Hammer Slammer
Danish Dash

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
oh man even that nickname

watch out with that one
Weeeeell, if he says it's okay I'll let it fly. Some of the nicknames were getting vulgar.

Old
03-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Gabriel Landeskog

vCash: 500
anyone know if Clitsome is making his debut tonight?

Old
03-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Grant will not be making my... Err his debut tonight.

Old
03-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by castle View Post
a lot of game days i go on ticketmaster jsut to see what I'd be able to get if I had a lot more money. this afternoon, there were 2 sets of 2 in 120, a pair in 206, a pair in 127, and single right behind the attack zone goal.
I sold my ticket for tonight's game because I was first in our group for playoffs, so to afford the possible playoff tickets I decided to sell this one off, very risky business

Old
03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
PensFan6687

I always get rid of my tickets. Can't go to every game. Just happy to be in a position to have 4 seats on my account, under my name.

But yeah, I can't afford it... more-like, I don't want to. Nice watching it free on TV. But some games I have to be in person for.

Old
03-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
I always get rid of my tickets. Can't go to every game. Just happy to be in a position to have 4 seats on my account, under my name.

But yeah, I can't afford it... more-like, I don't want to. Nice watching it free on TV. But some games I have to be in person for.
My God, I thought you were dead.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:06 PM
PaperRockChamp

Half-season.. I don't have tix for this game..

On Kijiji, someone said they'd sell 2 to me @ sec 328 row 12 for $90 for the pair.. I say ok, i'll come get them.. Then they text back 20 mins later saying they want $300 for the pair.. nice.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
Half-season.. I don't have tix for this game..

On Kijiji, someone said they'd sell 2 to me @ sec 328 row 12 for $90 for the pair.. I say ok, i'll come get them.. Then they text back 20 mins later saying they want $300 for the pair.. nice.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
ps241
Jets will fly 4 Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post

I am not intending to troll but I thought you were only a Pens fan and not a Jets fan (am i wrong on that)? I say that because there is know way I would pay $300 (2 tickets) to watch Ottawa and Florida play hockey or any two teams than didn't involve Winnipeg. Once again I am not knocking you for your team choice just curious why you would drop cash on to watch teams you don't like?

Old
03-01-2012, 04:54 PM
South Beach

Some of you guys have waited all year for Jones to have a bad game and then you treat him like this. Shame of you! All of them have had bad games and cost us games but certainly not treated like you are treating him. How many times have I read about Stuart, Hainsey, Toby and Buff having terrible games. Jones has actually been one of the most reliable defencemen. Give the guy a break!

Old
03-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
Some of you guys have waited all year for Jones to have a bad game and then you treat him like this. Shame of you! All of them have had bad games and cost us games but certainly not treated like you are treating him. How many times have I read about Stuart, Hainsey, Toby and Buff having terrible games. Jones has actually been one of the most reliable defencemen. Give the guy a break!
Jones has had ALOT more than one bad game...he also brings absolutely nothing else to the table, so any mistake costs us that much worse. He has not been more relaible than anyone else, in fact he is less so, which is why he is so very very often the healthy scratch. He is what he is, a #7 that needs to be sheltered. He wasn't last game, and it showed. I am hoping we have 6 guys now that can bring solid talent to the table, and Flood as the extra man, Jones needs not be back in the lineup ever.

Old
03-01-2012, 05:03 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm a Jones supporter, but he brings less to the table then others. Meaning his mistakes are more costly.

Old
03-01-2012, 05:03 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Treat him like what? For me, I find him a servicable if uninspiring d-man - that's not a bad thing! However, his last game was not good, in my opinion. Unfortunately, he also didn't get bailed out by Pavs, as Pavs was having a mortal day.

Buff puts points on the board (as do a couple of the other d-men) - for me, that forgives a mistake or two here or there. Jones? Not so much: if he's not playing shutdown style defense, and is giving up opportunities that results in goals, he's certainly not going to be someone who contributes offensively to make up for those mistakes.

Stuart? He brings a physical presense that I don't see in Jones - he certainly has his issues from time to time, but you can't question his compete level. Blocking shots or laying out hits, he contributes immensely.

Jones seems like a nice enough guy, but with the talent being developed in St Johns, plus Flood and Clitsome, I honestly hope that this season is it for Jones.

(Is Jet around? Hope he doesn't read this. )

Old
03-01-2012, 05:05 PM
sixty minute hockey

With Bogo back are the Jets going with 7 defense-men to help ease Bogo back into the line up or are they going with 6 d-men, and if they are going with 6 d-men who is sitting, Jones or Flood?

Edit: never mind just looked on tsn.

Last edited by sixty minute hockey: 03-01-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Looked at TSN
Old
03-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Jet would actually agree with you YWGinYYZ.

I think that says a lot about who many of us have faith in lately. While Jones has filled in fine for the most part imo, he's not someone the Jets should be dressing every night. While I was happy with the return Chevy got for Oduya, I instantly worried that while Zach was out they'd be stuck with a Jones-Flood 3rd pairing.

Now that the Zach attack is back (jack), they can put Stuart where he belongs which is anchoring the bottom pairing and Flood alongside him which makes me much more comfortable.

Old
03-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

Quote:
I have never read anything negative about Stuart. Jones is getting off easy compared to Buff, there have been countless threads just on him alone.
I think you may be over reacting a little

Old
03-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Pokeys

Psyched to be going to the game tonight. Been a while. Not since the Decemeber 3rd game vs the Devils. Please get this W boys!

Old
03-01-2012, 05:32 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Jet would actually agree with you YWGinYYZ.

I think that says a lot about who many of us have faith in lately. While Jones has filled in fine for the most part imo, he's not someone the Jets should be dressing every night. While I was happy with the return Chevy got for Oduya, I instantly worried that while Zach was out they'd be stuck with a Jones-Flood 3rd pairing.

Now that the Zach attack is back (jack), they can put Stuart where he belongs which is anchoring the bottom pairing and Flood alongside him which makes me much more comfortable.
Agree. I'm actually OK with either a Stuart - Flood OR Stuart - Jones pairing. Just stay away from a Flood - Jones pairing, please.

I think I opined in the Oilers GDT that it should be an "exciting" pairing, and not necessarily in a good way. Alas, we saw what happened.

Old
03-01-2012, 05:33 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Great GDT! Cheering for the Jets to make the playoffs too, lets show everyone how "weak" the SE is Best of luck the rest of the season, and see you in the EC final

Old
03-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Great GDT! Cheering for the Jets to make the playoffs too, lets show everyone how "weak" the SE is Best of luck the rest of the season, and see you in the EC final
Well said.

Old
03-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
I have seen Enstrom, Buff, and Hainsey slagged off way more than Jones.

Old
03-01-2012, 05:50 PM
MadMen88

This is it Winnipeg! THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
I don't need to say how big of game this is.

I'm pumped Zachy Goj is back.

Go Jets Go!

Old
03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Hammer Slammer
Danish Dash

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer

Old
03-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Jones is the worst player on this team. I don't understand why anybody would try to defend him. Worse so is the fact that Flyers and Kings fans said the same thing when he played for them.

Just can't wait til he's gone. I certainly agree with Holden Caulfield that he should never play another game in a Jets uniform again, especially after he giftwrapped the Oilers game for them.

Closed Thread