HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancover-Tampa Bay

Old
02-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Reign Nateo

vCash: 500
Canucks will evaluate in summer before July. Depends heavily on how the playoffs shake down. They will get a sizeable return though should they decide to deal him. The kid is for real and thankfully NHL teams have pro scouts and don't go by opinions of mind numbing homers on message boards.

Teams know just how good he is. He'll be worth the price, just try watching him.

Reign Nateo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:34 PM
VanTampaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
I know there has been a lot of talk about Vancouver trading Cory Schneider. Since the deadline has passed they will either resign him which I believe is unlikely because of Luongo, or trade him. He is fairly young (25) and has the potential to be a elite goalie in the coming years. Just curious what you guys think about this trade:

To Vancouver:

Detroit's 1st round pick
Dustin Tokarski

To Tampa Bay:

Cory Schneider

Tokarski is the Norfolk Admirals starting goalie who currently leads the AHL in wins. Always shows up in the big games, and has the ability to be a starter down the road.

Thoughts??
In order to get a great young player you must give one up. I'm a fan of both franchises and I don't think this will work. Think the Tampa 1st this year (which could be 5-15) + or Brett Connolly.

VanTampaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Renzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
For Tampa first and Connolly, Montreal could consider sending Price + + and begin a reconstruction. As a Montreal fan, i would do it. Price + Emelin + 2nd from Nashville?
hahaha

Renzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
I think that if this is the kind of return that Canuck fan is expecting for a guy who has never been a #1 goalie, then they will be in for a rude awakening.

Look for a Halak-type return at the very most.
People keep saying that, but Vancouver's already turned down offers much better than the Halak one.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:40 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
People keep saying that, but Vancouver's already turned down offers much better than the Halak one.
Agree, they turned down Perry who is way more than Eller.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:41 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

IMO Nucks re-sign Schneider for 2 years, $2.5 mil per right after the playoffs.

Let the bidding begin come draft, if it doesn't get there hold him for a year.

I don't get why people don't think teams already know what Schneider will cost... I've long suspected Steve Yzerman is going hard after Schneider, thus all the odd moves to get more and more picks.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:43 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
For Tampa first and Connolly, Montreal could consider sending Price + + and begin a reconstruction. As a Montreal fan, i would do it. Price + Emelin + 2nd from Nashville?

You've got to be joking... Price for a first round pick and Connolly?

Old
02-29-2012, 11:45 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post

That would be an awesome return for Price alone, i would jump on it.

Thats why im willing to give more than Price for first round pick + Connolly.

i need to specify that i expect the pick to be in the 1-7 range.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:46 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
That would be an awesome return for Price alone, i would jump on it.

Thats why im willing to give more than Price for first round pick + Connolly.

i need to specify that i expect the pick to be in the 1-7 range.
*sigh*

No that would not be an awesome return for Price...

Old
02-29-2012, 11:52 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabee88 View Post
In order to get a great young player you must give one up. I'm a fan of both franchises and I don't think this will work. Think the Tampa 1st this year (which could be 5-15) + or Brett Connolly.
Except he needs a contract and what he'll want (more money and ice time) Vancouver won't be really able to offer. A lottery pick and Connolly is unlikely.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:53 PM
palindrom

Quote:
*sigh*

No that would not be an awesome return for Price...
Im just no sure if Price will be willing to stay in Montreal beyond 2015 (UFA) if the Canadiens become a reconstructing losing team.

So trade him now, while his value is at the highest for a top 10 pick and a top prospect... i would do it.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

TB won't give up a first and Connolly. That just won't happen.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Allegedly. I have yet to see any offer that beats the Halak one that was confirmed by Vancouver or any other team as being made and turned down.

But if you can point me to proof, I'd be happy to read it.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Im just no sure if Price will be willing to stay in Montreal beyond 2015 (UFA) if the Canadiens become a reconstructing losing team.

So trade him now, while his value is at the highest for a top 10 pick and a top prospect... i would do it.
Who's to say Montreal is in that position come 2015? Better question, if this scenario took place, why not trade him closer to that date? Price is a RFA. Ask Doughty or Turris how holding out worked? The former eventually signed on LA's terms and the latter had to "suck it up" until Ottawa meant Phoenix's demands. If Price opted for the same, well he would be living Kyle Turris' life in one of the most fickle city's league wide. Hope he has fun.

You do not trade a franchise goaltender for a maybe pick, especially now that Tampa has entered a resurgence. If this were Columbus and we could land Yakupov with their pick, then draft Grigorenko with ours. In that case, I do it and swap Plekanec to pick up Blum and Lindback.

That is basically Price and Plekanec for Yakupov, Blum and Lindback. This we could live with quite happily. Alas, Columbus would never do it.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Prairie Habs

Quote:

But would those players and picks be willing to stay when they are UFA? We should trade them for picks in later drafts so we can have them at a later date.

You want us to trade our franchise player because he may walk in 3 years? I cant even begin to say how stupid of a philosophy that is.

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:09 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
But would those players and picks be willing to stay when they are UFA? We should trade them for picks in later drafts so we can have them at a later date.

You want us to trade our franchise player because he may walk in 3 years? I cant even begin to say how stupid of a philosophy that is.
Usually a top pick give 5-7 year of Service before UFa, and and 2-3 of them on a ELC.

Price will give 3 more season assured before UFA, and next season he should get a salary raise.

Its not a ''he may walk'' if you are Pierre Gauthier right now, you can try to negotiate a long term extension with Price and get a better idea of it. Of course if Price agree to a 10 year extension..its different.

But as a fans... i can only make wild guess on Price intention.. what i am saying is if he doesn't seem interested to stay long term..i would consider trading him.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:

Yzerman would consider it a joke.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:18 AM
keslerburrows

The starting point is Connoly. I thought we established this?

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:19 AM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAC View Post
Just curious how has Brewer been playing?

I've always liked him game in St. Louis but haven't seen him play in Tampa.
Currently our best Dman, played great in the playoffs last year.

This year has been terrible for Tampa's defense as a whole, so it's hard to say any individual is doing well.

The fact that he plays well over 20 mins a game on the worst defensive team in the league and is only at a -2 is actually not to bad.

Count me in as a Brewer fan as well.

Back on topic:

If Schneider is going to cost as much as most Vancouver fans think, then Yzerman will probably pass. I think he will be hesitant to bet the farm on a mostly unproven goalie. There are other good goalie prospects available for a lesser cost (read: lesser risk). If he is going to go big, he's going to get someone already well proven.

I'm not knocking Schneider, he's prob the best available keeper. I just don't see Yzerman overspending.

Also, I would love to steal Price away from the Habs, but I don't see that happening.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:22 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
Yzerman would consider it a joke.
Just for once, for a change, im trying to work on a Proposal for an elite goalie that Tampa Fans could actually agree on instead of saying ''not interested.''

But well, i think its out of The topic of this thread, i should start a Price to Tampa Bay thread for it....So i will stop the Carey Price talk here and lets continue the Schneider to Tampa Talk....

Old
03-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Campoli2Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB4Norris View Post
For the Lightning I say yes. I don't think Vancouver does, though.

I am curious as to what it is going to take to pry Schneider away. He's do for a pay raise, and I'm sure HE wants to be a #1, so I don't know how easy it's going to be for Vancouver to sign him at a decent price. He'll be looking at what, a 3 million dollar payday or something? Can Vancouver justify 8+million in cap room devoted to their back end?

Other than the four untouchables (Stamkos, St. Louis, Vinny, Hedman), what does Vancouver think the price would be?
My most realistic guess is Tampa's 1st plus one of their 2nds, depending on where the picks end up. That's why SY traded Downie for Detroit's 1st, to restock the 1st he plans on trading away.

In the past Gillis has said he didn't want to trade away Schneider for pieces that couldn't immediately contribute, but I think he'll deviate from that philosophy with Schneider's UFA status coming up next summer. Lack also looks more ready to step in as a backup next season than he did this year.

Campoli2Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:33 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
My most realistic guess is Tampa's 1st plus one of their 2nds, depending on where the picks end up. That's why SY traded Downie for Detroit's 1st, to restock the 1st he plans on trading away.

In the past Gillis has said he didn't want to trade away Schneider for pieces that couldn't immediately contribute, but I think he'll deviate from that philosophy with Schneider's UFA status coming up next summer. Lack also looks more ready to step in as a backup next season than he did this year.
I guess you mean Next Next summer. (2013)

I am not sure about the Gillis philosophy to not trade away Schneider for pieces that couldn't immediately contribute hold.

As we have seen in every deadline in history, its easier to trade a pick for immediate help than a goalie.

Just look at the last deadline...

Montreal? For Hall Gill & Kostitsyn want pick + prospect not goalie
Colombus ? Asked pick for Carter
Buffalo ? want pick for Gaustad, no need for a goalie
Tampa Bay ? Want pick for Downie, Yzerman say he will wait at summer for a goalie
St-Louis? was not able to get immediate help for Bishop

You see the pattern? You want immediate Help? trade Schneider for pick + Prospect when you have the opportunity, then flip the pick + Prospect for immediate help at the deadline?

Maybe im wrong, but that's what i would do.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Chaz McNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
I think that if this is the kind of return that Canuck fan is expecting for a guy who has never been a #1 goalie, then they will be in for a rude awakening.

Look for a Halak-type return at the very most.
If you feel this way, then why offer anything for him. Afterall, he's not even a #1 goalie.

I think you, and alot of people, are going to be surprised at what Schneider fetches. Ignore his stats and just watch him play. He's awesome. If the Canucks didn't have the Luongo contract then Cory would definitely be staying.

You should here Ray Ferraro gush about him on a daily basis. Schneider is coveted.

Chaz McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
TB won't give up a first and Connolly. That just won't happen.
Yeah, and the Canucks won't give up a first and Cory Schneider for Tokarski. That just won't happen.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:51 AM
I in the Eye

Personally, I would do two 1st round draft picks... With TB, I would probably do LA's 1st this year, then the TB pick next...

This would be a part of a larger plan to offer sheet Weber big time this summer (huge dollars, one year)... The picks from TB would be to re-stock some of the draft picks I'd lose (assuming Nashville doesn't match)... If Nashville does match, having four 1st rounders in the next two years (2 our own, 2 via Schneider trade) would be fantastic for the organization - where prospect depth is one of the few glaring weaknesses the Canucks have... If trading Schneider, I'd want it to help fill a weakness...

I in the Eye is offline   Reply With Quote