HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jonathan Toews article

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Loki21

vCash: 500
Jonathan Toews article

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2713986

Pretty interesting article from ESPN.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Qut7BdR4Y

Also a pretty sweet goal. Future seems to be pretty bright for the Hawks!

Old
12-30-2006, 08:43 PM
DRReclusive

He's a special player. The kid can protect the puck with the best of them and is only going to get better.

I can't wait to see him in a Chicago uniform.

Old
12-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Toews has looked amazing at the WJCs. Great puck protection, escapability, speed, finesse, defense, determination - the kid doesn't have a single chink in his armour.

As a Pens fan and a Winnipeg boy, I had hoped Pittsburgh would take him with the #2 pick. Staal's made me eat my words, but Toews will be just as much of a force when he comes to the bigs. He will be a huge fan favorite in Chicago.

Old
12-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Loki21

Skille

Also did anyone see the Youtube video on Skille's early season injury at UW? Even though he's already back, watching him roll around on the ice wasn't pretty.

Old
12-31-2006, 08:26 AM
dieseleric

Jonathon Toews has been Canada's best forward at this year's World Juniors so far. He does it all: creates chances in the offensive zone, backchecks well and plays good defence, plays the powerplay, penalty kill and wins faceoffs. I watched him play Slovakia today and I don't think he lost a faceoff all game. He has looked amazing and I think is showing everyone why he was a good choice at 3rd overall over some of the other players available.

Old
01-03-2007, 03:10 PM
azsioux

toews 1 assist and 3 for 3 in the shotout in a win vs usa to get to wjt gold medal game. 7 round shootout and he got 3 himself including the game winner.....wow

Old
01-03-2007, 03:36 PM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Toews is a very special player but Jack Skille will be a player in this league as well,he's isn't as skilled as Toews but appears to have a great deal of Hockey sense.

Old
01-03-2007, 08:44 PM
blackhawksmaniac

Send a message via AIM to blackhawksmaniac
Skille and Toews and Havlat (if he's still with us) will be a pretty good line.

Old
01-03-2007, 09:31 PM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
Toews made himself a Canadian national hero today!!

what a performance, he will be special!

Old
01-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Brandi

Kid has a ton of confidence. He'll certainly add a lot to your team.

Old
01-03-2007, 10:26 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki21 View Post
Also a pretty sweet goal. Future seems to be pretty bright for the Hawks!
Unless I missed the memo that Wirtz is no longer the owner, then this statement is false. There is no future with that guy in charge.

Old
01-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Unless I missed the memo that Wirtz is no longer the owner, then this statement is false. There is no future with that guy in charge.
You must have missed the memo that there is a salary cap.

Old
01-04-2007, 04:09 PM
azsioux

toews 1 on 1
http://broadband.tsn.ca/?vid=2447

game highlights
http://broadband.tsn.ca/?vid=2449

Old
01-05-2007, 03:21 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
I see a lot of North Dakota - I've scouted him several times over the year - and what he has done this year at the WJC's is no surprise to myself.

"12/16/2006 - Toews hasn't been 100% healthy since the start the season when he was injured the opening weekend of the season in Wisconsin and had to miss three games and play hurt through several others .. Jonathan is a complete player that will be in the NHL next season .. he's the type of reliable, two-way play making center that the Blackhawk's are dying for .. his vision, instincts, and hockey sense are top notch .. first step quickness and his skating as a whole has improved this season, which has allowed him to be more dangerous off the rush, however speed isn't his game .. makes his team and linemates better as he does all the dirty work in the traffic areas and is an exceptional play maker .. carried over the momentum he gained late last season as a goal scorer to this season as he's been shooting more often with confidence.. has a pro's release and the velocity on his shot has improved .. picks corners with his shot and is ever developing a goal scorer's instinct .. drives the net and to the slot with the puck on his stick and protects it very well before unleashing his heavy wrist shot .. has elegant hand skill and can stickhandle in a phone booth .. patient, and crafty, Toews can make something out of nothing in heavy traffic areas .. much of his game can't be measured on the shat sheet, and while many prospects at this age just play for stats, Toews sacrifices prolific numbers for the betterment of the team .. Toews is strong at every aspect of the game and one would need to overly nit pick to find any weaknesses to his game .. top end offensive upside is the only question but he's a safe bet to put up 30 goals, 40 assists in the NHL and play in all situations. (13-4-9-14)

10/23/2006 - Wears the A on his shoulder this year as a sophomore .. should have the Blackhawks drooling over his complete game .. plays on the top line with T.J. Oshie and Ryan Duncan, along with the first specialty team units .. looks to be a more fluid skater this year, not truly explosive but has a commanding stride with the ability to make strong lateral cuts, his top end gear is very decent once he gains some steam .. possesses arguably the best puck protection in College Hockey, uses his long reach to be difficult to knock off the puck, is very dangerous driving the net from the outside, looks a bit like Eric Staal in possession as he loves to drive through traffic with the puck on his stick, and will get a prime scoring chance or draw a penalty .. a dual threat to score and create, his shooting arsenal is vastly underrated .. loves to get to the slot to unleash his heavy shot, possesses a lightning quick release on his wrist shot which gets to the net in an instant and is pin-point accurate .. passes the puck instinctively, crisply, tape to tape, is a very creative playmaker that can set up his line mates for easy goals, sees the open lanes that most don't, can create plays at top speed .. very strong away from the puck, is a pest on the forecheck and back check, anticipates the play well and creates turnovers .. uses his long reach to clog passing lanes on the penalty kill, blocks a lot of shots, will finish checks and come down low to his own net to tie up his man .. has a little Joe Sakic to him, he plays a complete game and his shooting arsenal continues to become more deadly. Should join the Blackhawks after this season. "

Mckeenshockey.com

Old
01-05-2007, 03:31 PM
rockit

i must say that first i'm a flyers fan, but i'm quite excited for the chicago blackhawks future. Toews is a monster. He's a clutch player that doesn't get phased when the going get's tough. Combine him, with the young core of forwards and solid defence, and the blackhawks are going to take that step back into respectability.

Old
01-05-2007, 06:54 PM
dieseleric

Jonathan Toews interview after winning WJC's and being named player of the game

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...61568590267136

Old
01-05-2007, 08:01 PM
ARS

Despite you guys having a poor last few season, I have to say you guys are extremely lucky. Not only do you guys have an excellent core of young players, but you guys also have players like Toews and Skille coming up.

Old
01-06-2007, 02:14 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac View Post
You must have missed the memo that there is a salary cap.
I hope that matters. I recently moved back to Detroit from Chicago and really miss the good rivalry days of the 90s, especially some of those memorable playoff moments. Wirtz just gives me that same hopeless feeling that the Fords do with the Detroit Lions, and footballs had a cap much longer.

Old
04-26-2012, 11:43 PM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Looking back on these old threads... Wow

Old
04-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Trapper2530

skille...lol

Old
04-27-2012, 02:02 AM
mikitas donut
Flowers of Antimony

Trying to imagine what it would be like if Pittsburgh had Crosby, Malkin and Toews down the middle.

*shudders*

Old
04-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orriginal Six View Post
Toews is a very special player but Jack Skille will be a player in this league as well,he's isn't as skilled as Toews but appears to have a great deal of Hockey sense.
I think the greatest thing about this post is that that is one of the most obvious things that Skille never had.

Old
04-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
A 2006 thread? Really? I realize no Hawks means boredom and despondency, but man everyone is wrong about something at some point when it comes to prospects.

Old
04-29-2012, 05:25 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Can we stop with the sudden influx of bumping 5-6 year old threads?

Old
04-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Looking back on these old threads... Wow
In the future, feel free to read and enjoy old threads, but don't bump them. Thanks.

Closed Thread