HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Screw Up The Offseason Thread (+QB, -1st Rounders, -$36 Million!)

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Capitlols

vCash: 500
Wrong thread.

Last edited by Capitlols: 03-03-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old
03-03-2012, 11:10 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Some tool on ESPN Radio is saying he is "disgusted" after finding out the bounty system the Saints ran under Williams. His name is Jonathan Coachman and he goes by "The Coach". Turns out he's never coached anything, and he is a former WWE play by play guy. Explains his comments.

But this is the crap that can signal problems for the NFL. Enough fake coaches like this guy run their mouth and spout fake indignation and the NFL will be forced to do something drastic. Sad.

Old
03-03-2012, 12:24 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Some tool on ESPN Radio is saying he is "disgusted" after finding out the bounty system the Saints ran under Williams. His name is Jonathan Coachman and he goes by "The Coach". Turns out he's never coached anything, and he is a former WWE play by play guy. Explains his comments.

But this is the crap that can signal problems for the NFL. Enough fake coaches like this guy run their mouth and spout fake indignation and the NFL will be forced to do something drastic. Sad.
Lol coach is actually pretty good, but he sticks with his wrestling act sometimes. Many sports guys ride the fence. He's always choosing a side to argue. It's simply his shtick...seems to have worked on you.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:18 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Yeah not to pleased when I found out Sleepy got franchised. With Cooley coming back and Paulsen showing signs of being a decent NFL TE last year I would of liked to see Sleepy shown the door. On the bright side, at this point, Sleepy is only garunteed a 1 year deal if he takes the franchise money.
Not sure if serious? You're actually advocating letting our most talented offensive player walk in FA? The franchise tag was the perfect move. Give him a year to prove he's worthy of a contract. If somebody signs him now, they owe us 2 1st rounders.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:20 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
If I was the NFL, I would seriously consider suspending Williams for a year. That's two times, two different programs. Seeing how serious the NFL has become about injuries, a coach implemented system to actually purposely hurt the opposition for cash rewards. They should nail him to the cross.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him get Pete Rose'd.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:11 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddysPub View Post
Not sure if serious? You're actually advocating letting our most talented offensive player walk in FA? The franchise tag was the perfect move. Give him a year to prove he's worthy of a contract. If somebody signs him now, they owe us 2 1st rounders.
Most talented offensive player? He is a tight end. A tight end that isn't a very good blocker, yet. Add to it he is one puff, snort, or shot away from a year suspension. Yeah I would of been fine seeing him move on. I feel the same way about Trent Williams, but cutting him loose would be to expensive. That, and young LT prospects are harder to come by than TE's of Sleepy's caliber.

I can live with a player getting suspended for on field stuff, but I have an issue with players that get pinched for off field BS.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:14 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Lol coach is actually pretty good, but he sticks with his wrestling act sometimes. Many sports guys ride the fence. He's always choosing a side to argue. It's simply his shtick...seems to have worked on you.
Yeah I know its his job, but the way he said it was way over the top. He's the type that would go on and on about a fabulous hit/block, but then he is "disgusted" by players getting bonuses for big/dirty hits? I find it hypocritical.

Steve Czaban is another of the same mold, but he doesn't go around calling himself "Coach" either.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Most talented offensive player? He is a tight end. A tight end that isn't a very good blocker, yet. Add to it he is one puff, snort, or shot away from a year suspension. Yeah I would of been fine seeing him move on. I feel the same way about Trent Williams, but cutting him loose would be to expensive. That, and young LT prospects are harder to come by than TE's of Sleepy's caliber.

I can live with a player getting suspended for on field stuff, but I have an issue with players that get pinched for off field BS.
Neither is Aaron Hernandez. Fred is a hybrid and matchup nightmare for other teams, I'm fine with the franchise tag. Either way Cooley was supposed to be the blocker.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:21 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Neither is Aaron Hernandez. Fred is a hybrid and matchup nightmare for other teams, I'm fine with the franchise tag. Either way Cooley was supposed to be the blocker.
Thats great but the Skins don't run the same offense as the Patriots. Not even close.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:31 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

The Patriots have a what? OFFENSIVE LINE. heh.

03-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Thats great but the Skins don't run the same offense as the Patriots. Not even close.
O...k.

The point is Fred is very much an offensive weapon. The franchise tag doesnt offer much risk anyway.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
The Patriots have a what? OFFENSIVE LINE. heh.
I'm a proponent for adressing the o-line first, people are so polarized by RGIII.

Old
03-03-2012, 04:56 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
O...k.

The point is Fred is very much an offensive weapon. The franchise tag doesnt offer much risk anyway.
He is, and if he didn't get pinched twice for pot I would love to have him on the team. Reality is he did get pinched twice for pot, and a third gets him gone for a full season. IMO, right now Sleepy's talent doesn't offset the fact he is one puff away from a 1 year suspension.

Shanahan's offense is run first, and a good TE for the Skins is one that is an offensive threat and an average and above blocker. That isn't Sleepy, yet, so losing him wouldn't be a big loss to me.

The silver lining for me is Sleepy will be on a 1 year deal. If he takes the next step as an NFL TE I will gradly say I am wrong. He needs to take that next step first though.

Quote:
I'm a proponent for adressing the o-line first, people are so polarized by RGIII.
The entire offensive side of the ball needs an upgrade in talent. Priority being QB, O-line, WR, RB, and TE.

Old
03-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
He is, and if he didn't get pinched twice for pot I would love to have him on the team. Reality is he did get pinched twice for pot, and a third gets him gone for a full season.

Shanahan's offense is run first, and a good TE for the Skins is one that is an offensive threat and an average and above blocker. That isn't Sleepy, yet, so losing him wouldn't be a big loss to me.

The entire offensive side of the ball needs an upgrade in talent. Priority being QB, O-line, WR, RB, and TE.
Again its a 1 year deal, no risk, you act as if hes here for term. You should be more worried about the silverback if year long suspensions are of concern, and hes here for term.

Shanny isnt a run first guy, dont know where you got that. Hell, people critiqued him for not running enough.

I use the Hernandez parallel b/c thats what Fred is, a hybrid TE. A mismatch for defenses, blocking isnt essential for what hes being asked to do...thats where Cooley comes in.

Old
03-03-2012, 05:41 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yeah I know its his job, but the way he said it was way over the top. He's the type that would go on and on about a fabulous hit/block, but then he is "disgusted" by players getting bonuses for big/dirty hits? I find it hypocritical.

Steve Czaban is another of the same mold, but he doesn't go around calling himself "Coach" either.
To be fair the whole subject it hypocritical. This type of system has been in place in football at all levels since the beginning of time.

As a young kid or in college, players get stickers on their helmets for big hits, big plays. In the NFL its simply like gambling to the players. I've listened to some NFL guys talk about it all the last few days. They all said the same thing. No system like that is going to make guys go out and hit harder or do something dirty to earn a grand or 2. The possible fines trump any small cash reward they might win from the pool. Besides they all hinted that you're always trying to knock a guy out of the game, just not seriously hurt them.

Coach is his nickname that others call him. Jonathan Coachman is his real name. It's his radio schtick. Much more likeable than a lot of others I've heard.

Old
03-03-2012, 05:45 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I thought he was a breakout guy last year. I'm excited to see him with a talented QB. Hopefully he realizes that his career is in jeopardy if he slips up again.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:53 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Slowly but surely it appears momentum is building to get the Skins to relocate their training facility to DC. This article is 3 days old, but good news. Well good news for folk like me that would benefit from having the Skins training facility out of that black hole that is Norther VA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...klR_story.html

Old
03-04-2012, 04:09 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

If the Skins end up losing their first rounder over this Williams-gate...it would be so typical of the organization...

Old
03-04-2012, 05:16 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Slowly but surely it appears momentum is building to get the Skins to relocate their training facility to DC. This article is 3 days old, but good news. Well good news for folk like me that would benefit from having the Skins training facility out of that black hole that is Norther VA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...klR_story.html
F that....that's hole has most of the money in Nova and is 5 mins from my house!

The HOLE is where the Fedex is. Besides going to a Skins practice has to be the biggest non-event I've ever attended.

Old
03-04-2012, 05:17 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
If the Skins end up losing their first rounder over this Williams-gate...it would be so typical of the organization...
Yes it would...but, rest assured, the investigation wouldn't be done in time for the draft. The Skins should go ahead and pull the trigger on the two 1st rounders before anything can get taken away....lol.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...skins-bounties

Old
03-04-2012, 07:31 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
F that....that's hole has most of the money in Nova and is 5 mins from my house!

The HOLE is where the Fedex is. Besides going to a Skins practice has to be the biggest non-event I've ever attended.
I used black hole because every time I go into Northern VA for work I get caught in so much BS road construction if feels like I am trapped in a black hole with no hope of escape.

Moving the Skins training facility to the same side of DC as their stadium makes sense for a number of reason. Proximity to FedEx being #1. Proximity to my house being #2.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

If/when they move the stadium downtown, the training facility makes a lot of sense there.

I didn't realize the facilities were so old in Ashburn. Seems like they're always building something over there.

Old
03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
If/when they move the stadium downtown, the training facility makes a lot of sense there.

I didn't realize the facilities were so old in Ashburn. Seems like they're always building something over there.
Well apparently Tampa Bay has a nice, new, facility they built towards the end of Allen's time there, and Allen took a bunch of DC Govt. folk down there for a tour recently in an effort to drum up support.

And FedEx isn't the only facility the Skins have that is sorely out dated. Redskins Park is 20 years old, and a number of other teams have brand new training facilities with indoor practice fields built into their facilities, not bubbles. The Crows, Browns, Jets, and Bucs come to mind. And training facilites are a factor in attracting FA's to a club.

The location adjacent to RFK is significant primarily because it would signal that the odds the Skins move back into DC to a new stadium is high. The Skins are tied into some lease with FedEx till 2027, not sure what the lease is on since LiL Danny owns the stadium. Build a training facility next to RFK, take RFK down, and by 2027, or sooner, build a new state of the art facility on the RFK site and the Skins are back in DC where they belong.

And everything will be on my side of the beltway.

Old
03-04-2012, 08:11 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Well I'll be pulling for them to stay here until the Stadium move happens. I lived in my first townhouse in Ashburn 200ft from Chris Samuel's townhouse in the late 90s. Cool to have it in your backyard and see those guys out and about the area sometimes.

Old
03-05-2012, 09:47 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Well I'll be pulling for them to stay here until the Stadium move happens. I lived in my first townhouse in Ashburn 200ft from Chris Samuel's townhouse in the late 90s. Cool to have it in your backyard and see those guys out and about the area sometimes.
With the new bubble I would say the Skins stay in Ashburn for at least the next 5 years, probably longer. I am sure that bubble wasn't cheap. Just like with those new HD boards at FedEx, LiL Danny will want to get his money's worth out of those significant financial investments.

Add to it PG County gets first dibs on negotiating to host a new facility, and no matter where the new facility goes local governments will be involved to gum up the process, a new training facility is at least 10 years away.

You are safe, for now.

Closed Thread