HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Game 64 | Calgary Flames @ Phoenix Coyotes | February 30, 2012 | 7:00 PM

Old
03-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Scottrocks58*
Six

vCash: 500
Well, I hope that this game was a reality check for the players. They played their worse period of the season in that first, IMO. It wasn't that they were flat, they were very sloppy with the puck. I'm glad it was against Calgary. It would have hurt more if it were against San Jose or Chicago. Calgary probably won't make it into the playoffs.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:00 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I hope they don't look past Columbus. Tomorrow's game should be seen as a perfect opportunity to make a statement. I want to see them come out in the first period like its game seven of the WCFs against the Red Wings.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

To be honest, they couldn't have made some of those keystone cops plays in the first period if they tried to. It was either 2 guys leave the puck for the other guy, or 2 guys try to get the puck, neither do and it goes right to Jokinen in front of the net. The harder they try, the worse it gets.

Although the crowd was small I sensed some new coyote fans, and terrible fans at that

Some of them don't seem to understand there are 2 teams on the ice. Complaining about the Coyotes offense when the Flames made good defensive plays. I overheard one asking why they had pulled the goalie in the middle of the first period...

I had a little chuckle when the person next to me left after the first period complaining about having never been to a game when explicative explicative other team scored 3 goals in the first period. I wanted to tell them I'd been to 2 games this season when they gave up 4 goals in the first period (I think Tampa and Philly), and tell them to shut up and come to more than one game during the season. They left after the first and I never saw them again. There's your Arizona sports fan.

They go undefeated in regulation in February, and some of these 'fans' probably give up on the team after going to 1 game.....and in some cases 1 period.

my hometown fans SUCK!

Boedker played a pretty good physical game, and almost got into it with Cammalleri.

Last edited by Devils Advocate: 03-02-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:03 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Is it just me or did Stone really take a huge step forward tonight with his play?

We had our chances to tie it. Posts got in the way. Calgary played well though.
Stone has been improving since his call up with only one game as an exception.

We did have our chances. Had it not been for a lethargic defense that refused to recognize a strong Calgary forecheck and an offense that refused to put the puck deep and go to work (all in the first period) the outcome would have been different. THE GAME PLAN MUST BE EXECUTED.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:04 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I think I must have crashed when the game started, just woke up haha. Well, you can't win them all. At least now I can stop making GDTs and not worry about snapping a streak which is nice, because my Spring Break starts after I finish a test up today.

I had lots of fun making my GDTs, I hope you guys enjoyed them, or at least weren't turned off by or actively disliked them.

Your GDT's were good my man, nice and early too.... don't stop.

Old
03-02-2012, 08:06 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Attendance was 10,989, which lowered the average to 12,073 but not bad considering a week day game.

It's sad that we can look at such a putrid number and say it's not bad.... not condemning you, just telling it like it is.

Old
03-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Llewzaher

They were saying on Calgary radio , that Mike Smith broke 4 sticks on his way to the dressing room ..Not sure if it was after the game or after the first period ..

( I never read this whole thread , so if someone already mentioned I apologise )

Llewzaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:14 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewzaher View Post
They were saying on Calgary radio , that Mike Smith broke 4 sticks on his way to the dressing room ..Not sure if it was after the game or after the first period ..

( I never read this whole thread , so if someone already mentioned I apologise )
I don't believe so. I saw he broke one on the ice but no mention of him going crazy in the hall way. One of the goals was just a seeing eye shot, and then you have the drop pass in front of the goalie. Not sure why he would be so frustrated. The team was due for a stinker, but they still managed to make it close despite such a poor start.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:16 AM
moosemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
I don't believe so. I saw he broke one on the ice but no mention of him going crazy in the hall way. One of the goals was just a seeing eye shot, and then you have the drop pass in front of the goalie. Not sure why he would be so frustrated. The team was due for a stinker, but they still managed to make it close despite such a poor start.
We were due for a stinker, but smith is such a gamer. He has that attitude where he wants to win every game and will do what it takes to make it happen. I feel for him, he wants to win so bad

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Wile E Coyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewzaher View Post

Hope this doesn't get in his head and have him suffer next game.

Wile E Coyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyotes View Post
Not to worry....Thanks to Burkie!

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:01 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyotes View Post

That's EXACTLY the guy I want.... shows he's competitive as hell!

Last edited by kihekah19: 03-03-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old
03-03-2012, 12:01 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Not to worry....Thanks to Burkie!

You got that right!

Old
03-03-2012, 02:45 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
That's EXACTLY the guy I want.... shows he's competitive as hell!
As long as it isn't an every loss type of thing. Carcillo got unceremoniously dumped for doing something similar. That being said, I hope the 4 sticks belonged to the mooks who caused those awful turnovers.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 02:52 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
As long as it isn't an every loss type of thing. Carcillo got unceremoniously dumped for doing something similar. That being said, I hope the 4 sticks belonged to the mooks who caused those awful turnovers.
No doubt it could be overdone, but we haven't seen a pattern of it before.

RE: Carcillo.... he was dumped for showing up to practice ***** off his ***