HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm calling it now...it's not over folks

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Brad Doty
\_(ツ)_/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Statistically that is terrible for a big minute forward. If you were to mirror it to an 82 game season that is a pace for 36 points a season.

You are correct in Carter has had a few injuries but even when he has been healthy he hasn't been impressive. Carter's best season when he scored 46 goals and 84 points and was huge for the Flyers he followed it with a 1 point effort in the playoffs logging over 20 minutes a game as the Penguins romped the Flyers in 6.

In general Carter is yet to have that memorable playoff effort or play in general. Like as a Flyers fan when you think of players like Richards, Giroux, Briere, Pronger, Leino, Lupul, JVR, Primeau, Gagne, Umberger, etc, we can all remember specific efforts or amazing plays in the playoffs even if it was just once. With Carter it's blank. The only Carter playoff memory I have is when Carcillo missed his check and leveled Carter by mistake. Every memorable Carter moment was in the regular season.

For whatever reason Carter is still looking for his playoff breakout.
I will say this: I'd much rather count on Carter breaking out than Stoll leading our centers into playoff battle

Old
02-29-2012, 06:14 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Anyone who says we aren't going to make it to the playoffs is wrong!

Old
02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Anyone who says we aren't going to make it to the playoffs is wrong!

Ducks
Predators
Blue Jackets
Red Wings
Blackhawks
Red Wings
Ducks
Predators
Sharks
Blues
Bruins
Canucks
Oilers
Flames
Wild
Oilers
Sharks
Sharks

Let me know which of these 12 we are going to win.

Last edited by Axl Rhoadz*: 02-29-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old
02-29-2012, 06:26 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Statistically that is terrible for a big minute forward. If you were to mirror it to an 82 game season that is a pace for 36 points a season.
I'm sorry but you really can't equate playoff performance to regular season stats like that -16 games is a FULL playoff season. Most times, players only pay a fraction of that. Perhaps you can extrapolate taking that into account.

Old
02-29-2012, 06:30 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by axl rhoadz View Post
ducks
predators
blue jackets
red wings
blackhawks
red wings
ducks
predators
sharks
blues
bruins
canucks
wild
oilers
sharks
sharks

let me know which of these 12 we are going to win.

every single ****ing one.

Old
02-29-2012, 06:38 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Seriously. I dont know about you, but i have a feeling we are going to catch hot and win majority of the games. In the last few games we look much better. We can do this.

Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 02-29-2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
02-29-2012, 06:46 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Seriously. I dont know about you, but i have a feeling we are going to catch hot and win majority of the games. In the last few games we look much better. We can do this.
And if we do and STILL don't make it, so what? The ride would still be awesome!

Old
02-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKingFan View Post
I'm sorry but you really can't equate playoff performance to regular season stats like that -16 games is a FULL playoff season. Most times, players only pay a fraction of that. Perhaps you can extrapolate taking that into account.
I am confused as to what you mean. I was just going by PPG.

My point was just that Carter's production has dropped from the regular season to the playoffs. Carter has been in the playoffs 5 years in the NHL. 4 of the 5 years his production noticeably dipped, the 1 year it didn't was 07-08 right before his breakout season where he matched his season production exactly at a 53 point pace. Even the goal production was identical at a 29 goal pace.

Carter regular season vs Carter playoffs have been 2 different beasts. I am just interested in seeing if he turns that around.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:04 PM
KingsfanInsano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure I hope you're right. I mean, I hope you're right because I want to see playoff hockey.....but if you want regime change, you're in the unenviable position of hoping for a playoff miss, or a quick first round elimination. Otherwise we could be seeing Lombardi/Sutter hockey next year....with likely the same results.

Sucks being a Kings fan right now.
It sucks being a kings fan right now??? I think it just got exciting. Voynov and Carter in the lineup sure make me happy. And they've played well the past couple games.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Is it already a fact that the kings missed the playoffs? There isn't a team in the NHL that the Kings couldn't beat.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Is it already a fact that the kings missed the playoffs? There isn't a team in the NHL that the Kings couldn't beat.
It's a fact the Kings have played subpar hockey for the majority of the season thus far. Had it not been for Quick, they probably wouldn't even be .500.

Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 02-29-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: deleted potentially inflammatory remark
Old
02-29-2012, 08:52 PM
KingsKnight
L.A. Kriminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
BTW, you call it negative, I see it as facts and reality.
Fact and reality: The Kings are still in the hunt to make the playoffs. I think the only teams we haven't beaten this year in that group you listed is Boston and Detroit, so at this point it's still possible.

Last edited by KingsKnight: 02-29-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: added Boston
Old
02-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
It's a fact the Kings have played subpar hockey for the majority of the season thus far. Had it not been for Quick, they probably wouldn't even be .500.
How many games have they played with carter? Kings are 2-1 with 9 goals. That's a fact.

Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 02-29-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: deleted part of quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Let's keep it civil in here. People can have differing opinions about how the Kings will fare the rest of the season, but there's a line that doesn't need to be crossed (for both sides of the argument). This serves as a fair warning to everyone.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
How many games have they played with carter? Kings are 2-1 with 9 goals. That's a fact.
And have scored 4 goals 2 out of those 3 games.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
In this rabbit's opinion, this giant it a giant litmus test. The Ducks have been storming up the standings for months.

It's tough to gauge this team, especially with Carter. 9 goals in three games will win us a lot of games. I am not too worried about the Nashville loss. I am also not jumping for joy over beating a shell shocked Wild team.

This game is going to be a playoff game and I am excited to see what happens. We need to pay them back for passing us in the standing last year and we need to prove that ahole Ahlers wrong about the Kings missing the playoffs.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Fact and reality: The Kings are still in the hunt to make the playoffs. I think the only teams we haven't beaten this year in that group you listed is Boston and Detroit, so at this point it's still possible.
Aren't the Wings without Datsyuk and Lidstrom nursing knee injuries right now? Maybe the Wings won't push em back so they are set for the playoffs.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:49 PM
tantrum4*

Wow the title of this thread is typical Kings fan mentality. Glad you have your teams' back.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Wow the title of this thread is typical Kings fan mentality. Glad you have your teams' back.
I think the title says "it's NOT over folks."

Old
02-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post

And there's our avatar. Can someone photoshop Porky Pig in a Kings jersey on that red Looney Toons background?

I know you can do it Ron Swanson

Old
02-29-2012, 10:23 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

We can beat all of our opponents if we play like we are recently playing. We can do etttt.

Old
02-29-2012, 10:39 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

I agree with Lombardi that some of the scoring problems are mental/psychological. A little confidence can go a long way.

I think the Carter trade has given this team a little bit of a spark, an endorsement that management thinks this team has the potential to make a run.

All I know is that if I were Vancouver/Detroit, I would not want to play LA in the first round with a goalie like Quick who can steal games, a stellar defense, and an offense with Kopitar, Richards, and Stoll down the middle and some potential on the wings with Brown, Williams, Carter, and maybe even Gagne.

This team reminds me a lot of the Flyers team from 2009-10 that got in on the last day of the season and made a run to the Cup. They were a talented group but struggled all year and barely got in. Their issues were the opposite of ours, as they had a great offense but struggled all year with inconsistent goaltending (we have the goaltending but not the offense). You knew they were a much more talented group than the #7 seed, they just couldn't put it together for long stretches in the regular season. But when their backs were up against the wall in the playoffs, they responded.

I have the same feeling with this team. Much more talented than our record/points total/offensive numbers indicate. Have been inconsistent all year and have struggled to score consistently, but think if this team can get in, they can be extremely dangerous.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:14 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post

Ah, ha ha my bad. Got it mixed up with the other one

Old
03-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Rod Buskas*

If we make the playoffs, we have a great chance of beating the #1 seed. We would be playing well.

Old
03-01-2012, 01:57 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Ah, ha ha my bad. Got it mixed up with the other one
thats the nonbelievers lol. DONt stop beliiiiieving.

Closed Thread