HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Vincent Trocheck signs entry level contract

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
  #1
blackpanthers
Registered User
 
blackpanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Vincent Trocheck signs entry level contract

Panthers just announced that Trocheck was signed to an entry level contract
http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.ht...-trocheck-0423


Last edited by blackpanthers: 04-23-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: fixed link
blackpanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:48 PM
  #2
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,221
vCash: 500
Can he play in the playoffs, or is he too late to join the team? (AHL)

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:30 PM
  #3
iam76
Registered User
 
iam76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
does that mean he has to play in the ahl or echl? or can he stay in his current league

iam76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:06 PM
  #4
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Trocheck is not AHL eligible next season, but i believe may be eligible to play in the AHL playoffs as a sign-on contract. As he is a 93 and was a late born draftee, next year he must play in the CHL or the NHL (NHL isn't likely). To play in the AHL you must turn 20 before 31st December (I think), unless drafted in Europe, where you can play in the AHL immediately after being drafted.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
  #5
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,608
vCash: 500
I love this guy, what a steal. Had the second most assists in the OHL regular-season. Very dynamic, great stickhandler and good wrist-shot.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:19 PM
  #6
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
I love this guy, what a steal. Had the second most assists in the OHL regular-season. Very dynamic, great stickhandler and good wrist-shot.
Frankly, i love being a doubting thomas, but why must you persist on declaring him a steal in any situation or post that pertains to him.

He isn't a steal, because measurements of definition for a "steal" cannot possibly have been met yet. No prospect a year removed from his draft, much less a prospect unproven at the NHL level in any capacity, can be declared a steal.

I am being a know it all pessimist blah blah blah, but declarations like the quoted are fundamentally illogical and do nothing other than to set one self up for a disappointment.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:34 PM
  #7
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Frankly, i love being a doubting thomas, but why must you persist on declaring him a steal in any situation or post that pertains to him.

He isn't a steal, because measurements of definition for a "steal" cannot possibly have been met yet. No prospect a year removed from his draft, much less a prospect unproven at the NHL level in any capacity, can be declared a steal.

I am being a know it all pessimist blah blah blah, but declarations like the quoted are fundamentally illogical and do nothing other than to set one self up for a disappointment.
I saw this guy several times going into the draft, and I really wanted him badly. He was such a force for Saginaw and a threat every time he was on the ice. I was extremely surprised he fell to early 3rd. And so far he hasn't proven me wrong, I'd loved what I've seen of him every time I've seen him. I'm very optimistic about his future, and it seems like Tallon is too since they offer him ELC so early. Tons of upside!

I don't blame you for being pessimistic (with our record of drafting), but I believe this was a high value selection. He is so dynamic, great skater and a great stickhandler. Can't believe he wasn't playing for team US during the WJC.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:47 PM
  #8
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
I saw this guy several times going into the draft, and I really wanted him badly. He was such a force for Saginaw and a threat every time he was on the ice. I was extremely surprised he fell to early 3rd. And so far he hasn't proven me wrong, I'd loved what I've seen of him every time I've seen him. I'm very optimistic about his future, and it seems like Tallon is too since they offer him ELC so early. Tons of upside!

I don't blame you for being pessimistic (with our record of drafting), but I believe this was a high value selection. He is so dynamic, great skater and a great stickhandler. Can't believe he wasn't playing for team US during the WJC.
I have no issue with you liking him, and you certainly have a far greater idea of his abilities and upside than i do. It's just the consistent use of a word/concept that isn't applicable to his current situation that i see on HFboards an ordinate amount.

"Insert name is a steal" ; well no, to be a steal, the player has to have proven such, not because he has nice stats in the CHL a year onwards, you've heard he has puck skills and he was drafted by your team.

I also wouldn't say i am that pessimistic about our drafting, rather i tend to be relatively pessimistic towards prospects overall. People greatly over-estimate their success rate and upside.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:40 PM
  #9
Kingpin794
Lucky 13
 
Kingpin794's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Freeland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Hey What's up. I've been watching Vince play in Saginaw the past three years. I know alot of you guys have done your homework on what kind of prospects the Panthers have. I just thought I'd throw in my two cents about what kind of player Vince is.

First the good: During his time in Saginaw so far he has had season point totals in the 40's, 60's, and 80's over his first three years respectively. He has shown that he can be an offensive as well as defensive leader. He is a great skater and puck handler. What he may lack in size, he makes up for in energy and effort. And he uses that to his advantage on the PK and was probably second best on the team as a penaltly killer (only to Brandon Saad).

Now the bad: This year he had the habbit of trying to make plays all by himself. Nine times out of ten he would take the puck at center ice deke through one guy and try to go through two more without thinking about passing to a teamate or just dumping it in. He would also force alot of ill advised shots (which isn't great since he doesn't have the most accurate shot). When Greg Gilbert took over the team in late December this type of selfish play stopped for the most part but it did pop up every once and a while.

Overall he has the potential to be at his best as a strong two way forward that is a great playmaker that gets the occasional garbage goal. He has also benifited from alot of talent on the team over the past two years. Guys like Saad, and Josh Shalla have helped direct some of the pressure off of Vince. Next year will be a good measuring stick because the success of Saginaw's offense will run squarely through him. If he can limit the selfish play by learning to trust his teamates and set them up he could challenge for the OHL scoring title next year. If not his production could drop fast. I tend to think more of the former will happen than the latter.

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:44 PM
  #10
WhalerPanther
Registered User
 
WhalerPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
San Antonio Rampage's website has him listed as being assigned to them as of Monday. He didn't play in Game 3 last night and I'd be surprised to see him tonight for Game 4 but you never know.

WhalerPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:54 PM
  #11
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,585
vCash: 50
^^^

Sounds like you're talking about Kris Versteeg

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:55 PM
  #12
WhalerPanther
Registered User
 
WhalerPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
I would definately agree unfortunately.

WhalerPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:31 AM
  #13
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Hey What's up. I've been watching Vince play in Saginaw the past three years. I know alot of you guys have done your homework on what kind of prospects the Panthers have. I just thought I'd throw in my two cents about what kind of player Vince is.

First the good: During his time in Saginaw so far he has had season point totals in the 40's, 60's, and 80's over his first three years respectively. He has shown that he can be an offensive as well as defensive leader. He is a great skater and puck handler. What he may lack in size, he makes up for in energy and effort. And he uses that to his advantage on the PK and was probably second best on the team as a penaltly killer (only to Brandon Saad).

Now the bad: This year he had the habbit of trying to make plays all by himself. Nine times out of ten he would take the puck at center ice deke through one guy and try to go through two more without thinking about passing to a teamate or just dumping it in. He would also force alot of ill advised shots (which isn't great since he doesn't have the most accurate shot). When Greg Gilbert took over the team in late December this type of selfish play stopped for the most part but it did pop up every once and a while.

Overall he has the potential to be at his best as a strong two way forward that is a great playmaker that gets the occasional garbage goal. He has also benifited from alot of talent on the team over the past two years. Guys like Saad, and Josh Shalla have helped direct some of the pressure off of Vince. Next year will be a good measuring stick because the success of Saginaw's offense will run squarely through him. If he can limit the selfish play by learning to trust his teamates and set them up he could challenge for the OHL scoring title next year. If not his production could drop fast. I tend to think more of the former will happen than the latter.
That's very surprising to hear. I didn't watch Saginaw play this season, but last season Trocheck was the opposite of what you described. I think you'd agree, he was extremely smart one of his best attributes was his hockey sense. I guess he started to think he was too good or something. Hopefully he turns it around next season.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:34 AM
  #14
Kingpin794
Lucky 13
 
Kingpin794's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Freeland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
That's very surprising to hear. I didn't watch Saginaw play this season, but last season Trocheck was the opposite of what you described. I think you'd agree, he was extremely smart one of his best attributes was his hockey sense. I guess he started to think he was too good or something. Hopefully he turns it around next season.
Yeah he can be the guy with the best hockey smarts out on the ice on any given night. It was weird because he was like that alot his draft year and didn't try being a sniper. He gets drafted in the offsesaon and then BAM! He starts playing like he wants to build his stats instead of working with the team. But like I said Greg Gilbert came in and that kind of play stopped for the most part.

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.