HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why do you want to trade Derek Roy?

Old
02-29-2012, 03:38 AM
Kyndig86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Used to dive?
He still does it plenty but no one buys it.
Well if you wanna get technical about 99% of the NHL dives. You may say BS if you want but I HIGHLY doubt that me, my family and friends skating around like a bunch of noobs putting the stick in the hole of a skate and lifting it off the ice so you're literally on one foot or purposely trying to trip each other though it hardly does anything...Yet the tiniest of tiny nudges in the NHL and the big bad professional athlete goes down...shocking.

One thing that I know for a fact DOES trip you up is stepping ONTO the puck/blade itself...other than that I see a lot of diving in the NHL. I think one of the things they teach you is how to cheat/dive "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin" or so they say..which honestly I despise so much

Either way you don't see blatant acting from him anymore and I've seen the refs refuse to call crap just cuz its Roy this year even though it should have been a penalty...much like they call penalties on Kaleta for random reasons cuz he headbutt some guy like a tard.

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Luceni

I just move Roy if we could get an upgrade in a package for him. Roy, Armia + for Getzlaf.

If we get our franchise center out of the draft then you can say we're pretty much set in the middle and there is no room for him any more. Then I'd try to move him in a package for Brown.

With Galenchyuk, Ennis, Hodgson, Adam, Foligno and Cantenacci we're pretty much set for the next 5 years. It's time to add grit ( but again, only if we get our franchise center out of the draft)

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:54 AM
FoSotC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
With Galenchyuk, Ennis, Hodgson, Adam, Foligno and Cantenacci we're pretty much set for the next 5 years. It's time to add grit ( but again, only if we get our franchise center out of the draft)
Ennis and Foligno are both more winger than center. Adam may even be moved to the wing depending on how he develops. That leaves Hodgson, Catenacci, and maybe Galchenyuk, if we can manage to steal him in the draft. We still have more work to do to address our center depth, but I agree that grit shouldn't be ignored.

FoSotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:00 AM
HiddenInLight

Would only trade him for an upgrade in a guy like Getzlarf. Otherwise, he's fine....even on an off year he's not performing THAT much below his contract....dudes underpaid and doesn't say a word about it. He seems comitted to this team by what he says....people are just too nittpicky and make up ideas with little to no evidence of truth about them. Such as "he's like _____ in the locker room" or "His personality is...." when they don't really know.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

core change

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:00 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
It's all about culture change in Buffalo. He's been a key piece on a team that hasn't won a playoff round since 2007. Buffalo needs to be a team that can handle checking better, and frankly, they aren't. I don't think he'd be as big of an issue of we had that true #1 center with size and he could quietly produce in the #2 slot.

With his UFA status coming up in 2013 and an owner itching to win a cup, he will probably be dealt this summer to address our need for more size in the top 6 and that big #1 center.

The idea that he's a locker room cancer is probably overblown. He does seem a little selfish/party boy attitude, however, I suspect in a more veteran locker room he'd fall in line and be a good solider. I'm not opposed to keeping him around next year, but, my guess is if we go after a big center, he is going to be a part of any deal. If not for anything else other than cap reasons.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Clock

Because he could potentially be used to pull back that legitimate 1C that we've all been waiting for, the aforementioned individualistic play, and for the sake of continuing to dismantle the old Rochester core.

My heart won't be broken if Roy is still around next year, though. If he's moved, it should either be to pull back a superior NHL-ready center or to move up in the draft.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig86 View Post
But yeah I don't want to trade Roy. Most posters just dislike him for what type of person they "VIEW" him to be, he also USED to be a diver and Sabre fans have never really got over that.
I'm assuming you were busy Saturday night and missed the Rangers game?

1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Luceni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
core change
/ thread....

.... because he has solid trade value and could get us someone good in a package.

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:32 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
I'd trade Vanek first. That's the guy with the rubs me the wrong way. Plus I think that Roy is due for a bounce back season. I don't know how many of you have suffered an injury like he did, but it takes a lot longer to get back to 100% then it takes you to get back to action. Yeah, youre cleared to play, but you don't have that spring in your step that you used to have. That comes back in time, and it's especially critical to a player with Roy's skill set. I think he's been unfairly criticized this season.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I'd trade Vanek first. That's the guy with the rubs me the wrong way. Plus I think that Roy is due for a bounce back season. I don't know how many of you have suffered an injury like he did, but it takes a lot longer to get back to 100% then it takes you to get back to action. Yeah, youre cleared to play, but you don't have that spring in your step that you used to have. That comes back in time, and it's especially critical to a player with Roy's skill set. I think he's been unfairly criticized this season.
Roy himself has stated he doesn't have any issues with his quad. If he's lying about it and it is still hurting his game, then I don't see it ever being 100% if it isn't healed at this point. It's been over a year since it happened.

Either way, he's missing more in his game than just a spring in his step.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:53 AM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Core culture change. The only forward I'm dead set on keeping from that core going forward is Pommers. Would like to see Vanek stay with the team, but would be okay if we got a great return for him.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:54 AM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Because he is a cancer in the locker room.
Has this actually been proven?

For me, I'd like him to put forth an honest effort. It seems when he's not producing he just doesn't care.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:54 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Roy himself has stated he doesn't have any issues with his quad. If he's lying about it and it is still hurting his game, then I don't see it ever being 100% if it isn't healed at this point. It's been over a year since it happened.

It's actual his shoulder thats bothered him this year not his quad. He hurt it in camp and reinjured it a few times during the season.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:00 AM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Has this actually been proven?

For me, I'd like him to put forth an honest effort. It seems when he's not producing he just doesn't care.
I'm not ready to proclaim him as a locker room cancer, but I think proof that the core in general needs to be dissolved is pretty evident. At the start of this season there were a lot of us who felt that this core was being given their best chance to go out and prove their worth, and they've gone and done it, and their worth is not much.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:05 AM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
I'm not ready to proclaim him as a locker room cancer, but I think proof that the core in general needs to be dissolved is pretty evident. At the start of this season there were a lot of us who felt that this core was being given their best chance to go out and prove their worth, and they've gone and done it, and their worth is not much.
I'm fine with dissolving the core, I was just curious why the prevalent idea was Derek Roy being a locker room cancer other than Conolly busting Derek in the eye at that catwalk event and Derek supposedly doing stupid **** at bars downtown.

That...and Bulldog has it out for Roy and probably delights in reporting these rumors to push his agenda.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Dubi Doo

Because we need to get bigger down the middle. That sounded naughty.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
rumors sir rumors. Or do you need to hear about Mr. Nightlife Roy? When a player cares more about going out than his play on ice then there is a problem... simple as that.
Wow, what is this high school.

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:13 AM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
Core culture change. The only forward I'm dead set on keeping from that core going forward is Pommers. Would like to see Vanek stay with the team, but would be okay if we got a great return for him.
This,

My new model for success

Vanek, Roy, NSH 1st for Kopitar and Brown

Conditional Pick (Cgy 2nd if he signs, 7th round if he doesnt) for Parise

Leopold and a conditional Buf 2nd if he signs for Suter

Parise-Kopitar-Brown
Ennis-Hodgson-Pominville
Gerbe-Leino-Stafford
Foligno-Konopka-Kaleta
McCormick/Ellis

Suter-Myers
Sekera-Ehrhoff
Weber-Regehr
Sulzer

Miller
Enroth

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
This,

My new model for success

Conditional Pick (Cgy 2nd if he signs, 7th round if he doesnt) for Parise

Leopold and a conditional Buf 2nd if he signs for Suter

Parise-Kopitar-Brown
Ennis-Hodgson-Pominville
Gerbe-Leino-Stafford
Foligno-Konopka-Kaleta
McCormick/Ellis

Suter-Myers
Sekera-Ehrhoff
Weber-Regehr
Sulzer

Miller
Enroth
We don't need no stining salary cap

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

I don't want him traded.

Because then I wouldn't have any relevant jerseys.

Penalty Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
FoSotC

Quote:
Did you forget to mention some more pieces coming from our side on this one? I really don't think the Kings accept that package, considering what they're giving up.

FoSotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:29 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post

Maybe he doesn't want to make excuses? And I can tell you, it can take over a year to fully recover from that type of injury, especially at that level of competition.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:31 AM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoSotC View Post
Did you forget to mention some more pieces coming from our side on this one? I really don't think the Kings accept that package, considering what they're giving up.
make it our first and we keep nashvilles 1st and I would still do it

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:35 AM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
make it our first and we keep nashvilles 1st and I would still do it
I don't think they do, however. Would love to get Kopitar though.