HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Other Chicago Sports Thread VII: Rose tears ACL in final seconds of blowout

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Probably not. ACL rehab is usually 6 months. He probably won't be himself for longer than that though. I would imagine a hard worker like Rose to be ready by the start of of the season in October or at the latest November.
Oh I thought it was like 9 months. You're right though, he won't be himself for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
The Bulls will still get to the ECF.
Meh.

Old
04-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
This round will still be won. Atlanta is without Horford, and Allen is banged up for Boston. Even without Rose, the round two opponent does not match up well with us. We have proven we can beat Miami without him, but can we beat them in a seven game series without him? Not sure. Lots of character and talent still suiting up.

Old
04-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Sarava

Does it matter? You either win the title or you don't. And they aren't winning the title without Rose.

Old
04-28-2012, 07:27 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Rose tore his ACL?

Rageface.gif

Old
04-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Does it matter? You either win the title or you don't. And they aren't winning the title without Rose.
It all boils down to how they can perform againsT Miami in a seven-game series. They have proven they can beat Miami when Rose is not suited up or severely limited. Not sure if they can beat them in consecutive games without him. The Bulls, for the most part, have still performed at a high level without Rose. Watson can play. His sloppiness is frustrating as hell, but the dude has come up clutch several times. The biggest example was against Miami earlier this season. Philadelphia and Atlanta/Boston are not a concern. If Miami gets to the ECF (likely), the Bulls won't go down easy and may not at all. The Bulls are still a deep team without Rose.

Old
04-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Cullksinikers

I don't think the Bulls can beat the Heat and then the Thunder, but if they beat the Heat and get an older team like the Spurs, it looks good.

Old
04-28-2012, 07:41 PM
madgoat33

Thibs chance at a second coty should be gone now.

Old
04-28-2012, 07:42 PM
ndgt10

Nash to Bulls

Old
04-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Well that is horrendous for Bulls

2nd round exit IMO coming up

Old
04-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Cullksinikers

The Sixers were closing the gap, but the Bulls were in no danger to losing. Philadelphia was just making the final score more respectable. Rose was used properly until he stayed in a game we had no danger of losing. Thibs deserves some flack for it. However, considering it was a non-contact injury, maybe it happens in Game 2. A random injury like that seems more like destiny. Sucks hard.

Old
04-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Well that is horrendous for Bulls

2nd round exit IMO coming up
Boston or a Horford-less Atlanta team? I'm shaking in my boots. A Rose-less Chicago team is still a better team than either of the two potential second-round opponents. The ECF is where you start to worry. It shows how bad the East is.

Old
04-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Thibs also is a moron for having him in there up 12 and that little time left

Blame 100% falls on him for this

Old
04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Cullksinikers

Derrick Rose obviously suffered a bad injury. However, all of his other problems will be fully healed once he returns. He is a very young player with a great work ethic. I really feel he can bounce back. If he's 100 percent, we will have a huge season from him next year. I truly think this was just a bad luck year for him. There were no injury concerns before this season.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
It all boils down to how they can perform againsT Miami in a seven-game series. They have proven they can beat Miami when Rose is not suited up or severely limited. Not sure if they can beat them in consecutive games without him. The Bulls, for the most part, have still performed at a high level without Rose. Watson can play. His sloppiness is frustrating as hell, but the dude has come up clutch several times. The biggest example was against Miami earlier this season. Philadelphia and Atlanta/Boston are not a concern. If Miami gets to the ECF (likely), the Bulls won't go down easy and may not at all. The Bulls are still a deep team without Rose.
Regular season games don't mean anything. In the playoffs benches get shortened, intensity goes up, and you won't be playing teams on the 6th game in 8 nights. They don't have a chance against Miami. The Heat will win simply on free throw differential. Bulls have no one that will go to the line.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Cullksinikers

I'd still say Miami is more likely to go to the NBA Finals, but the Bulls have HCA and much more depth. Those last two reasons make me think.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
I'd still say Miami is more likely to go to the NBA Finals, but the Bulls have HCA and much more depth. Those last two reasons make me think.
Bulls had both of those, Rose, and a healthy Deng, and it didn't matter against a team who had ****ing Mike Bibby starting last year. It doesn't matter that the Bulls have better 8, 9, 10 guys than Miami when they have the 3 best players in the series playing 40+ minutes. Our bench advantage won't really matter because the bench will always be going up against at least 2 of the big 3.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:28 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
There might be some NIU fans on this board, so think this fits here....

Northern Illinois QB Chandler Harnish was selected last overall in this year's draft by the Colts, becoming the newest Mr. Irrelevant.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
There might be some NIU fans on this board, so think this fits here....

Northern Illinois QB Chandler Harnish was selected last overall in this year's draft by the Colts, becoming the newest Mr. Irrelevant.
My dad went to NIU so I've been to a few games and regularly watch NIU. Happy to see him get drafted, he was great in college.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Right about now, the disbelief has faded, anger has subsided and were all wondering... why? Why. Why. Why Derrick, again? Derrick is more than an MVP to our team. He's our friend, our brother he inspires us to be the very best we can be, just by who he is and how hard he plays. That he has spent so much time this year hurt, was frustrating. Now that he is out for the rest of the season, well its just plain sad. No one is to blame; what happened, did. We send him our prayers, our love, our good wishes that he heals and comes back stronger, better, healthier than ever before.

Bulls fans. Now is not the time to ask why or to get bitter. Now is the time to refocus and ask "How are we going to win this Championship?" We have the best Team in the league. This season has proven, we are a TEAM and it has taken us ALL to have the best record. Lets focus on whats ahead. This is an incredible opportunity for All of Us to step up and make it happen. We're all gonna have to work harder and smarter. We are all gonna have to believe in ourselves. That we are more than the sum of our parts. We need YOU to believe with Us. We need You to believe for Us. We are going to keep going strong. One quarter, one game, one round at a time. Until its over. That's how we're gonna do it.
-Kyle Korver on Facebook

A truly awesome way of looking at things. I still believe in the team, but the road to a title is certainly tougher.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
My dad went to NIU so I've been to a few games and regularly watch NIU. Happy to see him get drafted, he was great in college.
Their games were fun to go to. I saw Wolfe and Turner when I was younger. Cheap games. I also saw some NFL talent.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:33 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Bulls had both of those, Rose, and a healthy Deng, and it didn't matter against a team who had ****ing Mike Bibby starting last year. It doesn't matter that the Bulls have better 8, 9, 10 guys than Miami when they have the 3 best players in the series playing 40+ minutes. Our bench advantage won't really matter because the bench will always be going up against at least 2 of the big 3.
Dallas Mavericks...

All you need is Lebron to choke in the Conference Finals instead of the Championship and you're fine. But a Rose-less Bulls team is just not good enough. This 76ers matchup will go at least 6, maybe 7 games IMO. I do think we pull it out but the next round... who knows. Why are we even talking about a possible conference finals matchup anyways? Our best player just got injured, lets take this one series at a time. Philly is no push over and just because we won the 1st home game with Rose doesn't mean we'll win 3 more without him.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Their games were fun to go to. I saw Wolfe and Turner when I was younger. Cheap games. I also saw some NFL talent.
Yeah it's a cool atmosphere. I also saw a NIU-NU at NU game when Wolfe was there. He must have ran for 300+, but NIU went for 2 in the last minute and didn't get it. Lost 35-34 or something like that.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Agree 100% with both points.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Dallas Mavericks...

All you need is Lebron to choke in the Conference Finals instead of the Championship and you're fine. But a Rose-less Bulls team is just not good enough. This 76ers matchup will go at least 6, maybe 7 games IMO. I do think we pull it out but the next round... who knows. Why are we even talking about a possible conference finals matchup anyways? Our best player just got injured, lets take this one series at a time. Philly is no push over and just because we won the 1st home game with Rose doesn't mean we'll win 3 more without him.
The Mavericks had two stars that created their own shot in Dirk/Terry. Bulls don't have anyone like that.

The Bulls without Rose are a top 5 regular season team in the NBA, but they aren't good enough to beat MIA/OKC in a 7 game series without Rose. They're still gonna roll through Philly and probably beat the Allen-less Celtics in 6. They'll lose in 5 to Miami with maybe a couple close games.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:41 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
The Mavericks had two stars that created their own shot in Dirk/Terry. Bulls don't have anyone like that.

The Bulls without Rose are a top 5 regular season team in the NBA, but they aren't good enough to beat MIA/OKC in a 7 game series without Rose. They're still gonna roll through Philly and probably beat the Allen-less Celtics in 6. They'll lose in 5 to Miami with maybe a couple close games.
Maybe I misinterpreted your point, I thought you were saying even WITH Rose the Bulls couldn't beat the Heat, just because they didn't last year.

I agree without Rose, I don't give us much of any chance to beat them. But no point in worrying about that because the Bulls still have to beat the 76ers and then the Celtics/Hawks and the Heat have to beat the Knicks then the Pacers/Magic. Not a guarantee for either team.

The bad thing about a Celtics/Bulls series is that their defense is almost as good as ours and they'll have Pierce as a go to guy while we won't have anyone. The only good thing is we'll dominate them on the boards and probably have 8-10 more possessions just because they suck at rebounding.

Closed Thread