HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tony asks... would you do Komisarek for Kaberle?

View Poll Results: Would you trade Komisarek for Kaberle?
Yes 37 33.33%
No 74 66.67%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-29-2012, 10:53 AM
  #26
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Kaberle is not only astronomically better offensively, he is also better defensively.

No contest here.
This. Blows my mind how people are even asking this question.

Then again, it is Tony.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
  #27
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Leaf fan here. With Liles, Phaneuf, Gardiner we already have 3 primary PMD.

It just wouldn't make sense. And I love Kaberle too.

How is Kaberle doing in Montreal btw?

Like Steve Guttenberg trying to get an a-list role

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:58 AM
  #28
babyhabs23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
On TSN 990 on Monday, Marinaro was asking callers if they'd trade Komisarek for Kaberle, one for one, this summer?

After thinking about it a little, I think I would. It'd be tough to stop hating Komisarek, but it's been even tougher to start liking Kaberle

Anyway, who would do it? Who wouldn't? Reasons?
I wouldn't do it!! Komisarek was overrated when he was with the Habs! His time with habs has expired!
Kaberle isn't much to talk about but moves the puck ok on the pp. Do I want him.....no! But out of the 2 I'd keep Kaberle until off season and hope to dump him to another team in a package deal!

babyhabs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:00 AM
  #29
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,298
vCash: 500
I would NOT because Komisarek is an idiot and he left Montreal for less money for STUPID reasons and let his emotions make a decision for him.

He would of been the next captain in Montreal if he had stayed!

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:00 AM
  #30
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,898
vCash: 500
Komi is nowhere near Kaberle's offensive capabilities. He can't shoot, pass, move up the puck. They might be on par in terms of skating, but I think Komi might even be worse, which says a lot. Defensively, Komi is also worse.
Komi only brings the ''aggressive, physical'' edge over Kaberle, which really isn't all that great anymore.

Most importantly though, he left Montreal to go sign in Toronto, he had the opportunity of becoming the next Captain of the most storied franchise in the NHL but chose to sign with the enemy where he now is a healthy scratch more often than not. Karma.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
  #31
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Can someone please tell me how Kaberle has no value when a guy like Zidlicky can get such a return, Zidlikey is just as bad as Kaberle defensively but has stopped putting up points. Even with the extra year Kaberle>Zidlicky

I actually called the team 990 and brought our Zidlicky and Tony talked about how Kaberle uses a short hockey stick....
The "More horrible player" poll that was slated to contain just Komi and Kabs now contains Zids as well.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
  #32
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Leaf fan here. With Liles, Phaneuf, Gardiner we already have 3 primary PMD.

It just wouldn't make sense. And I love Kaberle too.

How is Kaberle doing in Montreal btw?
The haters here will all tell you he's a pile of ****, but he's actually doing a decent job. He's one of the best offensive zone defensemen/passers I've ever seen, yet he never gets enough credit for his vision. He's a creative and crafty player, even if it hasn't translated to the revival of our PP (it's got bigger problems, more than just one player can solve). I do expect him to be a vital component of our beefed-up PP once Markov returns next season (), though.

Defensively, he's been good positionally, but he has trouble tracking players and lacks some tenacity when it comes to clearing the net. He's turned the puck over a lot more recently, but I'm willing to write off his (at best) below-average defence if he can contribute at a 40-50 point pace for the remainder of his contract. He gets a bad rap because he looks nonchalant out there.

I, for one, would like to see Campoli benched and Kaberle moved up to the first pairing for the rest of the season. It would give us a good indication of what he has left in the tank, and if he can handle an increased role next season (plus, at worst, if he stinks up the joint, the tank wagon will be happy).

I'd ride Kaberle for the rest of the year instead of dressing garbage like Campoli just to see what's left of our 2-year investment (assuming he's not moved).

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
  #33
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
The "More horrible player" poll that was slated to contain just Komi and Kabs now contains Zids as well.
And when Zidlicky finishes being worst than Kaberle..

WHO THE HELL CAN PEOPLE SAY KABERLE IS WORTHLESS AFTER THE ZIDLICKY TRADE!?
Even with the extra year and 250K, Kaberle> Zids

sorry...

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:09 AM
  #34
Chris G
Registered User
 
Chris G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
We are talking about a defenseman here... not a forward. Kaberle is a pylon and a very, very soft pylon.
He's being compared to Slomosarek; in which unarguably Kaberle is more offensively talented...and is as big of a liability/pylon/***** as Komisarek (ie:LUCIC lol)

get your **** together

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:11 AM
  #35
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
I would. Played his best hockey with Markov. Hes an Element that we need on defense if he can even become half of what he was. No brainer for me.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
  #36
Eb
TML
 
Eb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,192
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
The haters here will all tell you he's a pile of ****, but he's actually doing a decent job. He's one of the best offensive zone defensemen/passers I've ever seen, yet he never gets enough credit for his vision. He's a creative and crafty player, even if it hasn't translated to the revival of our PP (it's got bigger problems, more than just one player can solve). I do expect him to be a vital component of our beefed-up PP once Markov returns next season (), though.

Defensively, he's been good positionally, but he has trouble tracking players and lacks some tenacity when it comes to clearing the net. He's turned the puck over a lot more recently, but I'm willing to write off his (at best) below-average defence if he can contribute at a 40-50 point pace for the remainder of his contract. He gets a bad rap because he looks nonchalant out there.

I, for one, would like to see Campoli benched and Kaberle moved up to the first pairing for the rest of the season. It would give us a good indication of what he has left in the tank, and if he can handle an increased role next season (plus, at worst, if he stinks up the joint, the tank wagon will be happy).

I'd ride Kaberle for the rest of the year instead of dressing garbage like Campoli just to see what's left of our 2-year investment (assuming he's not moved).
Good to know, thanks.

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:22 AM
  #37
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
I would. Played his best hockey with Markov. Hes an Element that we need on defense if he can even become half of what he was. No brainer for me.
And Markov isn't healthy. And the element we need it now Emelin, there is no need for Komisarek the guy is a terrible hockey player

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:29 AM
  #38
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,624
vCash: 500
Komisarek would struggle in the Quebec Senior League. Horrible skater, terrible decision-making, zero confidence and he doesn't intimidate anyone anymore. I used to hate his 5 or 6 icings per game. Glad he's doing it in Toronto the odd time he dresses.

Kaberle at least has SOME useful aspects to his game.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:30 AM
  #39
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
And when Zidlicky finishes being worst than Kaberle..

WHO THE HELL CAN PEOPLE SAY KABERLE IS WORTHLESS AFTER THE ZIDLICKY TRADE!?
Even with the extra year and 250K, Kaberle> Zids

sorry...
But Zidlicky now has 1 vote (out of 4 btw) in that "More horrible player" poll while Kaberle doesn't have any.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:31 AM
  #40
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
Screw off, Tony. No not after free agency and that gross contract.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:32 AM
  #41
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,941
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1122569

Here's the "More horrible player" poll with Kaberle, Komisarek and Zidlicky.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:44 AM
  #42
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,785
vCash: 500
Kaberle has been terrible in the crunch area of the rink. He has been decent in the offensive part of thing but nothing to brag home about.
I say with a team that has good experience coaching and proven vets, Kaberle may once again regain a top 4 status.
Having said this, Komisarek has sold himself out of Montreal and has mention, bigger cap hit and zero offence....NO THANK YOU!

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:53 AM
  #43
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,788
vCash: 1347
I'd rather have "refusal-to-shoot" Kaberle than Komisarek who always finds a way to shoot directly on the guy standing in front of him.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:54 AM
  #44
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post



Just to fight back;





My answer, in short.....

No.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
  #45
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,750
vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Carolina got a second round pick for him.
Don't think TO's been shopping Komo but it would be interesting to see his return.
Maybe I'm confused but when did Carolina get a second round pick for kaberle?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:12 PM
  #46
Adamcrazy3
Registered User
 
Adamcrazy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fes, Morocco
Country: Morocco
Posts: 484
vCash: 500
Komisarek is a traitor and he sucks (healthy scratch on a crappy Toronto team LOL). For the time being, I'll keep Kaberle.

Adamcrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:17 PM
  #47
Sawyer
Wheeeee
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Maybe I'm confused but when did Carolina get a second round pick for kaberle?
Haha, you're not confused.
They got Spacek, surprised it took this long for someone to notice.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:18 PM
  #48
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
And Markov isn't healthy. And the element we need it now Emelin, there is no need for Komisarek the guy is a terrible hockey player
Disagree. I don't think Emelin can clear the crease like Komi did. Sure he lays out big hits but so far he hasn't done the job that great infront of the net yet. And obviously I know Markov is not healthy yet. But its something I would do in the offseason. I still think he would work well with Markov. Thats just me though.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
  #49
phoque taupe
Registered User
 
phoque taupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 862
vCash: 500
i wouldnt mind Komi with (healthy) Markov next season :p

Markov-Komi
Subban-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz


Yes, the healty part change everything

We need to sign a solid UFA on D

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
  #50
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Disagree. I don't think Emelin can clear the crease like Komi did. Sure he lays out big hits but so far he hasn't done the job that great infront of the net yet. And obviously I know Markov is not healthy yet. But its something I would do in the offseason. I still think he would work well with Markov. Thats just me though.
Crease clearing, and being comfortable doing it, comes with experience in the league - I'm sure emelin will improve. I miss Komi but he doesn't want to be here, and he's not that good anyway so can we stop making Tony Marinara threads?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.