HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Schultzy Ain't Too Shabby - Oilers lose 5-2

Old
03-01-2012, 12:33 AM
dobiezeke*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
I've backed Tambi so far but if he re-signs Barker, I will be on the "fire Tambi" bandwagon.
Tambo may have made some bad decisions in the past but their is no way he is considering signing Barker after this year....please?

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
Any harm in starting Danis for the most the remaining games? I mean, season is a wash, might as well see what he can do.

I miss JDD. He was solid, and vastly superior to DD.
I want Danis back in OKC asap. The Barons need to go on a run and he's been the best goaltender in the AHL all season.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight414 View Post
Every time Barker steps on to the Ice, I wonder how on earth he was drafted 3rd overall behind Malkin and Ovechkin
This is the perfect example of why we shouldn't reach if we get the 2nd overall pick. At the top of the draft, you take the BPA every time.

At that draft, Barker was pretty well-regarded. It wasn't a reach or anything. Just imagine if Pittsburgh had reasoned that they had strength at center so they should just take a defenseman.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:34 AM
shiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post
Barker should not have pinched period. There was no chance of backup there, and a very little chance that pinch would have been successful.
On the other hand, it would have been a 2 on 1, with barker covering, so it was a goal anyway.

BTW, Dubi should have stopped that one as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhu111 View Post
Danis was sent down right after the game khabi is good to go
Damn. No way Danis will resign with this team now. Good god, what a nightmare if we get stuck with Habby AND Barker next year as well.

shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:35 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I want Danis back in OKC asap. The Barons need to go on a run and he's been the best goaltender in the AHL all season.
Agree - let him go back down to what he has helped create, that being a winning franchise in OKC.

No one should miss JDD - the rest of the NHL doesn't.

Old
Q Continuum
The trial never ends

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Good point, it would be nice for some winning in this organization.

I'm pissed we traded Deslauriers. Like I said, I think he is better than Dubnyk.

Q Continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
awesomo
HARD!

Danis got sent down

Khabby is suddenly healthy

lol thats not fishy

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:37 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Damn. No way Danis will resign with this team now. Good god, what a nightmare if we get stuck with Habby AND Barker next year as well.
Danis was called up because we only had one goalie. That is what happens with all 30 teams...not sure why being sent back down would have any impact on his decision to sign with the Oilers going forward.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Qrispy

Quote:
I'd rather have Khabi in net than Dubnyk. This team will be ****ed if Khabi is traded when we still don't have an established #1.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:38 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Danis got sent down

Khabby is suddenly healthy

lol thats not fishy
Khabbi apparently stated he was good to go a couple of games ago. Therefore the callup from OKC gets sent back down...how is that fishy?

Old
03-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Soundwave

I don't really get the Khabby hate. He's played well this year, a .914 save percentage given his salary is more than getting your money's worth. Burke should've made a play for him at the deadline IMO. Duby has pooped the bed given extended playing time.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:40 AM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

It should be a priority to sign an nhl defenceman in the off season. Potter is a #7 at best, Barker does not belong in this league. Our top 4 is pretty servicable when healthy but we need real nhl players in that bottom pairing.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:40 AM
AK Dandyman

Does Barker has the skill but just doesn't care? Or is he just a guy with zero hockey's sense?

AK Dandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Burtch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Dandyman View Post
Does Barker has the skill but just doesn't care? Or is he just a guy with zero hockey's sense?
From where I'm standing? Both.

Burtch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Triple H line was out for all of the first St Louis goals and were -2 on the night. Pretty terrible outing for that line and by a Blues club that just schooled bad habits.

The clinical execution by the Blues tonight was on half the chances we gave the Jets the other night.

Whenever this team gets one hint of success fat heads prevail and they get caught time and again.

A lot of go to players on this club have to eventually look in the mirror and realize they need to focus on all ends of the ice. Or its going to be a long time before this club gets better.

Scored on at home in the first minute. Not a good thing. This one was over before people made it in their seats.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
VanCanFanEDM

Ice time...

Has anyone figured out how this coaching staff is giving out ice time?? Consistenly this team plays its "worse" players... They just won't go away from it.. Its bizarre to watch.

S.

VanCanFanEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Q Continuum
The trial never ends

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanFanEDM View Post
Has anyone figured out how this coaching staff is giving out ice time?? Consistenly this team plays its "worse" players... They just won't go away from it.. Its bizarre to watch.

S.
We're all asking the same question.

Q Continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Section337
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Dandyman View Post
His actions usually seem somewhat delayed. Not a lot natural happens with his play, when it does he can have good moments, but the rest of the league is too good for him to find those moments.

Section337 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Tambo may have made some bad decisions in the past but their is no way he is considering signing Barker after this year....please?
He already extended the other half of the worst pairing in the NHL. Why not sign Barker as well?

OilerTyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:49 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
He already extended the other half of the worst pairing in the NHL. Why not sign Barker as well?
The other half of that pairing is considerably more competent in his role than Barker.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:50 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Blues fan coming in peace:

I think this game was a lot closer than the score. Your young guns had me out of my seat a couple of times with their crazy hockey sense and passing.

With the trade for Schultz, your defense should be more balanced than it has been the past couple of seasons.

Having ridden the goal-tending carousel several times as a Blues fan, I hope you guys get a quality net-minder soon. Dubnyk let in some soft goals tonight, and if he didn't I don't see how the Blues pull this one out.

Anyhow, best of luck in the future. (Except when playing my Blues... )

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Section337
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanFanEDM View Post

S.
2 minutes on PP versus 10 minutes of killed PK time makes the numbers from tonight look worse, despite the skill guys having the most ES time.

Section337 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
This is the perfect example of why we shouldn't reach if we get the 2nd overall pick. At the top of the draft, you take the BPA every time.

At that draft, Barker was pretty well-regarded. It wasn't a reach or anything. Just imagine if Pittsburgh had reasoned that they had strength at center so they should just take a defenseman.
Weren't there question marks about his commitment?

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:52 AM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
Good point, it would be nice for some winning in this organization.

I'm pissed we traded Deslauriers. Like I said, I think he is better than Dubnyk.
JDD is too weak mentally which is why they let him go. Dubnyk is calm...too calm to the point he has no sense of urgency for any situation

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Wheatking

As bad as Barker was...Petry was equally good. He didn't play a perfect game but he just seems to be getting better and better.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote