HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

PO's 2011-2012

Old
03-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Latgale_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
P.S. You still want Holt out?
But can he be consistently good? That's the question. Cause he hasn't been this season, all season long. What good is today's performance if in the next game he allows 3 stupid goals and we lose and in the 4th game he plays well again but Torpedo scores their penalty shot in the OT?

We won't score many goals in play-off with one good line and we therefore need to allow a small amount of goals too....

LOKOMOTIV massacred us last year cause of our goalies... Well, not only but that was te biggest difference.

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
But can he be consistently good? That's the question. Cause he hasn't been this season, all season long. What good is today's performance if in the next game he allows 3 stupid goals and we lose and in the 4th game he plays well again but Torpedo scores their penalty shot in the OT?

We won't score many goals in play-off with one good line and we therefore need to allow a small amount of goals too....

LOKOMOTIV massacred us last year cause of our goalies... Well, not only but that was te biggest difference.
Of course, Edzha would've been a better play-off starter, but we have to find ways to win with the ones we have. Holt isn't that bad, plus he can grow as a goalie.

And that penalty shot was called out of nowhere. No way do you call a PS on such play in the play-offs, especially in OT.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:50 PM
perklunt
qwerty

Quote:
P.S. You still want Holt out?
And u think one single game is reason to keep him? I dont think soooo

perklunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklunt View Post
And u think one single game is reason to keep him? I dont think soooo
He played fine last year vs Znarok as well (our all-time goalie leader in minutes he kept the door shut in the play-offs). Vs Loko our whole team collapsed.

Old
03-01-2012, 02:53 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Wow, this game was really unwatchable, but least we saw that there's something at stake today. Today I want to release Nizivijs - he's done, just like Ozo. To slow, too soft, too predictable. He's a real offensive black hole currently.

Podzins looked a bit better than lately, though I'd still prefer Bicevskis in his place.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Wow, this game was really unwatchable, but least we saw that there's something at stake today. Today I want to release Nizivijs - he's done, just like Ozo. To slow, too soft, too predictable. He's a real offensive black hole currently.

Podzins looked a bit better than lately, though I'd still prefer Bicevskis in his place.
Unwatchable? Really? Maybe it's how they film it in Nizhny but I'd say it was one of the most interesting games of Dinamo Riga this season, maybe not in terms of beauty but you could feel the tension coming out of the ice- every hit, every rush, every shift... it really felt like a play-off game and there were some astonishing saves by Koval and Holt too... and at the end, with missed PS and the winning goal by so-called "Riga rocket" Rēdlihs

I also loved the announcers. The old guy, Anatolijs, hockey encyclopedia was away to call biathlon or whatever and the young guys were just screaming and shouting all the time, really pumping up the viewers. I've never been against Kreipāns but really I don't think that the fact that he knows (and can share with us) what happened in Soviet 2nd leage in 1965 is good for play-off hockey

Today's highlights- RADU winning the game for SYU all by himself (didn't even need to score a single goal, just 3 nice passes) and Anisin's 2 goals (and 1 disallowed on EN) for Moscow on his birthday

Old
03-01-2012, 06:33 PM
ozo

Quote:
Unwatchable? Really? Maybe it's how they film it in Nizhny but I'd say it was one of the most interesting games of Dinamo Riga this season, maybe not in terms of beauty but you could feel the tension coming out of the ice- every hit, every rush, every shift... it really felt like a play-off game and there were some astonishing saves by Koval and Holt too... and at the end, with missed PS and the winning goal by so-called "Riga rocket" Rēdlihs

I also loved the announcers. The old guy, Anatolijs, hockey encyclopedia was away to call biathlon or whatever and the young guys were just screaming and shouting all the time, really pumping up the viewers. I've never been against Kreipāns but really I don't think that the fact that he knows (and can share with us) what happened in Soviet 2nd leage in 1965 is good for play-off hockey

Today's highlights- RADU winning the game for SYU all by himself (didn't even need to score a single goal, just 3 nice passes) and Anisin's 2 goals (and 1 disallowed on EN) for Moscow on his birthday
I agree with every word you wrote.

SC just broke the news that the season of Fredrik Warg is over due to back injury. Shame he'd be useful in playoffs, though I kinda hope he's shown the door in summer (yeap, I'm saying it again). Before this season I thought Mike Iggulden is the most average player I've ever seen in Dinamo shirt, well, how wrong was I? Warg is so average it hurts and I sort of mean these words as a compliment to the guy. He's average on PP, average on PK, average on the dot, has average hands and average finishing. You can plug any hole your roster needs on particular day and he'll do the job, but that's it, nothing more. Unfortunately he wasn't what we expected from a foreigner with such an impressive CV in Sweden.

Old
03-02-2012, 06:45 AM
perklunt
qwerty

Lol look at this, two redirections )

perklunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:14 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
good job Riga, I wish those untermenschen wearing my team's unis had a fighting spirit like you guys do. I predict upset over NN.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Unfortunately he wasn't what we expected from a foreigner with such an impressive CV in Sweden.
I didn't expect much from Warg, to be honest. Yeah, probably i hoped he'd be more like Surovy but he's never really been one of the best scorers in Sweden. He's been team captain and decent scorer, had worked hard for the team but nothing more... workhorse. And he didn't cost the team much, I was more dsappointed with Melin and NHL draft 1st rounder Lundmark

Old
03-02-2012, 08:41 AM
jaco

Vrana hasn't played for Amur yesterday and isn't playing today. Is he injured?

jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:52 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
Vrana hasn't played for Amur yesterday and isn't playing today. Is he injured?
yes, he is. Maybe wont play this season anymore

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:14 AM
kunabai

there are reports that platt fought with znarok on his way to the locker room after the practice just before the second game of the series in moscow and it could be even more serious if only security wasn't there and they were who separated them and prevented from continuation of the brawl
during the game, geoff tried to agitate and provocated moscow players numerous times

rivalry is heating up and tomorrow will be the decisive game (as many think) of the series at Bobruisk Arena while Minsk Arena is 90% empty during junior figure skating wc

kunabai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:42 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunabai View Post
rivalry is heating up and tomorrow will be the decisive game (as many think) of the series at Bobruisk Arena while Minsk Arena is 90% empty during junior figure skating wc
lol thats mickey mouse, I'm surprised fans didn't protest.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunabai View Post
Why couldn't they send junior figure skating to Bobruisk? Of course I know that it was supposed to take place in Minsk but there should be smaller and more compact arenas in Minsk, I don't think thousands of spectators go to junior figure skating anyway

Old
03-02-2012, 12:36 PM
kunabai

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
lol thats mickey mouse, I'm surprised fans didn't protest.
they did and they do though there is no any sense now
there were numerous petitions and many other things like letters to the hockey federation, to the skating federation but nothing worked out.
it's a little bit more complicated there because all our arenas are owned by state\government
director of the arena, ananyev, is the head of belarusian skating federation. there are many things can be said about him by our fans and there will be no any good word he is old soviet guy who don't let club to do anything at the arena without his permission, so he really prevents the club from making more money. for example arena don't allow club to sell food to the fans, all cafes are owned by arena (you can read it like "ananyev and co" ) and their service horrible and pretty expensive by the belarusian standarts and many more other little things
it's a broad theme to talk, we have sell-out crowd every other hockey night, we have great atmosphere, and many other good things and we want to do all even better there, so does the club, but some people just don't let them do it in conservative soviet fashion.
if you're interested i can tell you about all of these more - because except some really minor issues, which is caused only by external factors, i think they're doing their job really good (our marketing, pr, and other club stuff) and we are among league leaders with riga, mytischi and piter in raising the khl level

kunabai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:13 PM
jaco

First ever win of Barys in a KHL play-off match....But I doubt they can make it to the semi's

Old
03-02-2012, 03:20 PM
ozo

Quote:
But I doubt they can make it to the semi's
I don't. Mmg signed Sushinsky so they are naturally doomed.

Old
03-02-2012, 03:31 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Mmg signed Sushinsky so they are naturally doomed.
yeah, he is a reason of SKA failure

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
First ever win of Barys in a KHL play-off match....But I doubt they can make it to the semi's
I think Yugra-Traktor and Magnitogorsk- Barys series are still open. Last year Yugra played great play-offs too but the problem was Biryukov who wasn't ready for play-offs. This year it seems he's matured as a play-off goalie and as mush as Latvian fans wouldn't like it, it's doubtful Masalskis will have a chance if Biryukov plays as he does at the moment. Traktor doesn't have Kuznetsov and it's, IMHO, is a big factor + they are new in this position of leader and already accomplished many good things like Continent Cup and leaders of East, so they might get some of it into their heads..

Magnitogorsk problem really is Sushinsky Maybe not Sushinsky in general but the connotations that Sushinsky brings (as we remember from SKA times) as an old veteran who simply doesn't want to fight anymore are strong... Mozyakin also wasn't as good this year as he was before. Barys are hungry for play-off success and they've tasted their first blood tonight...

Avangard and Amur... I think Amur will fight but Omsk has all the will they need, today a fantastic game, Amur wanted to win so bad but Omsk came and managed to break them 3 times scoring 1 on 1 late in the third and going 2-0 in the series. They can give fight and win one game at home, maybe one again in Omsk, but 2-4 is all they can probably do.

AK Bars- Ufa. It's still open but as much as it saddens me, it seems like Ufa is the better team here and if Radulov plays like in the first game (and the whole team) they should win as they are simply better. But I hope AK Bars win.

Old
03-02-2012, 03:55 PM
ozo

Quote:

Magnitogorsk problem really is Sushinsky Maybe not Sushinsky in general but the connotations that Sushinsky brings (as we remember from SKA times) as an old veteran who simply doesn't want to fight anymore are strong...
Indeed, I was disappointed that Salavat understood that so soon.

Poor, poor Fedorov... I still remember from last playoffs how he was shouting at Kvasha for a girly forecheck, I can't imagine how he feels when he sees Sushinsky "in playoff action".

Maybe we can loan them Ozolins and Nizivijs for next season, they are highely skilled big name veterans too. You can't go wrong with them, right?

Old
03-02-2012, 05:05 PM
jaco

Quote:
Amur wanted to win so bad but Omsk came and managed to break them 3 times scoring 1 on 1 late in the third
Yep, I was watching the game and I had the feeling that this 4-3 late in the third broke Amur's neck....Let's hope for the games at home, since my bet was 4-2

By the way... you latvians seem to be a bunch of nasty boys ... Poor old Maxim...

Old
03-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
By the way... you latvians seem to be a bunch of nasty boys ... Poor old Maxim...
Nobody denies that he was a great player. Now it seems like ''was'' is the best way to put it as 28 pts in 49 games this season is not his usual stats. People said that they underestimated him in SYU but in Magnitogorsk he hasn't done much better. Also we thought he'll be a big threat when we played in play-off vs SKA two years ago but he didn't look like play-off player.

Old
03-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Avangard looks like a true contender, best team in the East currently. And some people laughed when Omsk invited Summanen once again.

Traktor, in my opinion, has an upper hand over Yugra even though they miss Kuznetsov. Belousov is a major part of that, he's a great play-off coach. He also has Antipov to deliver the message to the team. If Garnett continues to struggle in Game 3, they can give a chance to Proskuryakov.

To me it seems that Magnitka-Barys (MMg made a big mistake when they gave up their home ice advantage) and Ak Bars-Salavat might happen to be the longest Eastern series.

EDIT: CSKA-SKA 2:2 after 60.

Old
03-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:

EDIT: CSKA-SKA 2:2 after 60.
CSKA win 3:2 in OT though I still think SKA today underestimated them and tomorrow there will be no surprises. But how cool would it be if CSKA managed to get another narrow win tomorrow