HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summers and Stone rating so far

Old
03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Coyote_Fan

vCash: 500
Its such a horrible problem to have isnt it?

Coyote_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
While Summers has proven he is NHL ready, he is in no way more effective than Aucoin at this stage of their respective careers.

Ice time is the ultimate arbiter of how effective a player is, in the eyes of the coaching staff.
I was talking about Morris, not Aucoin.

03-02-2012, 11:42 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Both have played well. Love the merit system in place.....Rundbland was lit up in the game @Detroit and that dropped him back. Summers/Stone have earned their spot. A trade of Yandle with this much young depth on D is not a reach. Loved the thought of Parise ending up in AZ but he's likely headed for FA and will command big $$$$.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

I can't believe people continually discuss trading Yandle. I understand that he is our best commodity other than Hanzal or OEL, but Yandle signed a long term deal when no owner was in place, he's an assistant captain and a perennial 40pt + dman for years to come...and he wants to stay here in Phoenix. To me, it doesn't get any better than that.

Yandle is a keeper and potential future captain.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 02:50 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
I can't believe people continually discuss trading Yandle. I understand that he is our best commodity other than Hanzal or OEL, but Yandle signed a long term deal when no owner was in place, he's an assistant captain and a perennial 40pt + dman for years to come...and he wants to stay here in Phoenix. To me, it doesn't get any better than that.

Yandle is a keeper and potential future captain.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, the vast majority feels the same way you do. Are you by chance taking the opinions of 1 or 2 posters and attributing them to the group as a whole?

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Nope, I'm not generalizing, I'm just saying that "people" (those who've stated they'd like to trade Yandle) have to be completely nuts.

Old
03-03-2012, 08:56 AM
hbk

Quote:
Nope, I'm not generalizing, I'm just saying that "people" (those who've stated they'd like to trade Yandle) have to be completely nuts.
I'm admittedly on the fence on a Yandle deal. I see that depending on the return it could go a long ways to filling in a long-term hole and making us a better team. I see the other side as well. Yandle is poised to be our next captain in a world without Shane Doan. I think he's going to be surpassed by OEL as our top D man within the calendar year. I also think Gormely has the potential to move Yandle into slot #3 at some point in the not too distant future. I just think that if you believe that Yandle has potential to slide down our depth chart then you need to be prepared at some point for a potential deal. Again... everything depends on the potential return. Would I be actively shopping him? No. Would I listen for a potential fit? Yes. It's a conversation I expect that will pop up more and more as OEL takes that next step and Yandle's role starts to shrink. Believe me, this is a good "problem" to have. Yandle is a hell of a hockey player.

One last point. We don't know where this team is playing yet next year. If it is Quebec we should not be shocked if Yandle quietly asks to be moved. I wouldn't want to pay Quebec taxes relative to what he's paying in Arizona. It's the equivalent of taking a 20% pay cut and we can't expect any of our players to be overly enthralled with that notion. If a move comes there will be fallout. Prepare yourself for that as well.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:05 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
...and most of us that speculated about moving Yandle knows what he brings to the Coyotes. All we really did is speculate what it would take for the Coyotes to be more of a serious contender.Having a logjam at a position while lacking in another does not help the situation. A proven commodity is more valuable in a trade than one that hasn't produced yet...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

I like to think that players of Yandle's ability that want to stay here in Phoenix are a rare commodity and that should be treasured and not sold to the highest bidder even if it makes the team better from a skill standpoint because right now we don't know if OEL, Gormley, Murphy, Rundblad want to be here long term.

At this point knowing that Hanzal wants to stay and Yandle wants to stay, I take those two guys along with Vrbata and build my team around the guys that are very talented and want to be here. The "want to be here" is a big deal for me!

I also think it goes a long way to the chemistry that is needed in a smaller market that cannot compete on talent alone.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:00 PM
zerekstar

I agree with keeping Yandle. He wants to be a coyote and he is a very good player so keep him. Summers is no surprise to me but Stone definitely is. And when all is said and done, it would not surprise me if Gormley eventually becomes our number one. Shawinigan paid a huge price for him in a defense-man and 6 draft picks. I think that says a lot.

And Murphy, who many did not expect much out of, seems to be having a real good year too. Definitely some bodies need to be moved or we will loose some.

zerekstar is offline   Reply With Quote