HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

RCMP probe hockey violence

Old
02-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Alpine

vCash: 500
RCMP probe hockey violence

Cross-check during adult rec causes broken facial bones police investigating.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...ation-249.html

This comes on the heels of police being called in at a Pee-Wee house league game.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...uispamsis.html

2 years ago a played was charged and convicted of assault during a Senior A game that allows fighting.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...arges-301.html

There's also a vid in the last link concerning a recent incident involving police investigation at a NB High School game.

Last edited by Alpine: 02-28-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:26 PM
vapor11

Can't blame hockey for the violence in the world but some people take things too far

I remember being in bantam having cops at our playoff games because of amount of fighting in the previous game, a player throwing his stick into a crowd of parents, a teammate starting a fight with the timekeeper while in the penalty box, seen parents thrown out..I remember playing in games where both teams had a strong hate and someone could have gotten hurt..but I still don't agree with no-contact rules

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:58 PM
r3cc0s

happens in all sports... BUT that being said

hockey is a game that, league permitting, can cause frustration just due to the fact that there are so many ways to play dirty

don't get me wrong league football and soccer get out of hand too, but... in my league I've seen this

a team-mate who was slashed, slew-foots the guy... very dirty...

my team-mate goes for a change, the guy who was slew footed retaliates against another team-mate and breaks his stick with a two hander to the back of the guys knees (unprotected)

then all out war breaks out, and I try to help the ref break the **** up

a guy on their team, then calls me out... I said, listen man lets just ****ing stop the game and get changed, I turn around and he drops me to the grown bertuzzi like... but I'm fine

I get up, and said... I got your number next time.

then... we manage to get composure, the rink mgr and the rink rats open the zamboni door and we go to our dressing room (beaking each other all the way)

my guy's knee if ****ed, and hes just the recipient... we grill the asshat who slewfooted and started the whole thing

we leave the rink, and sure enough... that same asshat who bertuzzi'd me is waiting for me

well... I can tell you that hockey gear hides alot, and that a 30 year old 230lb fat 5'10er against a 23 year old (me at the time) 6' 205lb college db and ex light-heavyweight div golden glove didn't bold well for him

he comes at me, and a small step to the left, a light shot to the face and a hard body blow, and he drops to all fours and puts up his hand like he had enough.

next time we played that team, I lined right up to him at the fact off, and he couldn't even look me in the eye

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:59 AM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
When it comes down to it, if people just reminded themselves, "It's just a game" before they acted, a lot of this stuff could be prevented.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Stickmata

When I was kid of 13, we actually had to have the cops come and break up a fight between our team and a local Catholic school team. It was a floor hockey game...

People are violent.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote