HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm calling it now...it's over folks.

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

vCash: 500
I'm calling it now...it's over folks.

Kings will need to go 13-6 in final 19 to get to 94 points. For a team that's only 5 games over .500 after 63 games, no way that's happening. Sure the team could get hot...but let's get realistic, have they ever been hot all season?

Hit the reset button, ffwd to OCT. Looking forward to going back to a season where the Kings are expected to suck ass....they play better with no expectations, that has been clearly proven by the 2011-12 campaign.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:51 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

This team isn't making the playoffs. Even if they did, they would get embarrassed by a top 2 seed. Coaches and players have been changed to no effect, after this season it's time for a management change. Either way they better pick a forward with the 1st rounder we got this year.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:55 AM
theMajor

shut your poop mouth. the Kings will make the playoffs

Old
02-28-2012, 12:58 AM
MollerManor

tony.... somebody... please delete this stupid waste of a thread. go take your cynicism/negative nancy-ness to the 'other' board.

Old
02-28-2012, 12:59 AM
redcard

We're 2 points behind Dallas for the 8th spot. 2 points.

Sure, I'm doubtful and pessimistic as well, but it's not like it'll take an act of God to make the playoffs.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post

Sure, I'm doubtful and pessimistic as well, but it's not like it'll take an act of God to make the playoffs.
The real problem is the teams all around us are streaking and we're not. Check out the Coyotes, Ducks, etc.

There are teams falling, to be sure, but none as consistently mediocre as we have been :/

Old
02-28-2012, 01:08 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
The real problem is the teams all around us are streaking and we're not. Check out the Coyotes, Ducks, etc.

There are teams falling, to be sure, but none as consistently mediocre as we have been :/
honestly, i think we will catch fire soon, i know we havent but todays game doesn't count it was pure ******** and luck that got nashville the win. we were good.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:23 AM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

I think that its definetely possible to do it. But the stars and avs are both on a 4 game win streak and not letting up. I do believe that they will catch fire, but will it be enough? So much stuff has to go right. Both the stars and flames have to start losing more, and the kings need to start winning more.

However, if the kings were to miss the playoffs dean lombardi would walk around with this

Old
02-28-2012, 01:25 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Old
02-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post

The Ducks will be passing us on Saturday. Why the hell not? Every other team we've played that was right behind us in the last couple weeks has. It's been over for a while, the only question is whether or not Lombardi and Sutter remain next season.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Theav8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post

The scary thing about that is the win column...with so many teams fighting for the 7th and 8th seed, we would have to win it outright. I mean look at Minnesota who is only 3 points behind us, but they have the same number of wins...We are going to have to finish in a spot all alone and not be tied in points, because everyone above us has at least 4+ more wins right now. Yea we are 2 points out of 8th, but still have 5 less wins than both Colorado (9th) and Dallas (8th)...heck the Ducks are still 4 points back, but only have 1 less win...

Old
02-28-2012, 01:38 AM
theMajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
The Ducks will be passing us on Saturday. Why the hell not? Every other team we've played that was right behind us in the last couple weeks has. It's been over for a while, the only question is whether or not Lombardi and Sutter remain next season.
i bet you believed in Y2K too, huh?

Old
02-28-2012, 02:00 AM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
The Kings will have 3 days rest on Sat and playing at home. The Ducks will be playing the 2nd of back-to-backs. Should be the coup de grace of humiliation.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:01 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
I'm rooting for the kings to make the playoffs. i like los angeles. before bed every night, unless im rooting for something else, im thinking about the kings winning playoff series. in my short period of life being a kings fan, i believe in this team the most. they can turn it around

Old
02-28-2012, 02:13 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
i bet you believed in Y2K too, huh?
He who eats bacon is a butterfly on the wind, amirite?

Old
02-28-2012, 02:14 AM
BD33

Even if they do manage to sneak into the playoffs they're going to draw the Canucks or Red Wings. I just don't see this team making it past either one. I think they have a slightly better chance against Vancouver (they haven't played terrible against them in the regular season), but I still think a first round exit is the absolute best this team can do this year. Obviously I want them to do well and go far in the playoffs, but honestly that's the best I see this team doing this year.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:26 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Kings will need to go 13-6 in final 19 to get to 94 points. For a team that's only 5 games over .500 after 63 games, no way that's happening. Sure the team could get hot...but let's get realistic, have they ever been hot all season?

Hit the reset button, ffwd to OCT. Looking forward to going back to a season where the Kings are expected to suck ass....they play better with no expectations, that has been clearly proven by the 2011-12 campaign.
i love when these whiners ride the wave of misery and call out a prophesy as if it were something none of us could foresee or imagine.

Could we miss the playoffs? Hell freaking yes we can. I think it's pretty damn obvious we've been on a downward spiral for quite some time. Do you have to go on a blow horn and try to act like you're the purveyor of truth?

I already laid up a bet earlier, but not one of you whiners had the balls to take it. You could have been right, but as usual, you guys don't have any commit to your word. Good thing for me you guys have no spine, I could have been out a hundred.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:35 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

i indeed have the balls to take your hundred dollars
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
i love when these whiners ride the wave of misery and call out a prophesy as if it were something none of us could foresee or imagine.

Could we miss the playoffs? Hell freaking yes we can. I think it's pretty damn obvious we've been on a downward spiral for quite some time. Do you have to go on a blow horn and try to act like you're the purveyor of truth?

I already laid up a bet earlier, but not one of you whiners had the balls to take it. You could have been right, but as usual, you guys don't have any commit to your word. Good thing for me you guys have no spine, I could have been out a hundred.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:41 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Anyone who has been playing and watching hockey for a long period of knows better than to declare the end until the fat lady is singing.

Axl has been doing this all season. I can't wait for some of you to tell us what your feet taste like in a few weeks.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:53 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

I can teel you now. potato skin, old mushroom soaked in dirty sock water
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I can't wait for some of you to tell us what your feet taste like in a few weeks.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:41 AM
CNS
A World Alone

I've felt this way since December. Forget this season ever happened, fire Dean, fire every damn coach (including Ranford), and bring in someone competent. The poster who suggested we bring in that Detroit assistant GM gets free cookies.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:49 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Unfortunately, I really do believe it's over. It's been a long and mostly painful year and the only thing that will make it worth it would be a regime change. If it doesn't happen this season will have been a waste and I'll probably drastically reduce the number of games I watch next year. With that said, I think we will be looking at a top 10 pick in the draft.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:51 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Even though I think this season is kaput and we won't make the playoffs, I do think it might go down as a weird transitional year that was an aberration which ultimately led us closer to our goal.

Adding Richards + Carter, the emergence of Voynov, and hopefully a new GM, coach, and system. The roster itself, guided by a better hand, could really gel and come together in the next couple years. The future is still bright, but this year might need to be sacrificed to get there.

The only thing that really sucks is that another playoff series would do a lot of good for some of these young guys' development.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:14 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

When all is said and done, I just hope the team actually learns from their mistakes this season and use them to their advantage next season. Some of the guys need to mature and play with more heart. They also have to stop buying into their own press so damn much. Remember last season when they were the best team in the league for a bit and that caused them to be complacent and then go on a terrible losing streak? This year, they have already given up and embraced the fact that they can't score goals. So the result is, they aren't scoring. They are too damn mentally fragile.

At this point, it's a foregone conclusion that Lombardi has overstayed his welcome. His pride and stubbornness has caused more harm than good. The Kings need a system that can compete with the way the game is being played today. It's just a shame that the Kings are owned by a corporation who only care about the profit line. They are putting the cart ahead of the horse this season with all the billboards and TV ads promising stuff that this team has yet to deliver. Add in the raised season ticket prices next season and it's just makes everything that much worse. This has been a really disheartening season for Kings fans.

Old
02-28-2012, 06:58 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

It ain't over until Craig Button gets on his soap box and declares it so, while taking jab after jab at Lombardi. This will be followed up by letting everyone know how he'd have built the team.

Closed Thread