HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus @ Colorado 9:00PM EST

Old
03-01-2012, 12:31 PM
UNDBluejacketsfan

vCash: 500
Columbus @ Colorado 9:00PM EST

Well its 12:30 and there is no GDT so here ya go. Putting about as much effort into this GDT as the team puts into a game.

UNDBluejacketsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:39 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Is it confirmed that Mason in net? Apologies it if was mentioned in a different topic.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:43 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Is it confirmed that Mason in net? Apologies it if was mentioned in a different topic.
Avs fans are hoping so.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:43 PM
CBJCougar

I look at it another way. I see a team that laces up each game fully knowing they don't have the tools to make it work..and they go out there anyway. I know it's probably not going to make any difference but I will watch and cheer like hell for them to do the unthinkable and win. They deserve a little more respect than they are currently getting because they pull those shirts over their head and don't throw them in the floor and stomp on them.

I'm still here, damn it. And I ain't leaving.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:44 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Avs fans are hoping so.
Please ignore us for now, we're a little overboard with how our team is doing and just really excited.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:47 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Please ignore us for now, we're a little overboard with how our team is doing and just really excited.
No issue at all. Honestly, it was a fun way for me to say that I, personally, haven't heard anything on the starter in net.

With the collapse in the third last game, I would suspect Mason.

Must be nice to have youth that produces.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
CBJCougar

Despite what Sandy says, I think he's having some issues still with his back. Needs to heel up. Mason might as well work on his fundamentals. He is on the clock...

Old
03-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Despite what Sandy says, I think he's having some issues still with his back. Needs to heel up. Mason might as well work on his fundamentals. He is on the clock...
That's where I'm at as well. I expect Mason in goal tonight. Sanford is desperate, playing for a contract. He's a had a very good season, its a bummer his back has hampered him of late, but I think he already has proved he's still a viable #2 in the NHL.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
You're part of the "core".

Old
03-01-2012, 01:40 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Quote:
I look at it another way. I see a team that laces up each game fully knowing they don't have the tools to make it work..and they go out there anyway. I know it's probably not going to make any difference but I will watch and cheer like hell for them to do the unthinkable and win. They deserve a little more respect than they are currently getting because they pull those shirts over their head and don't throw them in the floor and stomp on them.

Nobody DESERVES respect for just showing up to work and mailing it in...especially if they are making millions of $ per year! I don't think I mail it in as much as these guys do and believe it or not I get paid a little less than they do.

CarolinaBlueJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:42 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Avs fans are hoping so.
Does it really matter? I bet they don't win more than 4 games for the rest of the season and then they will lose the lottery.

Old
03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlueJacket View Post
Does it really matter? I bet they don't win more than 4 games for the rest of the season and then they will lose the lottery.
You seem upset.

Old
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
That's where I'm at as well. I expect Mason in goal tonight. Sanford is desperate, playing for a contract. He's a had a very good season, its a bummer his back has hampered him of late, but I think he already has proved he's still a viable #2 in the NHL.
I agree. I like Sandy. Hope he stays with us. Back issues...I cannot imagine trying to play goalie with those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
You're part of the "core".
As are you. I love you DSL. Thank you. I'm honored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlueJacket View Post
Nobody DESERVES respect for just showing up to work and mailing it in...especially if they are making millions of $ per year! I don't think I mail it in as much as these guys do and believe it or not I get paid a little less than they do.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that your job doesn't include a fan base or the media putting your employer under a microscope, hence your ability to sit on a high horse and judge, a little on the mean side, I might add, the ability of others to perform under pressure. I personally do have the luxury of having all my soap opera played out in private and still cannot truthfully say that I get up every morning and give it my all. I'm certainly glad to hear you do. Congratulations.

Now, I have to go put in an appearance at my job. I have my make up on and will accessorize the bling. My mind is on other things and my heart is not in it. I am not a millionaire. I just really don't have a lot of hope today. Now I know that somebody, somewhere, without knowing me or my life, can be quick to throw stones. I hope you don't live in a glass house, buddy.

Old
03-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Skraut

Quote:
You seem upset.
after the events of the past few weeks, can you blame him?

We have players, many of whom won't be here next season, playing for a coach that most likely won't be here next season, assembled by management that a whole lot of people want to not be here next season.

It's essentially a lame duck team at this point.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that your job doesn't include a fan base or the media putting your employer under a microscope, hence your ability to sit on a high horse and judge, a little on the mean side, I might add, the ability of others to perform under pressure. I personally do have the luxury of having all my soap opera played out in private and still cannot truthfully say that I get up every morning and give it my all. I'm certainly glad to hear you do. Congratulations.

Now, I have to go put in an appearance at my job. I have my make up on and will accessorize the bling. My mind is on other things and my heart is not in it. I am not a millionaire. I just really don't have a lot of hope today. Now I know that somebody, somewhere, without knowing me or my life, can be quick to throw stones. I hope you don't live in a glass house, buddy.
First 40 seconds...

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:25 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
First 40 seconds...

Bwhahahahahahaaaa!! I loved that show.

Old
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Quote:
You seem upset.
You obviously don't know much about the CBJ.

Old
03-01-2012, 02:50 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Thanks, Coug, they can always count on you.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:56 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
First 40 seconds...

...and the other 1:14! Haven't seen that in years.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 03:14 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Quote:

First of all that was not an attack on you, it was an indictment of the team. Second I said those guys mail it in MORE than I do...I never said I am gung ho every day at work. Third I do not think I am sitting on a high horse, I am someone who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on this team. I don't live there anymore but if I did I guarantee you that I would not do it any longer. So yeah I am calling these guys out. Don't you think its mean for those guys to take your money and not put forth an extraordinary effort?
I realize they are human but when they get paid the amount they get paid I expect higher standards than for the average worker.

Old
03-01-2012, 03:16 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
after the events of the past few weeks, can you blame him?

We have players, many of whom won't be here next season, playing for a coach that most likely won't be here next season, assembled by management that a whole lot of people want to not be here next season.

It's essentially a lame duck team at this point.
Its been a lame duck since before Thanksgiving!

Old
03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Am I sensing a bit of frustration on the old boards today. Can't imagine why.

Sorry Couger, I will not be watching the boys tonight. Just can't bring myself to do it. I care deeply about what happens with this team, but I am just going to watch a couple of movies with the wife.

I am really grappling with what I am going to do with my season tickets next season.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Matt

It's a waste of time even paying attention to this dysfunctional organ I zation

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
650X2

You know it is bad when you don't even have to worry about winning anymore.

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

At least you know you are heading towards a full rebuild here.

It could always be worse, you could be a Flames fan.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote