HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Chicago Sports Thread VII: Rose tears ACL in final seconds of blowout

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Weber officially canned
2 years too late. Hope they get Smart

Old
03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Now with Weber out, time for the unrealistically high expectations for who we're gonna get to start in full force.

Already have heard a few friends ecstatically talking about our chances at landing Brad Stevens.

Old
03-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Now with Weber out, time for the unrealistically high expectations for who we're gonna get to start in full force.

Already have heard a few friends ecstatically talking about our chances at landing Brad Stevens.
He's a candidate but they are going to hire an African American coach. Smart is option 1.

Old
03-09-2012, 01:15 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Fire have signed 32 year old defender Arne Friedrich, staple of the German national team. He has injury concerns, but on a team as deep as ours at CB he's exactly the type of risk worth taking.
Good pickup for a team that struggles getting back defensively. I'd like to hear Bubba's thoughts on him. Either way, the Fire need to find someone who can fill in for Gibbs if he leaves. If they hold form, like they did at the end of last season, there is no reason for this team to not be a top team in the East this season.

EDIT: nvm Bubba already talked about him. Thanks though

Old
03-09-2012, 09:08 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Only question I have is whether Oduro has another good year and any other sort of proven MLS scoring option up front.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:04 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

As a Duke fan, the Kansas and Syracuse losses are very reassuring for our shot at a #1 seed.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Cullksinikers

Shaka the world.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:42 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
He's a candidate but they are going to hire an African American coach. Smart is option 1.
Sure, he's a candidate..... in the sense that Gemma Atkinson is a potential girlfriend of mine.

Smart is a ...... smart option (God, I hate myself ), and hopefully we land him..... but let's just say that I don't have much faith in the university managing to acquire him.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:43 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
As a Duke fan, the Kansas and Syracuse losses are very reassuring for our shot at a #1 seed.
UK, Cuse, UNC, Mizzou

Sorry, no shot for the Dukies, IMO.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:50 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
UK, Cuse, UNC, Mizzou

Sorry, no shot for the Dukies, IMO.
Cuse just knocked themselves into the 3 or 4 seed.

Mizzou doesn't have the resume Duke has. Wins over Michigan, Michigan State, UNC, and Kansas vs wins over Baylor and Kansas.

Duke would have to either win the ACC or get to the final and play a good game though.

KU-Duke/UNC-Cuse-Duke/UNC

Last edited by MurrayBannerman: 03-09-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old
03-09-2012, 10:54 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Cuse just knocked themselves into the 3 or 4 seed.

Sorry, man, but any credibility you had is out the window. It's about a full body of work, and they are still a 2 loss team. They are a #1, it isn't even a question.

IU is a 4 seed. You really think Syracuse is equal to IU because of 1 loss??

Old
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
madgoat33

there's no way cuse doesn't get at least a 2. Chances of duke getting a 1 are pretty damn low. They'd have to win the ACC pretty handily and have some other teams slip.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:58 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:

Sorry, man, but any credibility you had is out the window. It's about a full body of work, and they are still a 2 loss team. They are a #1, it isn't even a question.

IU is a 4 seed. You really think Syracuse is equal to IU because of 1 loss??
I mean a 3 or 4 #1 seed. Hence why I put them in my little #1 seed lineup.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:59 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

I bolded Cuse to make it clearer for everyone

Old
03-09-2012, 11:00 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
there's no way cuse doesn't get at least a 2. Chances of duke getting a 1 are pretty damn low. They'd have to win the ACC pretty handily and have some other teams slip.
They were either the 3rd or 4th #1 seed before the UNC loss in the last game of the season...

Old
03-09-2012, 11:01 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

I see. Fair enough, my mistake.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:04 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
I see. Fair enough, my mistake.
It's cool.

They won't get it if they get blown out like they did last time against UNC, although they did start to come back after shooting like 2-12 to start the game.

Henson isn't playing, which is a ton of their offensive rebounding; however we're without Ryan "The White Raven" Kelly. Hopefully, we can pull it off and sneak into that 2 slot.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
It's cool.
Yea, I see now that I read the word "the" as "a", which obviously completely changes the context of everything

Being illiterate is fun sometimes

Old
03-09-2012, 11:11 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Yea, I see now that I read the word "the" as "a", which obviously completely changes the context of everything

Being illiterate is fun sometimes
Oh you IU kids... I keed! I keed!

Old
03-10-2012, 05:31 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
However you want to put it England won't amount to anything especially since they don't even have a manager right now and the team is too busy fighting with themselves and has no leadership at all.

Italy might be done with the rebuild but doesn't have the talent to compete.

Russia is not the same team that made that shock run in 2008.

Germany who is other then Spain the most talented team in Europe and maybe the world right now should have no problem getting out of this group.
Soccer is europe + Brasil + Argentina for the favorites

And I like I said, if England somehow gets Redknapp as Coach, they will be #3 behind Spain and Germany. If not, they will win nothing. Italy and "Oranje" will be the other favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Loved watching Germany in the World Cup. Wanted to get my kid a Germany jersey but the ones they sell here are too big for him.
just buy it, he will grow into it
For me, the price is too high

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Good pickup for a team that struggles getting back defensively. I'd like to hear Bubba's thoughts on him. Either way, the Fire need to find someone who can fill in for Gibbs if he leaves. If they hold form, like they did at the end of last season, there is no reason for this team to not be a top team in the East this season.

EDIT: nvm Bubba already talked about him. Thanks though
Haven't said much

Friedrich is a good player that will help your team and he should be a Top3 CB in the MLS. He WAS one of the best CB in Germany for ~8 years. The problem is that his back is worse than Bollands and maybe worse than Dazes. I think he wants to collect some good money and test if he still can play on that high level. If he can, he will return to germany IMO. I doubt it.
He was wanted by at least 7-8 teams in germany and europe. The difference is the expectations.
As player, he does everything right and good. He's just not the best. He was always solid and consitent in his game and will give the fire some leadership

Old
03-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Sure, he's a candidate..... in the sense that Gemma Atkinson is a potential girlfriend of mine.

Smart is a ...... smart option (God, I hate myself ), and hopefully we land him..... but let's just say that I don't have much faith in the university managing to acquire him.
No reason to think that, Illinois basketball has been very successful at landing the coach they want historically. It's going to be Smart, Grant, or Theus

Old
03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

As a long time die hard fan of the ChiSox, what should I do this year since we'll probably end up dead last in a division that includes the KC Royals?

Are people even going to bother watching the games, let alone attend them, with that goofball as the captain of our sinking ship (AKA KW)?

I need some type of motivation from fellow White Sox fans cause I see this franchise entering a place no team what's to be headed and that's towards mediocrity.

P.S. I apologise for my grammar, I'm french Canadian, so cut me some slack please

Old
03-10-2012, 08:27 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
As a long time die hard fan of the ChiSox, what should I do this year since we'll probably end up dead last in a division that includes the KC Royals?

Are people even going to bother watching the games, let alone attend them, with that goofball as the captain of our sinking ship (AKA KW)?

I need some type of motivation from fellow White Sox fans cause I see this franchise entering a place no team what's to be headed and that's towards mediocrity.

P.S. I apologise for my grammar, I'm french Canadian, so cut me some slack please
Support 'em through thick and thin. Only way you can be a real fan. Plus, think that they'll probably end up 4th in their division (which, coincidentally, is where I'm expecting the Cubs to finish, too).

Though I'm curious how the White Sox have a fan in Montreal. The South Side has typically had a hard time attracting a fanbase outside their immediate area, for the most part.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post

I actually think the Sox have some positives, Morel and Viciedo look like they will be good players. Sale looks likes he will be the real deal. I think Dunn will have a bounce back season. I think the Sox will be a good team, not great but good. After Detroit this division is wide open.

As for the Royals they have some of the best young talent in baseball so finishing behind them this year wouldn't be the end of the world.

Old
03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Sarava

I agree Psycho. I'm strangely optimistic about this team - despite it clearly being a lot less talented on paper than last year's team.

I think Ozzie Guillen's negative aura being gone will do wonders.

Closed Thread