Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leland Irving

Old
03-14-2012, 01:38 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
My guess is he is starting against Deadmonton.

I kind of feel bad for Karlsson I know he has been bad this year but he has barely played and the writing is on the wall that his time here is done and he is just a bench warmer.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:47 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

vCash: 500
Next season is going to be a real youth movement. Irving in. Baertschi in. Nemisz likely in. Brodie full time. Bouma full time. Possibly Reinhart, if you believe Feaster. A very different and much younger squad.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Medium Rare*

great news!! I look forward to his start in the back to backs

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
Next season is going to be a real youth movement. Irving in. Baertschi in. Nemisz likely in. Brodie full time. Bouma full time. Possibly Reinhart, if you believe Feaster. A very different and much younger squad.
I'm curious as to what type of player we'll pick from Draft day; we've seen Fowler drop two years ago and last year it was Couturier and Hamilton and to an extend Murphy. I'm having more confidence with this management's drafting.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
I actually hope Calgary is not all that busy in FA. I want our younger players to get our spots and they deserve it. Finally we have a management team that believes in drafting and promoting from withinm seems like we are the last team post lockout to figure this out. The only thing on my wishlist for FA would be a good top 4 dman.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I actually hope Calgary is not all that busy in FA. I want our younger players to get our spots and they deserve it. Finally we have a management team that believes in drafting and promoting from withinm seems like we are the last team post lockout to figure this out. The only thing on my wishlist for FA would be a good top 4 dman.
Personally I'd love one of Matt Carle, Carlo Colaiacovo, Barrett Jackman, Johnny Oduya or at worst, Hannan back. It's a pretty weak UFA crop this year.

Outside of the few big names like Semin, Suter, Parise, there isn't a lot of quality.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Personally I'd love one of Matt Carle, Carlo Colaiacovo, Barrett Jackman, Johnny Oduya or at worst, Hannan back. It's a pretty weak UFA crop this year.

Outside of the few big names like Semin, Suter, Parise, there isn't a lot of quality.
i want colaiacovo, but i know feaster will push hard for semin, or suter like he did with richards.

Devilspuppet666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

vCash: 50
He's playing the Columbus and Deadmonton games for sure

Sean Monahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 03:49 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartschi View Post
i want colaiacovo, but i know feaster will push hard for semin, or suter like he did with richards.
I really want Semin but there is no room for him so I don't think we will make a big splash as I doubt Suter signs here.

Old
03-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I really want Semin but there is no room for him so I don't think we will make a big splash as I doubt Suter signs here.
God no please not Semin

Need more players with heart

Sean Monahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalkeg View Post
God no please not Semin

Need more players with heart
If you think he has no heart watch him this year, he has become their offensive catalyst since the coaching change and has improved his defensive game.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
tfong

Semin hasn't been "lazy" for at least 2 seasons now. It's just a stigma that comes with most Russians not named Datsyuk.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 05:20 PM
OrrwastheBeatles

He is still selfish and, once he has a new contract, I am confident that the laziness will rear its ugly head again.

No thank you to Semin

besides, if Hemsky got $5m, what will Semin get? (hint: a hell of a lot more tan I would be willing to give him)

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
He is still selfish and, once he has a new contract, I am confident that the laziness will rear its ugly head again.

No thank you to Semin

besides, if Hemsky got $5m, what will Semin get? (hint: a hell of a lot more tan I would be willing to give him)
Now I know you haven't watched him he has really bought into the team concept much like Kovy in New Jersey. He has signed one year deals and still played the same so the a new contract shouldn't effect that.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:47 PM
OrrwastheBeatles

Quote:
Now I know you haven't watched him he has really bought into the team concept much like Kovy in New Jersey. He has signed one year deals and still played the same so the a new contract shouldn't effect that.
Really?

I have a different opinion than you, therefore I don't watch the games.

Got it.

Old
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Really?

Got it.
Considering you were commenting on his selfishness that is almost non existent in his game it calls into question how much you have watched him and how much you are going on by reputation/memory I think it is fair to say you haven't watched him alot if you think he still plays selfishly.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:14 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Can you imagine a Baertschi - Backlund - Semin line? That would be plain nasty.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 06:46 PM
OrrwastheBeatles

Quote:
Considering you were commenting on his selfishness that is almost non existent in his game it calls into question how much you have watched him and how much you are going on by reputation/memory I think it is fair to say you haven't watched him alot if you think he still plays selfishly.
I think it is fair to say that you have no fricking idea how much I watch him.

Do you want to have a pissing contest and see who has watched the Caps more this year? Awesome argument.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:53 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Do you want to have a pissing contest and see who has watched the Caps more this year? Awesome argument.
I never personally attacked you I don't see why you are getting so upset. Semin has turned a corner in his game and plays at both ends of the rink he is a shooter so he is obviously selfish to an extent but he no longer only shots he is also looking for the pass. If you haven't noticed this change in his game I suggest you pay more attention to him when he plays because it is fairly evident to me.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Polaroid

Quote:

No thank you to Semin

Quote:
Quote:
Really?

Got it.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I never personally attacked you I don't see why you are getting so upset. Semin has turned a corner in his game and plays at both ends of the rink he is a shooter so he is obviously selfish to an extent but he no longer only shots he is also looking for the pass. If you haven't noticed this change in his game I suggest you pay more attention to him when he plays because it is fairly evident to me.
Fight! Fight! Fight!

Polaroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post

Grossmann would also be a very good fit IMO, he is a legit top 4 guys and brings the physicality we need while being a shot blocker like Gio. Honestly I would like to sign 2 top four UFA defensemen and push Butler to the #5 role and Smith back to #7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Can you imagine a Baertschi - Backlund - Semin line? That would be plain nasty.
I can imagine then being pushed around a ton. I want someone like Tootoo signed to play with Baertschi, he would bring toughness an edge to the line.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:22 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Grossmann would also be a very good fit IMO, he is a legit top 4 guys and brings the physicality we need while being a shot blocker like Gio. Honestly I would like to sign 2 top four UFA defensemen and push Butler to the #5 role and Smith back to #7.

I can imagine then being pushed around a ton. I want someone like Tootoo signed to play with Baertschi, he would bring toughness an edge to the line.
Why not play him with GlenX and Jokinen? Both are physical and GlenX can fight, plus we don't have to push down Nemo or Byron to make a spot for Tootoo.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Why not play him with GlenX and Jokinen? Both are physical and GlenX can fight, plus we don't have to push down Nemo or Byron to make a spot for Tootoo.
because we also have Cammalleri who I believe belongs on the wing. I think our top 6 wingers are set with Iginla, Tanguay, Cammalleri and Glencross.

I am positive Baertschi will be the 3rd line LW and I think its a good thing, since he would still get PP time (as Tanguay plays the point in the PP) and he would play lesser quality defenders so maybe he could pad his stats some and be in the running for the Calder.

I also don't think Byron is ready to be in the NHL just yeat and I would prefer Nemisz playing with Jackman and Jones as it would give Nemisz a chance to adapt to the speed of the NHL over a full season as well as play center on the PK to maybe continue transitioning him to C. That transition that is taking place may also keep Nemisz in the AHL next season if they want to make him the Heats #1 center.

I would use Bouma as our 13th forward, but lets be honest the 13th forward almost always plays because you always have someone hurt.

Assuming we don't move any forwards I would like lines like this:

Tanguay - Stajan/Jokinen - Iginla
Cammalleri - Stajan/Jokinen - Glencross
Baertschi - Backlund - Tootoo
Jackman - Jones - Nemisz
Bouma

Old
03-14-2012, 08:59 PM
OrrwastheBeatles

Quote:
Agreed, and I never claimed that you did.

What I challenged was the: "if you disagree with me, you obviously don't watch the games" garbage.

I agree that he has shown more spark this year. However, I still find that he picks his spots and coasts a great deal. I also find that he disappears for long stretches and at key times.

And I have little doubt that these traits will resurface in spades when he is "comfortable" or less motivated.

You have every right to disagree, which you obviously do.

Old
03-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Xelstyle

Some more fireworks in the Flames' forum? Impossible.

Anyways would like to see Grossmann and only Grossmann realistically. Anybody else is a pipe dream or a waste of time save for a few random players I wouldn't mind.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote