HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus Blue Jackets FAN Appreciation Thread

Old
03-01-2012, 11:38 AM
NWAvs

vCash: 500
I'll second this thread. Was coming to make a similar post. Good luck to you guys other than tonight ;x. Hope JJ works out for ya and i'll be rooting for you guys getting 1st pick.

But I was wondering, when the Avs were in free fall mode after being at least semi relevant it was hard to stick with players I knew wouldnt be around. So my question to you fans is; who is expected to be a long term meaningful player on CBJ right now?

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
You are kidding yourself. Businesses offer a product, in one case food, in the other case hockey entertainment. When the food is not up to customer standards the customer goes elsewhere and the restaurant fails. A sports franchise that puts a substandard product on the ice doesn't go through the same thing because of customers' blind allegiance, a phenomenon unique in the business world to sports franchises. Of course even a fan's allegiance will not go on indefinitely. But the word "fan" comes from the word "fanatic". And there are far more fanatics when it comes to sports teams than there are fanatics for a given restaurant. And it could be that no one knows this better than the Blue Jacket brain trust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
This is where I disagree. The dynamic is not nearly as simple as that. I'm arguing the metaphor is disingenuous. I'm not kidding myself, either.

and here you're acknowledging the point at the which the metaphor breaks down. Cheers.

And in other climes they use the word "supporter". Semantic diversion doesn't support your argument.
Can we not have one thread that doesn't turn into the same old crap that's in every other thread? We're supposed to be patting ourselves on the back here and damnit I fully intend to. *Pats back*

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvs View Post
But I was wondering, when the Avs were in free fall mode after being at least semi relevant it was hard to stick with players I knew wouldnt be around. So my question to you fans is; who is expected to be a long term meaningful player on CBJ right now?
Good question, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
Can we not have one thread that doesn't turn into the same old crap that's in every other thread? We're supposed to be patting ourselves on the back here and damnit I fully intend to. *Pats back*
Not same topic but let's leave that for another place and time.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:19 PM
bluejacket74

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip check View Post
Thank you. Its been a decade long car wreck in slow motion. Maybe someday it'll stop.

Edit: I also wanted to say that as a fan, I appreciate all of you CBJ fans. It hasn't been a glorious time. I don't know any of you personally, but I have much respect for you all.
I agree with this 100%. Although I don't post on here very often, I do enjoy coming on here and reading the posts of my fellow Jackets fans.

bluejacket74 is offline   Reply With Quote