HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2011-2012 Season Appreciation Thread

Old
04-26-2012, 11:22 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

vCash: 500
2011-2012 Season Appreciation Thread

What a great season. Exceeded my expectations in so many ways. Thanks Panthers for a great season. The golden age for this team is rapidly approaching. WE Took a giant leap in the right direction this year.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:24 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
congrats on the great season guys

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Stanley Cup
Global Meowderator

vCash: 58
I'll copy/paste what I wrote in the other thread :

Your team has so much to build on, young guys like Gudbranson and Kulikov got so much experience out of this and you got Huberdeau who should play a huge role on your team by next season. Don't forget Markstrom. You have nothing to be shy at, to be honest I thought the Panthers would get a top 3 pick this year Seriously this year was a turning point for your team moving forward, better luck next season!

Stanley Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:28 PM
DBU
All You Can Do

I said it in the GDT, but again, congrats on a terrific season. I didn't really know it until OT tonight, but I was pulling for you guys all the way. The Panthers have a bright future, and I know you'll be back soon enough.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
EnglishDevil

Devils fan here, i just wanted to say that was an absolutely phenomenal series and you guys should be incredibly proud of your panthers; only fitting that it went to game 7 double OT, it's really a shame either team had to lose.

Credit where credit is due, i hadn't watched many Panthers games this season but i'll never make the mistake of underestimating your team again, Tallon has assembled a really great bunch of players that play with so much passion, grit and intensity.

I have absolutely no doubt that you guys will be making some noise in the playoffs in seasons to come if you keep playing like that. Hell of a series guys, very best of luck next season.

EnglishDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DiMaGa
F.L.A. ALL DAY

It was fun, glad I found a hockey forum with so many Panthers fans this year. Hopefully we'll build off this and come back and win a series next season.

DiMaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:29 PM
engy

vCash: 344
Good series guys. I knew Panthers wouldn't be easy despite what everyone else said. You really took Devils fans on a up and down emotional coaster.

engy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:29 PM
DiMaGa
F.L.A. ALL DAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDevil View Post
Devils fan here, i just wanted to say that was an absolutely phenomenal series and you guys should be incredibly proud of your panthers; only fitting that it went to game 7 double OT, it's really a shame either team had to lose.

Credit where credit is due, i hadn't watched many Panthers games this season but i'll never make the mistake of underestimating your team again, Tallon has assembled a really great bunch of players that play with so much passion, grit and intensity.

I have absolutely no doubt that you guys will be making some noise in the playoffs in seasons to come if you keep playing like that. Hell of a series guys, very best of luck next season.
Classy post thanks, good luck in Philly.

DiMaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Pantherkidd101
Don't Read This

Send a message via AIM to Pantherkidd101
At least we get a banner!

Pantherkidd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gizmo12688

As ****** as this loss feels to end our season, it's still been the best year we've had as fans in over a decade. Things feel like they can only get better for the first time in forever. No longer do we feel the shame of our 12 year curse.

See ya in October.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Caps fan stopping by to say that this team came out of nowhere, exceeded a lot of expectations, played some great hockey, and made a Sunrise, Florida rubber rat vendor a very, very happy man.

They were fun to watch and seem to have a good team to move forwards with.

PuckBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

We got to see the rats fly in a playoff series again. What more can we ask for.

Takkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Erick

Thank you 2011/2012 Panthers.

I'll always remember what this team accomplished.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:33 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Great season guys. Nothing to hang your heads about.

Buttttt, there is room on the Coyotes wagon if you want to jump on

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:34 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Love this damn team so much. We've all shared insane amounts of frustration, insane amounts of complete excitement and joy. It's been one hell of a season. Thank you panthers, thank you to all you guys on HF, pleasure posting with all of yah.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:36 PM
gizmo12688

Checklist for next year's team:

Win in overtime [ ]

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Haj

I'd rather blow a 3-2 series lead and lose in double OT then wait around for draft lottery results. The loss hurts, but it doesn't hurt worse than 12 years of losing. It doesn't hurt worse than having a firesale at the trade deadline. It doesn't hurt worse than being eliminated from the playoffs in February. It doesn't hurt worse than trading unhappy players who don't want to be here. It is one step to hopefully one day winning the cup and relevancy.

Definitely a flawed team in many ways, but the Panthers battled hard all year. Which all you can really ask for. Weiss really showed up in the playoffs which was real nice to see.

I am proud. I will be wearing Panther gear tomorrow.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

So proud of our team. Can not wait to see what a healthy Panther team can do in October 2012!

I'll be stocking up on rats all throughout the summer.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Tuco

Too early to be happy about the season.

Maybe tomorrow.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:44 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
So proud of our team. Can not wait to see what a healthy Panther team can do in October 2012!

I'll be stocking up on rats all throughout the summer.
Just imagine what the arena will look like after playoff games next season, if we are lucky enough to make it again.

Like I said in the other thread, we should all hold our heads high because hockey is relevant in South Florida again. Tallon will make his tweaks, we will start rolling in our top prospects over the next few seasons, and we should see a lot more playoffs games. This was a rehearsal for all of us, as we will be seeing many more games in late Aprils!

And congrats to everyone who went to the game tonight. The building was electric in the third. Im sure the building never sounded like that before!

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Rpbpantherfan

Great season. Panthers got the town talking about hockey again !! Can't wait for next season

Rpbpantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
What a great season. Exceeded my expectations in so many ways. Thanks Panthers for a great season. The golden age for this team is rapidly approaching. WE Took a giant leap in the right direction this year.
Yeah, I echo this. This season surpassed my best hopes. We were one bounce away from advancing to the 2nd round. With Tallon at the helm I feel good about our chances for a Cup one day.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:54 AM
floridashawn

Thank You 2011-2012 Florida Panthers

What a great season, as I was walking out I realized this is the first time in 8 years as a season ticket holder that I felt great leaving the building after the last game.

Why? Because the team we saw tonight will be the worst team on the ice for the foreseeable future. Next year will be better than this one, and the year after better than that. We haven't been able to say that for...well as long as i have lived here.

Thanks to the entire organization for a wonderful year, and to a great bunch of guys who put the Florida Panthers back on the map.

Now please get Parise this summer...;-)

floridashawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:57 AM
floridashawn

What a great season, as I was walking out I realized this is the first time in 8 years as a season ticket holder that I felt great leaving the building after the last game.

Why? Because the team we saw tonight will be the worst team on the ice for the foreseeable future. Next year will be better than this one, and the year after better than that. We haven't been able to say that for...well as long as i have lived here.

Thanks to the entire organization for a wonderful year, and to a great bunch of guys who put the Florida Panthers back on the map.

Now please get Parise this summer...;-)

floridashawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:33 AM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

Posted this on the other thread, but itll get locked soon -
I am so sad by this loss, but seriously... I'm still proud of the boys.
Madden breaks his nose, gets stitches and returns to play. Flash plays with a broken hand. I can't say that this team didn't have heart.

They said we'd be dead last, or among the last in our conference. We wouldn't gel. After 2 months we were at the top of the NHL. Then they said it was a fluke and after our topline declines we will slowly fade. After we won our division they told us we won it because it was the weakest division this year - fluke season. When we finally made the playoffs they said we'd get swept, we pushed it to seven games.

This season was a joy, we certainly didn't make it easy for us but just making the playoffs was good enough for me. We got so good prospects that it can only get better after this. I'm excited to see what Tallon will do with this team in the summer and I'm even more excited to see Hubby next season.

I had a fun time talking to you guys, hopefully we can have some more fun for 4-6 months before the season starts.

In Tallon I trust.

freakstar is offline   Reply With Quote