HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #65 -- Blues at Vancouver -- Battle For First Overall

Old
03-01-2012, 01:22 PM
EOM

vCash: 500
I wasn't able to see the Edmonton game but there's no way I'm missing his one. I think the Blues will be fired up, but they may not have their legs.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

Vancouver has lost 2 in a row.. I looked at their schedule and they are 7-0 after 2-game losing streaks.

Meanwhile...

The Blues are 0-5-1 when at 4-game winning streaks, which they have right now.

Hopefully both streaks will be broken tonight.. which would mean a Blues win!!

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:28 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Do you know where Hensick will slot in? I know he's having a great year in the AHL but I have no clue if he has the capacity to be a good offensive player in the NHL. Isn't he something like 2nd in the AHL in assists behind Keith Aucoin?
He would probably play on the 4th for Reaves, just a guess though

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuDi View Post
Vancouver has lost 2 in a row.. I looked at their schedule and they are 7-0 after 2-game losing streaks.

Meanwhile...

The Blues are 0-5-1 when at 4-game winning streaks, which they have right now.

Hopefully both streaks will be broken tonight.. which would mean a Blues win!!
Vancouver cracked their most impressive streak on this road trip. They were something like 24-0-0 when leading after 2 periods. They lead in both of their last two games after 2, and lost both in extra time (OT to Dallas, SO to Phoenix).

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:35 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Last time the Blues played Vancouver it was following a four-game winning streak and the Blues dominated the entire game outshooting, outchancing every period. Weak call at the end gave a 4-on-3 in OT which is automatic for Canucks and even automaticker when one of those three immediately breaks his stick.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:39 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Do you know where Hensick will slot in? I know he's having a great year in the AHL but I have no clue if he has the capacity to be a good offensive player in the NHL. Isn't he something like 2nd in the AHL in assists behind Keith Aucoin?
I would guess that he'll be spotted minutes on the 3rd line with Arnott and Sobotka.

I haven't seen much of him this year, but based on past viewings I would say that he has the vision, hands, and IQ to keep up with talented players (much better than the average AHL call-up, anyway). His overall game, though, just isn't up to par for a regular NHL job. He might get 30 points or so with regular duty and PP time on a bad team, but he won't really bring much else to the table, and he'll be a liability physically and defensively. Not quite good enough to justify regular PP time on a good team, and not quite good enough to generate as much offense as he should to justify a top 6 role, and not nearly enough impact on the game when not scoring to earn a bottom 6 job.

I'll be interested to see how he looks this year, but I'm not expecting much honestly.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:44 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Is it confirmed Hensick is playing?

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
No it's not. It's just speculation at this point. Hitch did say he'll play in one of the next two games though along with Ian Cole

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:07 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Nice GDT!

As a Vancouver fan it will be interesting to see the new players Påhlsson and Kassian for the first time after training with the team. Besides that, a battle for first overall can't be missed - I'll watch even if its early in the morning. To bad that Steen is out, I haven't watched him in a while.
pre-work early-morning NHL hockey? I`m in!

I like the 2 new faces on your team, I think/fear they`ll fit well.

frostyflo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post

I'm cautiously optimistic on Kassian, but boy, has there ever been a lot of talk about giving up Hodgson.

All things considered, both Kassian and Pahlsson had solid Canuck debuts the other night. Gragnani looks to be drawing in tonight on the third pairing, so we could see him get some 2nd unit PP time (if the 2nd unit PP sees the ice, that is )

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Caustic

I'm going to call a Vancouver win just because the Blues played last night and because their road record isn't that great on a general whole.

If it was a the Scottrade Center and if it was Vancouver on their 2nd of back-to-back, I would've called a Blues win.

Regardless, should be a great game!

Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Cheekier

Canuck fan here. Couple of points:

1. Incredible GDT -- really great work!
2. Words that make me smile... "Steen's out"
3. Welcome, Blues, to the elite of the NHL -- it's been a while!

Looking forward to a great game. Hoping the Blues are tired at the end of their road stretch and back-to-back games, -- predicting 3-2 'Nucks. Unless, of course, it goes to a shootout, where I gotta give it to Elliott.

Cheekier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekier View Post
Canuck fan here. Couple of points:

1. Incredible GDT -- really great work!
2. Words that make me smile... "Steen's out"
3. Welcome, Blues, to the elite of the NHL -- it's been a while!

Looking forward to a great game. Hoping the Blues are tired at the end of their road stretch and back-to-back games, -- predicting 3-2 'Nucks. Unless, of course, it goes to a shootout, where I gotta give it to Elliott.
thanks for some kind words and I guess I know how you mean point 2 but smile when a player is out longterm is not the best way to say hello to us, especially such a classy guy like Steener

frostyflo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Cheekier

Quote:
thanks for some kind words and I guess I know how you mean point 2 but smile when a player is out longterm is not the best way to say hello to us, especially such a classy guy like Steener

Apology extended, -- certainly no disrespect intended. I'm sure you can appreciate that Steen is an absolute Canuck-killer. I wish him a speedy recovery -- concussions suck.

Old
03-01-2012, 03:21 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

One thing I like about this game for the Blues is that this is Vancouver's first home game after a six game road trip that took them through three time zones all the way to New Jersey.

There is ALWAYS a letdown in that first home game back, moreso in the first 20 minutes of the game. Claude Julien had a quote after the Bruins loss to the Senators the other night about this topic...how there's nothing really a coach can do. They can say all the right things but it always happens.

After a long trip, Boston had no legs through the first 40 minutes of the game then turned it up in the final period and outshot Ottawa 17-7 but it was too late and the Sens won 1-0.

What I like about this situation for the Blues is they have shown to be an excellent first period team.

The Blues trailed after the first period one time in 15 February games and that came on February 4th in Nashville. So they haven't trailed after 20 minutes in their last 13 games while outscoring the opposition 19-8 in first periods over that time including 6-1 on this road trip.

I think Luongo's biggest test will come in the first period tonight and the Blues will have some chances that they need to convert. That will give the Blues some breathing room when Vancouver starts to find its game.

TheOrganist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 03:41 PM
STLhockey91*

Quote:
hey, i took it as a compliment. of course he'd really want steen to be healthy, but he's just thankful that the canucks don't have to play him

STLhockey91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
OhNoLookOutRUN

Tired of showing up at work late and exhausted (not hungover, I swear) from these 9pm starts. Gonna get fired soon.

OhNoLookOutRUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Cheekier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman1707 View Post
hey, i took it as a compliment. of course he'd really want steen to be healthy, but he's just thankful that the canucks don't have to play him
All true, -- but exchange "he" for "she".

Old
03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:

Yes, it is actually nice to get up early, brew some coffee, watch hockey and not having the family around. If the team plays well it is ok, even if they lose, but one curse oneself if one gets up early in the morning and the team does not show up equally dedicated.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:27 PM
trevorftw
Voice of Reason

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoLookOutRUN View Post
Tired of showing up at work late and exhausted (not hungover, I swear) from these 9pm starts. Gonna get fired soon.
Get DVR! it's pretty bad ass.

trevorftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
Yeah, but then he'd have to wait like 18 hours to watch the game. For me that would be pretty brutal, as I don't like knowing the outcome of the game and it would be pretty difficult to avoid all hockey sites for a day, to make sure I didn't see the score.

Unless you mean that he should DVR, get some sleep, wake up an hour and a half early and watch the condensed version?

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Yeah, but then he'd have to wait like 18 hours to watch the game. For me that would be pretty brutal, as I don't like knowing the outcome of the game and it would be pretty difficult to avoid all hockey sites for a day, to make sure I didn't see the score.

Unless you mean that he should DVR, get some sleep, wake up an hour and a half early and watch the condensed version?
This is what I do for every game (DVR, avoid finding out the result until I watch it). In the middle of New Mexico, its not hard to avoid hearing NHL scores.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:41 PM
OhNoLookOutRUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorftw View Post
Get DVR! it's pretty bad ass.
I don't pay for any tv service. I wouldn't watch anything but hockey games, and I've got plenty of other ways to do that. Either stream it or go to Hot Shots and gain ten pounds with a Menace Burger every away game.

OhNoLookOutRUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:01 PM
GTHP95

I didn't think the game was going to be that exciting until I read your GTD.
Blues are hot and Canucks are fizzling.
Measuring stick game for Blues.
Canucks need to polish their game.
Who will take it? 5-2 Canucks or 3-0 Blues.

GTHP95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Mike Liut

I would feel much about this game if the Blues didn't play last night. I would really like to know their schedule after a late game like that, such as what time did they arrive in Vancouver, how much sleep did they get, and if they have a pre game skate, and if so, what time ?

Inquiring minds want to know these things.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote