in a fight," Fedoruk said. "It's a pride thing."
Quote:
Fedoruk, 30, has 10 titanium plates in his face. Three hold together orbital and cheekbones around his left eye, shattered in a November 2003 fight with the Islanders' Eric Cairns. Two others hold together a sinus bone broken by a flying puck.

Fedoruk knows it is best that he no longer fights. But if he doesn't fight, how can he play?

"The way I was taught is, if you play a certain way, if somebody challenges you, you back it up, and you take that guy down," Fedoruk said.
Quote:
How can he play his usual feisty style if he can't answer the bell when challenged? It just doesn't seem right, he said: "It's a shock to your pride and your manhood."
He knows a punch could end his career and he has his family to think about. But that never stopped him from dropping the gloves a couple more times that season. Sometimes he grabbed on for dear life, or others he tried to protect himself as much as possible but he never turtled or ran. Some guys are just different.

Old
02-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

@ ADespaties

I think its just one of those things getting blown out of proportion on both sides. These things happen a lot throughout the year but only a handful become "controversies" like this one did. We will forget about this one soon like the rest are forgotten. Personally the more I think about it, the more I think this "incident" is overshadowing that it was a great hard fought game by both sides.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:56 PM
TBLHoser

Maybe we can just bring Svitov back and then we won't have this crap from Emelin....over and done!

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote