HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

another top 10 pick to the habs

Old
03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Why do we need that many 2013 2nds? We should try and get some more 1st rounders, preferably for this year.
I'd rather have Washington's 2013 1st rounder, but I fear we might have to add.
Plekanec + Kristo for Kuznetsov + 2013 1st?

2013 is gonna be a big draft and I want Timmins to have some latitude.
This year, meh. Keep our lottery pick and our second rounders (or use them to trade up).

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
habs09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFan76 View Post
Who do we have to replace Pleckanec's defensive play along with his steady offensive output? NO ONE. Eller isn't ready for top 6 duties yet and there's no point in further weakening our depth at center for a "potential" replacement via drafting. I'd only consider moving Pleckanec if we get a proven, young top 6 forward in return, and its doubtful anyone would offer that for Pleckanec.
last year on these boards some habs fans on hf were hesitant on trading GOMEZ thinkin tht eller and desharnais wernt ready to fill the second line spot and they wer also sayin tht gomez couldn't possibly get worse............ so in my opinion i think desharnais and eller are ready to prove us wrong again and fill pleckanecs shoes plus with the money saved i would try to sign stoll or another veteran tweener type center to use as an insurance policy

habs09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
thegreaterikku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFan76 View Post
This.

The Habs have done a good job drafting players who are currently making an impact at an NHL level. The problem is that they can't develop them properly, so they end up trading them for scraps, only to see them blossom elsewhere.
Yup. This at 100%. They need to fire whatever mind is behind the Montreal defensive system they have since 1995 which try to turn heavily offensive players into defensive first - then offense players.

If you know the guys can score 45 goals but could cost you 10 to 20 because of his mistake alone... so be it, but no, not in Montreal. They will bench him and turn him into a defensive-first minded players which will never surpass 70 points a season.

thegreaterikku is offline   Reply With Quote