HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit at Columbus | 7PM 2.28.12 | "The Day After"

Old
02-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
And Boyce !!! May lord, has he been here 4 years already? I am not sure I ever saw a new player show so little enthusiasm for his new team since Jeff Carter started opening nite. Boyce was terrible, slow, barely interested. It seemed like an inconvenience to him to be on the ice.
On TV Boyce was rarely mentioned, perhaps once..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:19 PM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

Quote:
And Boyce !!! May lord, has he been here 4 years already? I am not sure I ever saw a new player show so little enthusiasm for his new team since Jeff Carter started opening nite. Boyce was terrible, slow, barely interested. It seemed like an inconvenience to him to be on the ice.
I honestly forgot he was even playing until the middle of the second period. Not sure if that's a sign of good, non-flashy play, or that he flat out doesn't belong on the NHL ice.

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:29 PM
cmhunrulyboy

Sad and disappointed. The team that I loved and knew is no longer.

Corporate ****** have taken over CBJ in favor of buddies over star players. I don't know how much longer I can take this. Nationwide ownership share may or may not help.

Reality has finally set in. I travel frequently and when I tell people I am from Columbus, I want them immediately know Ohio. Not assume Indiana or Georgia! WTF!

Love my Jackets, hate the management. How do we change it? Have so much fun at games, but loss after loss is a lost cause.

Think perhaps Nash is trying. How can we make a difference?

cmhunrulyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:37 PM
EpicDegree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Haha, you had ushers scrambling and started to get a little fire Howson chant going. Nice work.
Better than ushers, he had security following him around. They told our usher in 216/217 to "stop that guy" and Don basically gave them a look like, "are you freakin kidding me? Do your own job"

I was yelling at the security guard following QTM about trying to shut up the fans and worrying about signs. Ended up walking out at that point and giving all three (yes three, apparently a sign that says Fire Howson is a major breach of security) security people an earful. I have a real problem when the organization is more concerned about shutting any discontent fans down than icing a competitive hockey team.

Has this censorship been standard practice with CBJ, and I have just missed it up to this point? Is this common place with other teams around the league?

EpicDegree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDegree View Post
Better than ushers, he had security following him around. They told our usher in 216/217 to "stop that guy" and Don basically gave them a look like, "are you freakin kidding me? Do your own job"

I was yelling at the security guard following QTM about trying to shut up the fans and worrying about signs. Ended up walking out at that point and giving all three (yes three, apparently a sign that says Fire Howson is a major breach of security) security people an earful. I have a real problem when the organization is more concerned about shutting any discontent fans down than icing a competitive hockey team.

Has this censorship been standard practice with CBJ, and I have just missed it up to this point? Is this common place with other teams around the league?
Critical mass is growing, it's almost time for another get together on the steps of Mike Priests Church...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
cmhunrulyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Critical mass is growing, it's almost time for another get together on the steps of Mike Priests Church...
Or his house.

cmhunrulyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:51 AM
CapnCornelius

I'm not going to spill the beans about all of the wonderful things we have in store for Messrs. Priest and Howson before the season is over. Tonight was just the preface. No, I want each thing that follows to be a special surprise. Our little gift to them for everything they've given to us--the embarassment, the shame, and the countless losses.

But, before we throw our parties for them, we're going to need to do some prep work the next couple games--Phoenix and then "Welcome Back Kotter...er, Carter" Night.

We need volunteers for those games if you are interested. Each volunteer will get their own #OperationStinger t-shirt. You can contact me here or on twitter.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:50 AM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Quote:

I know back in the day in Vancouver, I heard any signs that were negative towards the team(or was it just management), it was banned. I'm sure, to this point, those types of signs are banned.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:08 AM
gojackets1
Someday.

What the hell happened? I went to bed when it was 2-2!

gojackets1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:15 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Must be the shock of leaving Toronto to come to the hotbed of hockey

EspenK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
This is what it has come to. A team built on waiver wire pick-ups. How far this team has fallen since 08-09.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:05 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
What the hell happened? I went to bed when it was 2-2!
Ah, the classic CBJ fan blunder.

"We're tied in the third period, I'm going to bed. What could possibly go wrong?"

LOL

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:19 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post

"We're tied in the third period, I'm going to bed. What could possibly go wrong?"

LOL
Alternately, plong, the perfect CBJ fan self-protection mechanism:

"We're tied in the third and I've gotten all the pleasure I'm likely to, it can only go downhill from here. Good night, All!"

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:24 AM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post

LOL
Lol touche, but Sanford was in net, and I think there were around 10 minutes left, didn't expect them to get 3 more!

gojackets1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:17 AM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Quote:

Of all the things that this organization has done to alienate its fans, this is the one that is really pi$$ing me off. Nobody was hurt by the signs, nobody was threatened (except for the people with the signs). I cant believe that these guys want to play it like this. Do they really want to turn fans into enemies? If so this is the one thing they have done right!

CarolinaBlueJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Matt Foley
Living in a van

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Alternately, plong, the perfect CBJ fan self-protection mechanism:

"We're tied in the third and I've gotten all the pleasure I'm likely to, it can only go downhill from here. Good night, All!"
I was ready to do just that when it was 2-1 when my son came downstairs after finishing his homework and wanted to watch the rest of the game with me. I obliged and we witnessed the meltdown together. After Detroit's fifth goal, I politely excused myself from the room, sat down at the computer in the den, and felt the need to go Darren McGavin on the team. Once I got that out of my system, I felt much better.

Edit: Yes, I am equating the Bumpus hounds to the Jackets.

Last edited by Matt Foley: 02-29-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Nordique

Sanford's last couple of appearances in net have really shown his age. He didn't have it in the 3rd, and the team in front of him couldn't keep up the pace either.

The second period was very entertaining though, great hockey, and the 1st wasn't bad either.

I was impressed by Brassard's play, and Gillies and Atkinson are very much trying to make their case for staying in the big league.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:44 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Johnson played a great game. Solid positionally, took the body when necessary, made good passes, skated well. He took Zetterberg completely out of the action several times. Yes, he did make one mistake on the last goal. But his guy is first pairing material. He is not a good pairing with Wiz, at least not yet. IN fact, I was amazed that the coaches don't get on Wiz to play with more of a brain. He is a friggin defenseman, yet he seems to take off up ice as soon as we touch the puck and he does not get back deep to help protect the goalie. JJ is looking like a future stud. But someone has got to sit down with Wix and have him watch some game tape. A defenseman has got to help protect the goalie, not look for breakaways to show his shoot out skills.
We've been trying to tell people this for the last 2 years, but everybody wants to look at stats and just assume Jack is a terrible defenseman. You guys will like him a lot.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote