HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2012-13 early USA WJC Roster ....why not???

Old
12-31-2011, 12:30 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
2012-13 early USA WJC Roster ....why not???

why not I guess.... it helps to move on quickly from this mess!

team could be extremely gifted as usual, plenty of big bodies to sprinkle around, with some highend talent at all positions. nice CHL balance as well. I am sure my team will look nothing like the actual team, but hey if it helps me sleep at night right??

Coaches

Mike Vellucci
Kevin Constatine

Defense

Seth Jones
Connor Murphy - A -
Andy Welinski
Jacob Trouba
Brian Cooper
Dylan Blujus
Jordan Schmaltz
Nick Ebert - will bounce back

Offense

Alex Galchenyuk
J.T Miller - C -
Rocco Grimaldi - A -
Vincent Trocheck
Stefan Noesen
Shane McColgan
Nick Shore
Mario Lucia
Henrik Samuelsson
Tyler Biggs
Colin Jacobs
Joseph LaBate
Nick Kerdiles
Reid Boucher

Goalies

John Gibson
Matt Mahalak

I did this list fast, so I am sure there are some players I forgot, just want to put this year past me already and look forward to a more balanced team overall! Listed 8 dmen and 14 forwards obviously one too many at each spot, but couldnt decide who I wanted out for each spot.

Last edited by AmericanDream: 12-31-2011 at 01:14 PM.
AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Michael Houser
I believe Houser will be too old.
I would add Matt Mahalik from Plymouth (Vellucci's goalie)

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 01:17 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Team USA could be extremely gifted as usual, with some HIGHend talent at ALL positions.
Oh no... It's starting ALREADY!!!!

Modesty gentlemen. Modesty. Like your Canadian cousins.

I reread the post looking for the phrase "Gold or Bust". Thank God I did not find it.

I joke. I joke. I joke.

Last edited by OttawaRoughRiderFan: 12-31-2011 at 02:37 PM.
OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Minister of Offence

Is Stefan Noesen actually gonna make this team?

Or is he gonna get Knighted...Or Princed.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 01:21 PM
wings5

Here's what I had but I had too many right handers on defence :

Galchenyuk-Grimaldi-McColgan
Boucher-Miller-Noesen
Gaudreau-Jacobs-Biggs
Samuelsson-Trocheck-Kerdiles
Lucia

Trouba-Jones
Russo-Murphy
Schmaltz-Ebert
Welinski

Gibson
Mahalak

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 03:35 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Oh no... It's starting ALREADY!!!!

Modesty gentlemen. Modesty. Like your Canadian cousins.

I reread the post looking for the phrase "Gold or Bust". Thank God I did not find it.

I joke. I joke. I joke.

I am not sure what is more rare, a modest Canadian, or a sighting of Bigfoot....

are you saying that the US teams over the past few years havent had very talented players on it?

we do not lose because of a lack of talent, we lose because of numerous other reasons and that is the sad fact. this year we lost because of 1,065 different reasons, but usually it falls under bad goaltending or bad coaching.

on paper we should have 6 Gold medals in the past 10 years, but the game isnt played on paper. this group could have some of the more dynamic players that we have had in some time. Seth Jones is a player that only comes around every few years for us. and Alex Galchenyuk would be the top offensive talent that we have had since Pat Kane.

Saying we have talented players isnt being unmodest, it is saying the truth. we always have talented players, but we just find ways to lose and choke.....big difference between setting our hopes up high because we know on talent alone we are a top 3 team, but when it comes to being a team and playing the games; say a prayer and cross your fingers.

Old
12-31-2011, 03:45 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
I am not sure what is more rare, a modest Canadian, or a sighting of Bigfoot....
Haha around here I think we all know the answer.

12-31-2011, 03:46 PM
BLBarmada

Sweden and Russia on paper should have more then they do.

6 gold's is an exaggeration.

The only time I remember is 2006 when you guys were favored.

2009 was Sweden, though our media didn't want to admit it. I knew it, on paper they were loaded.
2008 we were loaded
2007 we were loaded

We have a great team on paper, so I don't see how you guys on papaer have 6 gold medal teams.

Medal contending teams yes, but gold no.

And it looks solid, but this years looks better.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
I am not sure what is more rare, a modest Canadian, or a sighting of Bigfoot.....
LOL!

Quote:
are you saying that the US teams over the past few years havent had very talented players on it?.....
I am saying you guys are good but you are not Canada in terms of quality or quantity.

Quote:
on paper we should have 6 Gold medals in the past 10 years.
That is not accurate.

Old
12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Darth Bangkok

I'm not falling for all the "high-end talent", "gifted" "physical" etc etc talk anymore. If someone can coherently explain why, then fine, but I'm not falling for the hype and "patriotic" chest-thumping again. US is on par with Czech, Switz, etc, they might medal or they might not until they prove otherwise.

Darth Bangkok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 03:54 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
Sweden and Russia on paper should have more then they do.

6 gold's is an exaggeration.

The only time I remember is 2006 when you guys were favored.

2009 was Sweden, though our media didn't want to admit it. I knew it, on paper they were loaded.
2008 we were loaded
2007 we were loaded

We have a great team on paper, so I don't see how you guys on papaer have 6 gold medal teams.

Medal contending teams yes, but gold no.

And it looks solid, but this years looks better.
I was hoping people knew the 6 Golds comment was an exaggeration, but off the top of my head I can think of at least 3 times we should have probably won the Gold medal...

every year the US has enough talent to medal, no matter the color, that is the main point. we just continually find ways to have epic fails time and time again.

talent isnt the issue for the US, the intangibles and building a winning tradition and belief system seem to be.

Old
12-31-2011, 03:58 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
I was hoping people knew the 6 Golds comment was an exaggeration, but off the top of my head I can think of at least 3 times we should have probably won the Gold medal... every year the US has enough talent to medal, no matter the color, that is the main point. we just continually find ways to have epic fails time and time again. talent isnt the issue for the US, the intangibles and building a winning tradition and belief system seem to be.
I agree AD. I am just saying a little humility after this year would go a long way.

Here is how I would have written the opening post...

Why not I guess.... it helps to move on quickly from this mess!

Team USA 2013 will be gifted with plenty of big bodies to sprinkle around and hopefully enough highend talent to help us compete for a medal. I also feel a nice CHL balance is very important. The Canadians could be scary good so it might be best NOT to shoot for Gold. Bronze is a nice colour.

Now THAT is the Canadian way.

P.S. VERY important to spell colour with a "u".

Last edited by OttawaRoughRiderFan: 12-31-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old
12-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I believe Houser will be too old.
I would add Matt Mahalik from Plymouth (Vellucci's goalie)
I neglected to add on defence Max Iafrate, he`s shown incredible improvement and discipline.

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 04:00 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

You are a good guy AmericanDream but it is way too easy to get under your skin.

Last edited by OttawaRoughRiderFan: 12-31-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old
12-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Tyler Biggs will be a leader up front for the USA.

His physical presence by then will not be matched by anybody else in the tournament.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
I agree AD. I am just saying a little humility after this year would go a long way.

Here is how I would have written your initial post...

Why not I guess.... it helps to move on quickly from this mess!

Team USA 2013 will be gifted with plenty of big bodies to sprinkle around and hopefully enough highend talent to help us compete for a medal. I also feel a nice CHL balance is very important.

Now THAT is the Canadian way.

still dont see how what I wrote doesnt have humility in it.

at no point do I say we will win, I actually love the talent that we have at our disposal, again which usually isnt an issue.

I have pretty much trounced USA Hockey to death the past 3 days, spoke of the evil that lies within, explained how we constantly choke, yet I need more humility?

honestly, the people talking about others needing humility are usually the ones that need some themselves....

I have been on here for awhile and I beat to my own drummer. I dont care what others think or how I am viewed, I speak from the heart and if others take it a certain way, then oh well, I am not gonna lose sleep over it.

the Americans again will have the deepest talent pool to pick from outside of Canada next year, whatever they do with that will be up to them.

Old
alcoraces

Most important thing missing from the USA this year, which they had on their teams the past few years but neglected to include on their team this year:

Can't tell me otherwise.....when you give the puck up and make a half-hearted stick check on the guy you just coughed it up to as he scores on your poor goaltender in the biggest game of the tournament for the country you are playing for.....that confirms it.

Good luck tonight!

alcoraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 04:12 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
still dont see how what I wrote doesnt have humility in it.

at no point do I say we will win, I actually love the talent that we have at our disposal, again which usually isnt an issue.

I have pretty much trounced USA Hockey to death the past 3 days, spoke of the evil that lies within, explained how we constantly choke, yet I need more humility?

honestly, the people talking about others needing humility are usually the ones that need some themselves....

I have been on here for awhile and I beat to my own drummer. I dont care what others think or how I am viewed, I speak from the heart and if others take it a certain way, then oh well, I am not gonna lose sleep over it.

the Americans again will have the deepest talent pool to pick from outside of Canada next year, whatever they do with that will be up to them.
I rewrote the post you quoted. It is funnier now.

Anyway buddy... The U.S. just lost yesterday and American posters (yourself included) are going to have to eat a little crow after all the bragging you did leading up to the tournament. You can't have it both ways.

Enjoy the game tonight and Happy New Year.

Last edited by OttawaRoughRiderFan: 12-31-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old
12-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoraces View Post
Most important thing missing from the USA this year, which they had on their teams the past few years but neglected to include on their team this year:

Can't tell me otherwise.....when you give the puck up and make a half-hearted stick check on the guy you just coughed it up to as he scores on your poor goaltender in the biggest game of the tournament for the country you are playing for.....that confirms it.

Good luck tonight!
Hard to believe but I'm going to agree with a Canadien on this. Heart is defintitely missing on this team.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 04:13 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:

Good luck tonight!
Ewwwww....

Some would argue that that was missing every year but 2010.

Old
12-31-2011, 04:18 PM
alcoraces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Hard to believe but I'm going to agree with a Canadien on this. Heart is defintitely missing on this team.
It's an intangible......of course they all have a huge heart in them, otherwise they never would have got as far as they have in their hockey careers, and I speak in metaphorical terms only. But it is a huge part of a winning team, and this USA team just didn't seem to have it this year. It didn't even look like they really cared all that much that they lost yesterday.

Note Ryan Kesler's reaction when they lost the Gold Medal game to Canada, or when the Canucks lost in Game 7 last year. That American has more heart in his pinkie finger than the USA juniors had this year collectively.

And yet I know they will get up for this game tonight and give Canada all they can handle in a mean nothing game. Too bad for them they didn't have that drive the first 3 games they played this week.

alcoraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 04:21 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Note Ryan Kesler's reaction when they lost the Gold Medal game to Canada, or when the Canucks lost in Game 7 last year. That American has more heart in his pinkie finger than the USA juniors had this year collectively.
I never liked Kesler but after the Stanley Cup loss I must have seen him do 10 different interviews with 10 different TV reporters while many of the other players ran away. Good for him.

Old
12-31-2011, 04:29 PM
JackSlater

Quote:
I was hoping people knew the 6 Golds comment was an exaggeration, but off the top of my head I can think of at least 3 times we should have probably won the Gold medal...

every year the US has enough talent to medal, no matter the color, that is the main point. we just continually find ways to have epic fails time and time again.

talent isnt the issue for the US, the intangibles and building a winning tradition and belief system seem to be.
I am glad that the comment about being the best team on paper six times was an exaggeration, but three is also an exaggeration. USA is generally on par with Sweden and Russia in this tournament, with generally superior depth to them but fewer elite talents. The main issue for USA, to me, is lack of creativity. This tournament was bad, but is not really a sign of any big picture issues. Things are not going to work well every year.

USA 2013 certainly looks like its strength will be in defence and goaltending. The team will have top 4 talent, and hopefully better results.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 04:34 PM
zorz

Would all these guys be released if they played in Division I?

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 04:49 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Labate

Bgav is online now   Reply With Quote