HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres' Miller unhappy to see Gaustad dealt

Old
02-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9 View Post
I don't think Miller should be publicly criticizing the moves of his GM. That's weak.

At the end of the day, 9/10 people who know a thing about the NHL agree that it was a great value trade for the organization.

I thought Regier was spot on during yesterday's presser when he indicated that it's easier to acquire grit and toughness on the UFA market than it is to acquire a legit Top 6 centreman with skill and talent.

I'm stoked about yesterday.
Is he criticizing Regier though? The comment about "having more influence" could also have something to do with his influence on his friend's decisions as well.

Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Where was his "closest friend" when Lucic steamrollered him and sent him off with a concussion?

He acknowledges having some influence on decisions the Sabres make but that it wasn't enough to keep his best friend?

Proof that goalies have a screw loose when it comes to rationalizing things. For all of the emphasis that Miller has made in past interviews about wanting to win and venting about his frustrations of his team playing like "fragile children" and being undisciplines, one would think that he'd accept that his group of buddies haven't succeeded in doing anything but tread water.

I'm beginning to wonder if Miller's responses to the rumors a few months ago, where he dismissed wanting to go anywhere because the "grass is greener" theory didn't apply to Buffalo, was motivated by a sense of security and tolerance for underachieving that has existed inside the Sabres' organization for so long - one that, with Pegula's lavish expenditures now added, very likely has bred a mindset of entitlement. Despite failures, the core group that Miller and his Rochester friends have formed for the past 5 years, has not undergone any change or threat of break-up. Yet Miller's words ring as if he thinks, "how dare they trade any of our core and my friends". He learned it was a business long ago - when Biron (his buddy) and Campbell were dealt and when Briere & Drury were not re-signed.

Maybe I am reading too much into this latest interview but Miller's past perspectives haven't been all that different to dispel the notion that he's becoming a bit of a prima donna IMO.

The comments in this article rubbed me the wrong way as well...

Fan-of-#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Miller comments on trade : "What a jerk, he's not the GM!! He should shutup and play."

Miller doesn't comment on trade : "What a jerk. His best friend gets moved and he doesn't say anything? Terrible friend and teammate."
Oh come on now, who the hell would actually say that? Who here has said anything like that before? It seems like you're just trying to pick a fight.

I did read the article and did listen to the audio. Miller was Miller. He was upset but he didn't cross any lines, it was like any other player that was sad to see a teammate go. This IS NOT a big deal at all.

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Is he criticizing Regier though? The comment about "having more influence" could also have something to do with his influence on his friend's decisions as well.
I don't think so. He was criticizing the decision of trading Paul Gaustad.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:29 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Miller's venting a little ... so what? He lost a close friend and he expressed his feelings.

I am positive, this will not be a lingering issue for him. But i'm sure it will be for Bucky, or a few posters.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
Oh come on now, who the hell would actually say that? Who here has said anything like that before? It seems like you're just trying to pick a fight.

I did read the article and did listen to the audio. Miller was Miller. He was upset but he didn't cross any lines, it was like any other player that was sad to see a teammate go. This IS NOT a big deal at all.
It's HFB.

It was a more tongue in cheek comment. Someone will come up with that eventually, especially when it comes to Miller.

I completely agree that it's not a big deal. That being said, people will over react to it, simply because it's Miller.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer

Quote:
I don't think Miller should be publicly criticizing the moves of his GM. That's weak.

At the end of the day, 9/10 people who know a thing about the NHL agree that it was a great value trade for the organization.

I thought Regier was spot on during yesterday's presser when he indicated that it's easier to acquire grit and toughness on the UFA market than it is to acquire a legit Top 6 centreman with skill and talent.

I'm stoked about yesterday.
Is this really any different than what Ryan said when Timmy wasn't re-signed by the Sabres?

Miller isn't wrong about Goose. He was valuable to the team and will be missed. His value was also apparent to Nashville, who paid well for his services.

Bobby Bottle Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:36 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Ruff said it was hard on him to see Gaustad go.

Pile on Lindy too!!!!!

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanSince89 View Post
Miller isn't wrong about Goose. He was valuable to the team and will be missed. His value was also apparent to Nashville, who paid well for his services.
Bottom line that someone should ask him is: does he want to win a championship or does he want to play with people he's close to?

As time has proven, he can't have it both ways.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Clock

He was probably asked directly how he felt about the move. I don't blame him for being honest, but Miller didn't do himself any favors by disagreeing with the move or making it even partially about friendship.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Bottom line that someone should ask him is: does he want to win a championship or does he want to play with people he's close to?

As time has proven, he can't have it both ways.
this is what sort of bugged me about what miller said. at the end of the day, they're definitely better off getting the pick for goose rather than retaining him and possibly losing him for nothing on july 1st if he had decided to test the market and got an offer he couldn't refuse. yeah, losing him sucks. i'm totally fine with ryan saying that and mentioning how you need guys like him on any team...but i can't help thinking it would have been nice for miller to say that even though seeing goose get traded hurts, it was a good move to help turn the team around in the future. there's no debate about that trade. flipping him and a 4th for a 1st is awesome value.

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:06 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
this is what sort of bugged me about what miller said. at the end of the day, they're definitely better off getting the pick for goose rather than retaining him and possibly losing him for nothing on july 1st if he had decided to test the market and got an offer he couldn't refuse. yeah, losing him sucks. i'm totally fine with ryan saying that and mentioning how you need guys like him on any team...but i can't help thinking it would have been nice for miller to say that even though seeing goose get traded hurts, it was a good move to help turn the team around in the future. there's no debate about that trade. flipping him and a 4th for a 1st is awesome value.
For a fan and for the organization, yes. For a teammate, not so much.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Fan-of-#9

Any positive comments from Miller about the acquisition of Hodgson and filling the gaping hole at C?

Honest question.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Any positive comments from Miller about the acquisition of Hodgson and filling the gaping hole at C?

Honest question.
You know TBN would never print something positive. They're out to get the Sabres and Terry.

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Sabreality

who cares. just stop the puck hippie

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Pidto on NHL Live clearly didn't listen to the audio and went with the overblown "Miller is very angry" comments when talking to Regier right now. Eh. It starts.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Rammstein816

Apparently Cal Clutterbuck wasn't happy about Nick Schultz leaving Minnesota. Maybe he's being run out of town as well

Rammstein816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein816 View Post
Apparently Cal Clutterbuck wasn't happy about Nick Schultz leaving Minnesota. Maybe he's being run out of town as well
Heh. True. People are people, they're going to react to these things.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

vCash: 436
I mean the only reason he was here at that salary was to placate Miller in the first place. He'll be back, I warrant.

Connor McDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Moskau

"Ryan Miller has opinion... wants everyone to hear about it. (Part 329)"

Moskau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:42 PM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Pidto on NHL Live clearly didn't listen to the audio and went with the overblown "Miller is very angry" comments when talking to Regier right now. Eh. It starts.
Paul Hamilton said the same thing on WGR a bit ago and he was standing there with Ryan when the comments were made.

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:46 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
This tells me you didn't listen to the audio.

He wasn't whining. He wasn't crying. He was very matter of fact that Goose had skills that make a team better, and he didn't like to see that go.
Those mad skills. lol

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:49 PM
5 Minute Major

Miller and a host of others can thank themselves for the selling of Gaustad.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

He's a great player, I look forward to rooting him on in the playoffs! GO Preds!

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 06:57 PM
chadthestampede
The Humanoid Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
who cares. just stop the puck hippie
best post.

chadthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote