Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OHL Cup.

Old
03-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Arsenault

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
So here's a question for someone in the know.

If US and Northern Ontario are able to basically construct all-star teams on the fly for this event, what prevents standard AAA teams in this tournament from supplementing their rosters to be able to compete with the Marlies and Rebels for example?

Doesn't seem to be a level playing field here.......
Great idea Crottenham, this would not only give the OHL a chance to see top players on marginal teams but also could end up putting together an OMHA/Alliance all start team that could really give the top G teams a run for their money.

Arsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
So here's a question for someone in the know.

If US and Northern Ontario are able to basically construct all-star teams on the fly for this event, what prevents standard AAA teams in this tournament from supplementing their rosters to be able to compete with the Marlies and Rebels for example?

Doesn't seem to be a level playing field here.......
Keep in mind this tournament is more for the scouts then the players. The only reason there is a need for an all star team of sorts, is to give the local regional scouts a view of some of the better top end US kids. Some of these guys have yet to see them play, while they have seen all the Ontario based teams multiple times. I

It's also an opportunity for the OHL to bring in top end US players and help sell them on their league.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post

Great idea Crottenham, this would not only give the OHL a chance to see top players on marginal teams but also could end up putting together an OMHA/Alliance all start team that could really give the top G teams a run for their money.
The tournament really isn't about giving anyone a run for anything, its an opportunity for the Scouts to get a final read on players on teams that they like.

As far as 'a chance to see', dont worry about exposure, regional scouts see every team in thier region 20-30 times, and usually teams from other regions 10-20 times. They dont need to see them, they already have.

Old
03-12-2012, 11:16 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Final schedule released:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...dule-announced

Tigers...I take it you attend this tourney...what are the ticket prices like usually? I'm coming down Friday morning..and Saturday as well. This is my 1st time taking in this tournament live...looking forward to it.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Final schedule released:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a...dule-announced

Tigers...I take it you attend this tourney...what are the ticket prices like usually? I'm coming down Friday morning..and Saturday as well. This is my 1st time taking in this tournament live...looking forward to it.
Day passes are $10 usually.

Old
03-12-2012, 11:31 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Thx...look me up. Just look for the Flyers jacket. I don't have say which Flyers jacket..trust me..you'll see me.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:39 AM
FrozenFloor
Pest

If I can figure out how to get there on TTC/public transit I'll be in attendance on Saturday.

FrozenFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
FrozenFloor
Pest

Hey Tigers, any players on the North York Rangers to look out for during the tournament? I'm going to try and attend and was wondering who to be looking out for besides the obvious.

Old
03-12-2012, 01:53 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Tiger will be at the door handing out tickets and stamping your hands, so make sure you say Hi to him. LOL+

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandandMouth Stuff View Post
Hey Tigers, any players on the North York Rangers to look out for during the tournament? I'm going to try and attend and was wondering who to be looking out for besides the obvious.
Mcleod is a very good player on that team.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
FrozenFloor
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Mcleod is a very good player on that team.
Thank you chewer, you're a great poster here in addition to Tigers . great insight hope to see some of you at HC.

Old
03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
If I can figure out how to get there on TTC/public transit I'll be in attendance on Saturday.
Take the subway to Islington station and then ask the Mississauga Transit bus drivers how to get to the Hershey Center. They take you right to the corner of Matheson & Rose Cherry Drive, I believe.

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Hopefully you can make it out. Its an awesome time had by all.

In addition to McLeod, look for Kris Bennet, Greg DiTomaso and Calvin Gomes. They are a real hard working team. Have a good opportunity to move forward this weekend.

Old
03-12-2012, 04:22 PM
FrozenFloor
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Take the subway to Islington station and then ask the Mississauga Transit bus drivers how to get to the Hershey Center. They take you right to the corner of Matheson & Rose Cherry Drive, I believe.
Quote:
Hopefully you can make it out. Its an awesome time had by all.

In addition to McLeod, look for Kris Bennet, Greg DiTomaso and Calvin Gomes. They are a real hard working team. Have a good opportunity to move forward this weekend.

Thanks you two I really appreciate the help. Hope to see you there, I'm not sure which day(s) I'm going out for but I'll definitely keep you posted.

Old
03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Garyboy

Quote:

Thanks you two I really appreciate the help. Hope to see you there, I'm not sure which day(s) I'm going out for but I'll definitely keep you posted.
You're welcome. The final is at Herb Carnegie (R.I.P) Arena. (Bathurst & Finch - which is about a 10 minute bus ride from Finch station).

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
FrozenFloor
Pest

Quote:
Rogers TV Broadcast Schedule:

Tuesday, March 13 9pm - Game 1 - County Panthers vs. Don Mills Flyers (LIVE)

Wednesday, March 14 9pm - Game 2 - Vaughan Kings vs. York-Simcoe Express

Thursday, March 15 9pm - Game 3 - Toronto Young Nationals vs. Huron-Perth Lakers

Friday, March 16 7:30pm - Game 4 - London Jr. Knights vs. Hamilton Jr. Bulldogs

Friday, March 16 9pm - Game 5 - Toronto Marlboros vs. Ottawa Valley Titans

Saturday, March 17 6pm - Game 6 - Semi-Final - Winner Quarter Final 1 Winner Quarter Final 2 (LIVE)

Saturday, March 17 8pm - Game 7 - Semi-Final - Winner Quarter Final 3 Winner Quarter Final 4 (LIVE)

Sunday, March 18 8pm - Championship Final - Herb Carnegie Arena
Rogers TV broadcast schedule for everyone.

Old
03-12-2012, 07:36 PM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

For those that don't know the Alliance well outside the London team. Huron-Perth should put together a respectable performance.

Watch out for #17 Jacob Middleton. I've been watching him play since last October. He is very likely the second best defenceman available for this draft behind Roland McKeown for the Toronto Marlboros. There have been moments where he has looked like the best. He has had a little struggle with consistency, but he's never seemed to have trouble getting up for big games, and every game here is big.

Also, #14 Garrett James. He has been flying under the radar forever. I really think he's one of the better players no one is talking about. Dangerous with the puck, but already has a frame that NHL scouts would be intrigued by at 6'2" - 185lb. He played for Canada at the Youth Olympic Games and did well. (Middleton btw is about 6'3" - 185lb.)

RyanHPscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe this is a question that Tigers can answer, but with the talk of adding players. I noticed Vaughan Kings have AJ D'Orazio listed on their roster. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he play for the Mississauga Senators this year? How did he wind up playing for Vaughan in the OHL Cup?

Old
03-12-2012, 07:48 PM
defensehockey19

Is their anyway to watch the games if you don't have rogers TV? Online streams maybe? Cheers.

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:12 PM
defensehockey19

Is their anyway to watch the games if you don't have rogers TV? Online streams maybe? Cheers.

Old
03-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHPscout View Post
Maybe this is a question that Tigers can answer, but with the talk of adding players. I noticed Vaughan Kings have AJ D'Orazio listed on their roster. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he play for the Mississauga Senators this year? How did he wind up playing for Vaughan in the OHL Cup?
He transfered to Vaughan in November. He did start the year with the Senators.

Old
03-12-2012, 09:12 PM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He transfered to Vaughan in November. He did start the year with the Senators.
Perfect, thanks. I guess he was more noticeable on the Sens team, I've seen Vaughan a few times since and didn't see him. Although maybe he was out of the line-up at the time.

Old
03-13-2012, 09:44 AM
FrozenFloor
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
The fact that it is on TV means that there is a possibility of a stream. I would definitely keep your eyes out and ask closer to the start of game time and if there is one hopefully somebody PM's it you. If I knew how to stream from my TV to cpu I would do it for you all.

Old
03-13-2012, 11:49 AM
defensehockey19

Says the game tonight is on the OHL action pack, could anybody tell me what channel(s) will be covering these games and if it is free or not.

Old
03-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Crottenham

My upset of the night tonight is Hamilton over Vaughan.

The Kings have been off for a while, and with Hamilton's current stellar goaltending and team play I see the Bulldogs winning in a close one!

Crottenham is offline   Reply With Quote