HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR/DAL Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2004, 07:45 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Karel Rachunek and Jamie Lundmark

To New York
Niko Kapanen, Joel Lundqvist and John Erskine
I would do it as a NYR fan, hope if given the chance sather does also.

Old
11-08-2004, 11:18 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
I would do it as a NYR fan, hope if given the chance sather does also.
I would too possibly, though I think I'd prefer Svoboda over Erskine.

To Ott=Snott and Chaos, how about:

To DAL: Rachunek, Lundmark
To NYR: Kapanen, Svoboda, J. Lundqvist

Old
11-09-2004, 06:19 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
I would too possibly, though I think I'd prefer Svoboda over Erskine.

To Ott=Snott and Chaos, how about:

To DAL: Rachunek, Lundmark
To NYR: Kapanen, Svoboda, J. Lundqvist
The one thing i dont want is NYR to go th route that Ottawa did, which is build a team with alot of Euro players . I mean the trade proposal seems fair and taking out Erskine makes sense as NYR already has prospects similar like Jake Taylor and David Liffiton. I mean i have nothing against Euro players would just like to see more of a North American line-up , and I am satisfied to see J.Taylor and D.Liffiton as future blueliners, both are N.A ( i know both are about 3 or 4 inches over 6 foot and are 210 plus in weight).And having guys like Jessiman( 6'5" winger ) and B.Graham ( 6'6"center ) are good also. Its just NYR doesnt have enough sure fire definite future NHL'ers ( ex.. Horton, Staal, Cole ,Gagne etc, im sure you guys get the idea). But i do like to see'ing Garth Murray and Jed ortmeyer in the lineup and soon to be hopefully Helminen gets a shot.Basically my point is i dont want to trade to much NA prospects away for euro prospects.

Old
11-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Bacchus

Quote:
Basically my point is i dont want to trade to much NA prospects away for euro prospects.
But what has that do to with sure fire NHL'ers?

Old
11-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Sebastien Centomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
Blackburnn, Toamas Pok, 2nd Rouner
for
eri Letinen

I thik that should clearr the NYR net and give them a good defensive forward
w/e proposal may suck but i realy dont car as i am drunlk!!!!
Effort- B
Spelling and Grammar- F
Proposal- F

Old
11-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Basically my point is i dont want to trade to much NA prospects away for euro prospects.
Believe me I understand completely, but in this particular trade the only NA player is Lundmark and if you ask me, he plays much more of a stereotypical European game than does Kapanen. In terms of comparing Svoboda and Lundmark, to me it's a wash and more of scenery-change type deal (even if Svoboda hasn't actually suited up for Dallas yet).

Old
11-09-2004, 11:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honus Joglund
Effort- B
Spelling and Grammar- F
Proposal- F
Drunken activities-D+ (at least he wasn't driving or fighting, but typing on a message board while drunk is kind of lame. Your name is Rancid, you like NOFX, and you drink, you should've been doing something cooler)

Just kidding.

Old
11-09-2004, 11:23 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evman
I thought you guys who were around that night would get a kick out of it.

I was searching for an avatar and came across this and instantly burst out laughing. That was by far my favourite thread ever on HF. You can just barely make out the "R U Tuff Enuff" in the top left corner.

yeah no doubt eh, that thread was pretty funny i remember.. good to have you back posting, i know i've argued with you before, but good to have some fire back

Old
11-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
yeah no doubt eh, that thread was pretty funny i remember.. good to have you back posting, i know i've argued with you before, but good to have some fire back
I second that. Well, except for the part of good to have you back posting part

Just kidding.

11-12-2004, 02:59 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubera55
Man, do I hate having to defend Tom Poti every week.

Two years ago Tom Poti finished 7th in league scoring among defensemen. He did it on a horrible non-playoff team. The 'defensively inept' Poti finished with a nearly even rating despite playing 25 minutes a night on one of the worst defensive teams in hockey.

Last year, his scoring dropped off. Of course, Brian Leetch and the horrificly overrated Alex Kovalev had taken away all of his PP time (but he still scored 10 goals and 4 GW goals) which has a lot to do with the precipitous drop in his assist totals.

Rachunek? Rachunek has played his entire NHL career for the defensively reliable and intelligently coached Ottawa Senators. Most of his career has been played with defensive stalwarts like Wade Redden, Chris Philips, and Zdeno Chara doing most of the heavy lifting on defense. He's never scored more than 4 goals in an NHL season, has a history of nagging injuries that cost him playing time, and looked dreadful when he showed up in NY at the end of last year.

Basically Rachunek is a few years younger and cheaper than Poti. But he isn't nearly as productive, he's got durability questions, and his bloated +/- numbers have to be looked at carefully because he spent his entire career playing behind a defensively responsible team.

Might Dallas prefer the younger player? Sure. But I see no reason to believe that Poti isn't the better one as of this date.
Im doubting you watch him evey game. He SUCKS. His shot is HORRIBLE..the only thing good about it is that its always low..so thats where he gets a lot of points from but he takes to long to get it off and its not very poweful. Hes not a good stickhandler and he fumbles the puck sometimes. He is extremely soft and is 2 weak to move the guy in front of the net. Hes a top 4 dman...i would put him on the PP obviously still but never on the PK because he is 2 scared to block a shot.

Closed Thread