HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Magic Number Thread (We Did It!)

Old
03-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Apologize to you for making up that scenario which wasn't right. Glad someone quickly corrected me.
Don't worry. Last night I thought this was a possibility too, but I was too lazy to check it out. I knew if it was true, someone here would say something. Since someone did, I had to check it.

03-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
No way. You mean when everyone was quitting and bugging out, Supersonic Monkey and I were actually right????? We only need 3 points to clinch #1... I hope you all feel like utter ****.

Remember when I said we have a potential four game winning streak coming up? Yea, so how'd that go? Oh yea, we won all four games. All you quitters who were handing over the #1 seed to the Penguins should be ashamed of yourselves.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
No way. You mean when everyone was quitting and bugging out, Supersonic Monkey and I were actually right????? We only need 3 points to clinch #1... I hope you all feel like utter ****.

Remember when I said we have a potential four game winning streak coming up? Yea, so how'd that go? Oh yea, we won all four games. All you quitters who were handing over the #1 seed to the Penguins should be ashamed of yourselves.
There were definitely more people than only you and Supersonic Monkey. Most of the older members here had faith. Most people who are new/don't have many posts all killed themselves.

Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:05 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
There were definitely more people than only you and Supersonic Monkey. Most of the older members here had faith. Most people who are new/don't have many posts all killed themselves.
I'm referring to that thread about us playing the Flyers in the first round. The OP was saying how it's almost inevitable that we'll be playing the Flyers. Supersonic and I were the only positive ones and everyone else was saying that we're criticizing the team enough and are too optimistic. They can all **** themselves.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm referring to that thread about us playing the Flyers in the first round. The OP was saying how it's almost inevitable that we'll be playing the Flyers. Supersonic and I were the only positive ones and everyone else was saying that we're criticizing the team enough and are too optimistic. They can all **** themselves.
I know. Look at your playoff thread and go to where those threads got merged. Almost all the people with plenty of posts were disagreeing with the OP. Only the newer posters here were "whiny," as SupersonicMonkey said.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

I also just remembered that we need one more win to break the franchise record for most five-game winning streaks in a season, which would be five.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:42 AM
broadwayblue

Guess we're now Philly fans this weekend. lol Would be nice to wrap things up on Sunday.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:46 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I was one of the people that thought the Pens could have taken it. I certainly wasn't handing over #1 like you said but they were red hot and IMO have the most talent in the league on their team. The Rangers though stepped up their game while the Pens have cooled off. I don't think many predicted the Pens losing two to the Isles either. No one saw that coming.

03-31-2012, 01:11 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Guess we're now Philly fans this weekend. lol Would be nice to wrap things up on Sunday.
Id love to do it at home!!

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:25 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Only the newer posters here were "whiny," as SupersonicMonkey said.
Hey, don't lump me with the "doom and gloom" crowd.

I was saying that it's better they hit a snag now than later (Playoffs), and that their play level is slightly down due to how brutal the schedule in March was.

I wasn't going on opposing team's message boards conveying that the Rangers are blowing it (Some users are guilty of it), nor did I join the "just hand the Vezina to Quick" crowd.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I was one of the people that thought the Pens could have taken it. I certainly wasn't handing over #1 like you said but they were red hot and IMO have the most talent in the league on their team. The Rangers though stepped up their game while the Pens have cooled off. I don't think many predicted the Pens losing two to the Isles either. No one saw that coming.
Seriously, the Pens were one point behind us. No one should be acting like it was in the bag all along..

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:37 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post

I was saying that it's better they hit a snag now than later (Playoffs), and that their play level is slightly down due to how brutal the schedule in March was.

I wasn't going on opposing team's message boards conveying that the Rangers are blowing it (Some users are guilty of it), nor did I join the "just hand the Vezina to Quick" crowd.
If you look at the teams remaining on both Hank's and Quick's schedule Quick will more than likely get in the playoffs and will have better stats. Hank is playing the top 3 offenses in the league in March. There are factors that will be in play other than stats (hopefully), but Quick has a very good shot at the Vezina.

BTW, I know that the east close we can taste it, but let's not forget there are still 3 points that need to be gained by the Rangers or lost by the Penguins. Both teams have difficult schedules but Pitt has 3 home games and they've been good at home all year. A major collapse is required for us to blow it, but stranger things have happened in sports.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:47 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
If you look at the teams remaining on both Hank's and Quick's schedule Quick will more than likely get in the playoffs and will have better stats. Hank is playing the top 3 offenses in the league in March. There are factors that will be in play other than stats (hopefully), but Quick has a very good shot at the Vezina.

BTW, I know that the east close we can taste it, but let's not forget there are still 3 points that need to be gained by the Rangers or lost by the Penguins. Both teams have difficult schedules but Pitt has 3 home games and they've been good at home all year. A major collapse is required for us to blow it, but stranger things have happened in sports.
There's a difference to saying someone has a shot at a trophy over...just hand it to so and so.

Nothing is set in stone but to still act like a negative Nancy this late in the season, to encroach other fan's sections and to downplay the Rangers?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 02:37 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post

If you read my earlier post, you would have noticed I said that those posts were coming from newer posters. I didn't say all newer posters were on that boat.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Ail
Girardi Sucks

Quote:

Oh my God please, could you toot your own horn any harder. No one would have reasonably predicted the Penguins dropping two ****ing straight games to the Isles and falling 5 points out of the lead.

Seriously, if anyone here last week would have said, "Don't worry guys, the Isles will sweep the 2 games and we'll win 4!" Just about everyone here would have said keep dreaming.

You act like anyone saying Pittsburgh overtaking the Rangers was the absolutely most improbable scenario as of a week ago. I hate to break to you but the reason you were in the minority was because it was the more likely scenario. So, great job for betting against the odds and coming out on top, what do you want, a medal?

I don't mind admitting I was probably wrong (it's not even 100% yet) but stop acting like you saw this coming a mile a way and everyone else should be "ashamed." Yeah, I'm pretty ashamed of being reasonable and saying there was a good chance the hottest team in the league at the time would overtake a mediocre Rangers.

Also, it wasn't just all the "new people" saying it.

Last edited by Ail: 03-31-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 10:44 AM
blue425

If I may fellow Rangers fans:

Three is a magic number, Yes it is, it's a magic number. Somewhere in the ancient, mystic trinity You get three as a magic number.

The past and the present and the future. Faith and Hope and Charity, The heart and the brain and the body Give you three as a magic number.

It takes three legs to make a tri-pod Or to make a table stand. It takes three wheels to make a ve-hicle Called a tricycle.

Every triangle has three corners, Every triangle has three sides, No more, no less. You don't have to guess. When it's three you can see It's a magic number.

A man and a woman had a little baby, Yes, they did. They had three in the family, And that's a magic number.

3-6-9, 12-15-18, 21-24-27, 30. 3-6-9, 12-15-18, 21-24-27, 30. * Multiply backwards from three times ten:

Three time ten is (30), three times nine is (27), Three times eight is (24), three times seven is (21), Three times six is (18), three times five is (15), Three times four is twelve, And three times three is nine, and three times two is six, And three times one is three of course.

Now take the pattern once more: Three! . . .3-6-9 Twelve! . . .12-15-18 Twenty-one!. . .21-24-27. . .30

Now multiply from 10 backwards: Three time ten is (30 - Keep going), three times nine is (27), Three times eight is (24), three times seven is (21), Three times six is (18), three times five is (15), Three times four is twelve, And three times three is nine, and three times two is six, And three times one... What is it?! Three! Yeah, That's a magic number.

A man and a woman had a little baby. Yes, they did. They had three in the family. That's a magic number.

This season has been amazing. Lock up number one and on to the playoffs!

blue425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 11:53 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Seriously, the Pens were one point behind us. No one should be acting like it was in the bag all along..
In the bag, absolutely not. But it was pretty pathetic that so many people were saying "well, there goes the division" and other stupid things. We were still in 1st place...why not actually have a little faith and believe that your team could prevail? I mean we've seen this team overcome adversity many times this season...why not now? It's the reason I generally try and avoid the forums after a loss...it's unbearable to listen to people claiming the sky is falling all the time. Get a grip.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Rooting straight for Philly today for a regulation win.

I want Ottawa at #8.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Oh my God please, could you toot your own horn any harder. No one would have reasonably predicted the Penguins dropping two ****ing straight games to the Isles and falling 5 points out of the lead.

Seriously, if anyone here last week would have said, "Don't worry guys, the Isles will sweep the 2 games and we'll win 4!" Just about everyone here would have said keep dreaming.

You act like anyone saying Pittsburgh overtaking the Rangers was the absolutely most improbable scenario as of a week ago. I hate to break to you but the reason you were in the minority was because it was the more likely scenario. So, great job for betting against the odds and coming out on top, what do you want, a medal?

I don't mind admitting I was probably wrong (it's not even 100% yet) but stop acting like you saw this coming a mile a way and everyone else should be "ashamed." Yeah, I'm pretty ashamed of being reasonable and saying there was a good chance the hottest team in the league at the time would overtake a mediocre Rangers.

Yes, I am tooting my own horn. You know why? To stick it to all of you that you had no faith. We're on a four game winning streak. That is why we are so far ahead of the Pens, not just because the Isles swept them. You guys complain about the media surrounding the Pens, yet it has an incredible effect on you guys since you all bow down to them and hand them the Atlantic Division Title. Sorry if it upsets you that I'm sticking a point. HAVE FAITH.

And I'm not doing this to make myself look good, I'm doing it to make all of you downers feel like **** for giving up on your team.

Last edited by Clowes Line: 03-31-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 12:15 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Rooting straight for Philly today for a regulation win.

I want Ottawa at #8.
You so sure about that Foxy? We have the worst record against them this season of any team we've played, no?

Old
03-31-2012, 12:23 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
You so sure about that Foxy? We have the worst record against them this season of any team we've played, no?
If they drop to the 8 seed, one would assume they've cooled off heading into the playoffs. They may have beaten us three times but one of them was back in October where we blew the 3 goal and I'd say we're a vastly different team from back then and another was during our rough patch earlier in March. They've had our number in the regular season but I believe we match up well against them. As we all know by now, regular season record doesn't mean everything.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Not only were people handing over the division to Tanksburgh, but there were some saying: "the question is not if we play Philly in the first round, but whether game 1 is at MSG or Wells Fargo."

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post

Yeah, this.

I was one of the main guys jumping off the first place ship, I was basically accepting 4th place, but I'm not ashamed to be wrong, I'm thrilled about the sudden turnaround.

Not over yet though, still work to be done.

Old
03-31-2012, 12:41 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Not only were people handing over the division to Tanksburgh, but there were some saying: "the question is not if we play Philly in the first round, but whether game 1 is at MSG or Wells Fargo."
Were you very confident when we lost 5 of 7 and Pitt won 11 straight and were 1 point behind us, meanwhile Philly's achilles heel all year had 3 straight shutouts at one point?

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Philly had gotten hot as well, and I believe they had pulled to within 3 at one point.

Do some of you not remember 05-06? That disaster down the stretch?

I'm a Mets fan too..

Can't blame me for panicing.