HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Around the NHL II

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2012, 09:51 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
The obese woman has gone looking for her pitch pipe. What a performance by the Kings tonight.

Old
06-05-2012, 08:03 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Looks like Luongo to the Leafs at the draft is going to happen. Lindback to Tampa for their 2nd?

Old
06-05-2012, 09:20 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Looks like Luongo to the Leafs at the draft is going to happen. Lindback to Tampa for their 2nd?
wow... Lou is really going to OK a deal that would send him to one of the only markets more demanding and pressure packed than Vancouver??

that has EPIC FAIL/CRASH AND BURN written all over it...

Old
06-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Im sensing Bryz 2.0 over in Toronto if that trade happens.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:53 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
wow... Lou is really going to OK a deal that would send him to one of the only markets more demanding and pressure packed than Vancouver??

that has EPIC FAIL/CRASH AND BURN written all over it...

I think he will be ok there. I think in Vancouver, because they were a very very good team, the pressure cracked most of the team. In Toronto, I think there will be less pressure to win, at leat at first, as at this point, I think most leaf fans will be happy making the playoffs.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:03 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I think he will be ok there. I think in Vancouver, because they were a very very good team, the pressure cracked most of the team. In Toronto, I think there will be less pressure to win, at leat at first, as at this point, I think most leaf fans will be happy making the playoffs.
I agree that initially, if he gets them in the playoffs, it will be good enough, but immediately afterwards the pressure to win a Cup will skyrocket...

Old
06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I agree that initially, if he gets them in the playoffs, it will be good enough, but immediately afterwards the pressure to win a Cup will skyrocket...
I agree. I think with him in net they can make the playoffs. It is when those kids develop-the kadri's colbournes, gardiners, etc is when the pressure will be there.

Old
06-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Top 6 Spaling

In Phoenix, Bryz had a defensive system that was goalie-friendly. He lost that in Philly and look what happened.

Lu has been playing behind Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, (for awhile) Erhoff, etc. in Vancouver, plus he has Kesler, Burrows, and other very good defensive forwards. Suddenly, he goes to Toronto, where their best D men are Phaneuf, Gardiner, Schenn, etc. Once Gunnarr/Schenn/Gardiner develop, Lu will be fine. He just has to survive until then.

Old
06-05-2012, 11:56 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
In Phoenix, Bryz had a defensive system that was goalie-friendly. He lost that in Philly and look what happened.

Lu has been playing behind Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, (for awhile) Erhoff, etc. in Vancouver, plus he has Kesler, Burrows, and other very good defensive forwards. Suddenly, he goes to Toronto, where their best D men are Phaneuf, Gardiner, Schenn, etc. Once Gunnarr/Schenn/Gardiner develop, Lu will be fine. He just has to survive until then.
here is the other side to that, and it is just a theory of mine:

In Vancouver, he didn't see too many pucks as Vancouver controls the puck and he sees 20-25 shots a game. The games where he looks all world is where he sees 35 shots or so. Kinda reminds of Pekka in that respect. Pekka only sees 25 shotsa, we seem to crap the bed and he is terrible. He sees a lot of pucks, gets in a groove. I am sure it is a goalie thing, as even our beer league goalie gets bored and lets softies by, but let him see 10 pucks a period and he is fine.

Old
06-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
here is the other side to that, and it is just a theory of mine:

In Vancouver, he didn't see too many pucks as Vancouver controls the puck and he sees 20-25 shots a game. The games where he looks all world is where he sees 35 shots or so. Kinda reminds of Pekka in that respect. Pekka only sees 25 shotsa, we seem to crap the bed and he is terrible. He sees a lot of pucks, gets in a groove. I am sure it is a goalie thing, as even our beer league goalie gets bored and lets softies by, but let him see 10 pucks a period and he is fine.
As a goalie, I can totally confirm this for about 85% of goalies. Guess we'll see if Luongo fits that mold or not.

I gotta give it to you, that was an excellent counterpoint. Rare to see that on this forum, but that was well played.

Old
06-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I think you are right about facing shots, I think you are wrong about Lu's ability to keep things together under pressure.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:50 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

The Glendale city council approved the lease deal for Jamison. Now it just has to hold up in court... and Jamison has to get his backers together to buy the team... oh boy.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:17 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Even though the Devils pick next to last in the round, they still chose not to use this year to give up the pick. Stupid.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I'm thinking that Lou is hoping to trade up in the draft. He might not be very confident with his ability to re-sign Parise, so he could want to package his 1st and the rights to Parise for a higher pick. Unfortunately, we don't have a first rounder, and if we did it wouldn't be high enough.

Or maybe he wants to package the first and the rights to Parise for a roster player. Who knows? I'm just speculating anyway

Old
06-13-2012, 11:31 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm thinking that Lou is hoping to trade up in the draft. He might not be very confident with his ability to re-sign Parise, so he could want to package his 1st and the rights to Parise for a higher pick. Unfortunately, we don't have a first rounder, and if we did it wouldn't be high enough.

Or maybe he wants to package the first and the rights to Parise for a roster player. Who knows? I'm just speculating anyway
would be awesome if Radulov wanted to play with kovalchik. Could just swap rights

Old
06-14-2012, 08:13 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Goldwater is suing the City of Glendale. More dark clouds ahead for Yotes fans.

Old
06-15-2012, 12:07 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
not unexpected, but to be close enough to having a buyer that someone has to sue to stop it is actually a much brighter place than they have been for much of the last two years.

hopefully the judge in the case won't let it drag on and scare away the potential buyers

Old
06-15-2012, 01:37 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
We've known it was coming for months; it was really just a matter of passing the AMF.

Goldwater is suing because they believe the COG has withheld important documents regarding the lease deal with the Coyotes. Those documents are believed to show that the AMF would be a violation of Arizona's so-called "Gift Clause," which is designed to prevent large public handouts to private entities. If the GWI wins this suit (the first hearing is Tuesday), they'll sue again for violation of the Gift Clause, and they'll probably win that. (I would love to see Glendale argue that the returns are not "grossly disproportionate" to the investment in the team.)

If that happens, the NHL is SOL in Arizona. They might be, regardless; Jamison is having a hard time rounding up the money to buy the team. If the suits come in rapid succession, the team could be without a lease in the middle of free agency...

Old
06-15-2012, 07:20 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

As much as I don't want to see ANY team relocated, it's a real mess there. As badly as I wanted the Thrash to stay, I never wanted it to go so far as to hit the city's budget. What a mess.

Old
06-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Top 6 Spaling

If I'm a UFA, I'm sure not interesting in Phoenix right now.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:03 AM
NshPredFan

Quote:
If I'm a UFA, I'm sure not interesting in Phoenix right now.
Some of their UFA's might not be interested in them at the moment either.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NshPredFan View Post
Some of their UFA's might not be interested in them at the moment either.
Shane Doan in a preds jersey....

*wakes up from dream*

Old
06-15-2012, 11:47 AM
NshPredFan

Quote:
Shane Doan in a preds jersey....

*wakes up from dream*
Considering the current state of things in AZ and the fact that we know he can play "Predator Hockey", it may not be out of the question that we make an offer. He doesn't sound like he's leaving but with the right deal....

Old
06-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I think we are a logical place for him if he leaves Phoenix. Maybe the 'Peg would be high on his list too.

Old
06-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Some trades that would make sense that don't involve the Preds:

To EDM: 2nd overall+Rick Nash
To CLB: 1st overall+Hemsky+Gagner+____

Columbus gets Yakupov, plus a replacement for Nash's minutes, plus a solid center. Edmonton gets Murrary and an absoulte stud winger. Plus Edmonton's top 6 turns out to be:

Nash-RNH-Eberle
Hall-____-Paajarvi

To BUF: Kane+Bolland+Crawford
To CHI: Miller+Roy+Ennis/Adam/?

Chicago fixes their two biggest problems: Goaltending and a 2C. Buffalo gets the best player in the deal, a backup goalie, and a center to take some of Roy's minutes.

To WPG: Wayne Simmonds
To PHI: Tobias Enstrom

Only if Enstrom tells Winnipeg he won't re-sign. Peg needs top 6 forwards, Philly needs defensemen.

To TOR: Luongo
To VAN: I don't care

Everyone knows it's happening.

To LA: David Clarkson (+?)
To NJ: Jonathan Bernier

Clarkson will fit in perfectly with LA's grit, and Bernier will be Brodeur's heir. Plus it'd be fun for the two SC Finals teams to make a trade.

Closed Thread