HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

what's missing from the CBJ blueline?

Old
03-08-2012, 07:59 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
How much will Brad Stuart or Cory Sarich stand to make? Stuart stays in DET most likely, especially if Lidstrom retires.

Dismissing Suter as a pipe dream, these guys are the ideal, IMO. Of course, they may also be pipe dreams. But one in place of Methot and with Savard as a #7...
I think Stuart's time in Detroit is done. In a recent article, a Detroit scout talked about how he wasn't returning and that's one of the reasons why they acquired Quincey. Think he even mentioned about no contract talks at all(YEs, I know, a scout and not the GM). Word is Stuart wants to go to California(think it has something to do with his wife). Originally, when he was traded to Detroit, his plan was to return to the Coast but ended up signing a 3 year deal. So any chance of getting Stuart is slim, as much as I wanted him as well.

I actually want Barett Jackman but I can't see him leaving St Louis. Any interest in Bryan Allen?

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
I think Stuart's time in Detroit is done. In a recent article, a Detroit scout talked about how he wasn't returning and that's one of the reasons why they acquired Quincey. Think he even mentioned about no contract talks at all(YEs, I know, a scout and not the GM). Word is Stuart wants to go to California(think it has something to do with his wife). Originally, when he was traded to Detroit, his plan was to return to the Coast but ended up signing a 3 year deal. So any chance of getting Stuart is slim, as much as I wanted him as well.

I actually want Barett Jackman but I can't see him leaving St Louis. Any interest in Bryan Allen?
If we're continuing the step-down from the others mentioned, yes!

Makes sense about Stuart I just hadn't thought about it. I was already convinced he wouldn't be here, although in an ideal world I think I'd list him second after Suter among UFA d-men I'd like to see here.

Tried to do a little digging because I thought I remembered Allen being a poor skater but I'm reading he has decent mobility for a big, strong, shut-down type. OK by me.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Ontario Buckeye

Hal Gill...just saying

Ontario Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:11 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
It's time!

Stuart already said he wants to go to play for a California team, where he met his wife.

He will likely be a Shark.

03-09-2012, 12:20 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Stuart already said he wants to go to play for a California team, where he met his wife.

He will likely be a Shark.
Great, get Stuart- next time you visit home, bring Pickles back to the Arena District with you.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote