HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Other Chicago Sports Thread VII: Rose tears ACL in final seconds of blowout

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-28-2012, 06:59 PM
  #901
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,134
vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Probably not. ACL rehab is usually 6 months. He probably won't be himself for longer than that though. I would imagine a hard worker like Rose to be ready by the start of of the season in October or at the latest November.
Oh I thought it was like 9 months. You're right though, he won't be himself for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
The Bulls will still get to the ECF.
Meh.

Gootie is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:07 PM
  #902
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
This round will still be won. Atlanta is without Horford, and Allen is banged up for Boston. Even without Rose, the round two opponent does not match up well with us. We have proven we can beat Miami without him, but can we beat them in a seven game series without him? Not sure. Lots of character and talent still suiting up.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:26 PM
  #903
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,453
vCash: 500
Does it matter? You either win the title or you don't. And they aren't winning the title without Rose.

Sarava is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:27 PM
  #904
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Rose tore his ACL?

Rageface.gif

brtriad is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:30 PM
  #905
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Does it matter? You either win the title or you don't. And they aren't winning the title without Rose.
It all boils down to how they can perform againsT Miami in a seven-game series. They have proven they can beat Miami when Rose is not suited up or severely limited. Not sure if they can beat them in consecutive games without him. The Bulls, for the most part, have still performed at a high level without Rose. Watson can play. His sloppiness is frustrating as hell, but the dude has come up clutch several times. The biggest example was against Miami earlier this season. Philadelphia and Atlanta/Boston are not a concern. If Miami gets to the ECF (likely), the Bulls won't go down easy and may not at all. The Bulls are still a deep team without Rose.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:32 PM
  #906
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
I don't think the Bulls can beat the Heat and then the Thunder, but if they beat the Heat and get an older team like the Spurs, it looks good.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:41 PM
  #907
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,367
vCash: 500
Thibs chance at a second coty should be gone now.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:42 PM
  #908
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Nash to Bulls

ndgt10 is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:45 PM
  #909
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 100,958
vCash: 340
Well that is horrendous for Bulls

2nd round exit IMO coming up

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:46 PM
  #910
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
The Sixers were closing the gap, but the Bulls were in no danger to losing. Philadelphia was just making the final score more respectable. Rose was used properly until he stayed in a game we had no danger of losing. Thibs deserves some flack for it. However, considering it was a non-contact injury, maybe it happens in Game 2. A random injury like that seems more like destiny. Sucks hard.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:48 PM
  #911
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Well that is horrendous for Bulls

2nd round exit IMO coming up
Boston or a Horford-less Atlanta team? I'm shaking in my boots. A Rose-less Chicago team is still a better team than either of the two potential second-round opponents. The ECF is where you start to worry. It shows how bad the East is.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 07:55 PM
  #912
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 100,958
vCash: 340
Thibs also is a moron for having him in there up 12 and that little time left

Blame 100% falls on him for this

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
  #913
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
Derrick Rose obviously suffered a bad injury. However, all of his other problems will be fully healed once he returns. He is a very young player with a great work ethic. I really feel he can bounce back. If he's 100 percent, we will have a huge season from him next year. I truly think this was just a bad luck year for him. There were no injury concerns before this season.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:15 PM
  #914
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,134
vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
It all boils down to how they can perform againsT Miami in a seven-game series. They have proven they can beat Miami when Rose is not suited up or severely limited. Not sure if they can beat them in consecutive games without him. The Bulls, for the most part, have still performed at a high level without Rose. Watson can play. His sloppiness is frustrating as hell, but the dude has come up clutch several times. The biggest example was against Miami earlier this season. Philadelphia and Atlanta/Boston are not a concern. If Miami gets to the ECF (likely), the Bulls won't go down easy and may not at all. The Bulls are still a deep team without Rose.
Regular season games don't mean anything. In the playoffs benches get shortened, intensity goes up, and you won't be playing teams on the 6th game in 8 nights. They don't have a chance against Miami. The Heat will win simply on free throw differential. Bulls have no one that will go to the line.

Gootie is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:21 PM
  #915
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
I'd still say Miami is more likely to go to the NBA Finals, but the Bulls have HCA and much more depth. Those last two reasons make me think.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:26 PM
  #916
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,134
vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I'd still say Miami is more likely to go to the NBA Finals, but the Bulls have HCA and much more depth. Those last two reasons make me think.
Bulls had both of those, Rose, and a healthy Deng, and it didn't matter against a team who had ****ing Mike Bibby starting last year. It doesn't matter that the Bulls have better 8, 9, 10 guys than Miami when they have the 3 best players in the series playing 40+ minutes. Our bench advantage won't really matter because the bench will always be going up against at least 2 of the big 3.

Gootie is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:28 PM
  #917
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,562
vCash: 1
There might be some NIU fans on this board, so think this fits here....

Northern Illinois QB Chandler Harnish was selected last overall in this year's draft by the Colts, becoming the newest Mr. Irrelevant.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:29 PM
  #918
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,134
vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
There might be some NIU fans on this board, so think this fits here....

Northern Illinois QB Chandler Harnish was selected last overall in this year's draft by the Colts, becoming the newest Mr. Irrelevant.
My dad went to NIU so I've been to a few games and regularly watch NIU. Happy to see him get drafted, he was great in college.

Gootie is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
  #919
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Right about now, the disbelief has faded, anger has subsided and were all wondering... why? Why. Why. Why Derrick, again? Derrick is more than an MVP to our team. He's our friend, our brother he inspires us to be the very best we can be, just by who he is and how hard he plays. That he has spent so much time this year hurt, was frustrating. Now that he is out for the rest of the season, well its just plain sad. No one is to blame; what happened, did. We send him our prayers, our love, our good wishes that he heals and comes back stronger, better, healthier than ever before.

Bulls fans. Now is not the time to ask why or to get bitter. Now is the time to refocus and ask "How are we going to win this Championship?" We have the best Team in the league. This season has proven, we are a TEAM and it has taken us ALL to have the best record. Lets focus on whats ahead. This is an incredible opportunity for All of Us to step up and make it happen. We're all gonna have to work harder and smarter. We are all gonna have to believe in ourselves. That we are more than the sum of our parts. We need YOU to believe with Us. We need You to believe for Us. We are going to keep going strong. One quarter, one game, one round at a time. Until its over. That's how we're gonna do it.
-Kyle Korver on Facebook


A truly awesome way of looking at things. I still believe in the team, but the road to a title is certainly tougher.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:31 PM
  #920
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
My dad went to NIU so I've been to a few games and regularly watch NIU. Happy to see him get drafted, he was great in college.
Their games were fun to go to. I saw Wolfe and Turner when I was younger. Cheap games. I also saw some NFL talent.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:33 PM
  #921
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Bulls had both of those, Rose, and a healthy Deng, and it didn't matter against a team who had ****ing Mike Bibby starting last year. It doesn't matter that the Bulls have better 8, 9, 10 guys than Miami when they have the 3 best players in the series playing 40+ minutes. Our bench advantage won't really matter because the bench will always be going up against at least 2 of the big 3.
Dallas Mavericks...


All you need is Lebron to choke in the Conference Finals instead of the Championship and you're fine. But a Rose-less Bulls team is just not good enough. This 76ers matchup will go at least 6, maybe 7 games IMO. I do think we pull it out but the next round... who knows. Why are we even talking about a possible conference finals matchup anyways? Our best player just got injured, lets take this one series at a time. Philly is no push over and just because we won the 1st home game with Rose doesn't mean we'll win 3 more without him.

RomersWorld* is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:34 PM
  #922
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,134
vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Their games were fun to go to. I saw Wolfe and Turner when I was younger. Cheap games. I also saw some NFL talent.
Yeah it's a cool atmosphere. I also saw a NIU-NU at NU game when Wolfe was there. He must have ran for 300+, but NIU went for 2 in the last minute and didn't get it. Lost 35-34 or something like that.

Gootie is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
  #923
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Does it matter? You either win the title or you don't. And they aren't winning the title without Rose.
Agree 100% with both points.

Illinihockey is online now  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:37 PM
  #924
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,134
vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Dallas Mavericks...


All you need is Lebron to choke in the Conference Finals instead of the Championship and you're fine. But a Rose-less Bulls team is just not good enough. This 76ers matchup will go at least 6, maybe 7 games IMO. I do think we pull it out but the next round... who knows. Why are we even talking about a possible conference finals matchup anyways? Our best player just got injured, lets take this one series at a time. Philly is no push over and just because we won the 1st home game with Rose doesn't mean we'll win 3 more without him.
The Mavericks had two stars that created their own shot in Dirk/Terry. Bulls don't have anyone like that.

The Bulls without Rose are a top 5 regular season team in the NBA, but they aren't good enough to beat MIA/OKC in a 7 game series without Rose. They're still gonna roll through Philly and probably beat the Allen-less Celtics in 6. They'll lose in 5 to Miami with maybe a couple close games.

Gootie is offline  
Old
04-28-2012, 08:41 PM
  #925
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
The Mavericks had two stars that created their own shot in Dirk/Terry. Bulls don't have anyone like that.

The Bulls without Rose are a top 5 regular season team in the NBA, but they aren't good enough to beat MIA/OKC in a 7 game series without Rose. They're still gonna roll through Philly and probably beat the Allen-less Celtics in 6. They'll lose in 5 to Miami with maybe a couple close games.
Maybe I misinterpreted your point, I thought you were saying even WITH Rose the Bulls couldn't beat the Heat, just because they didn't last year.

I agree without Rose, I don't give us much of any chance to beat them. But no point in worrying about that because the Bulls still have to beat the 76ers and then the Celtics/Hawks and the Heat have to beat the Knicks then the Pacers/Magic. Not a guarantee for either team.

The bad thing about a Celtics/Bulls series is that their defense is almost as good as ours and they'll have Pierce as a go to guy while we won't have anyone. The only good thing is we'll dominate them on the boards and probably have 8-10 more possessions just because they suck at rebounding.

RomersWorld* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.