HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brett Lawrie owns spring training. Like we all didn't see that one coming...

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Shoeless Joe

vCash: 500
Anybody got a stream?

Old
03-04-2012, 01:07 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotato Chips View Post
Anybody got a stream?
am 590 on your radio.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Shimso

vCash: 50
Yeah, it makes no sense that they're showing phi/nyy instead of the Jays game...I could possibly understand TSN doing that, but the owners of the Blue Jays?

I couldn't care less about NYY or PHI's spring training, I want to see the Jays....

Old
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Shoeless Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
am 590 on your radio.
Thanks

Old
03-04-2012, 01:12 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins View Post
Just saw this, Litsch out for 6 weeks. Guy just cant stay healthy.

http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2012/3...ch-out-6-weeks
Sucks for Litsch. Good opportunity for someone though. Perez seems the obvious choice, but I've heard good things about Evan Crawford too. Or who knows, maybe Hutchison pitches well enough this spring to get an early-season audition instead of waiting for later in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post
Yeah, it makes no sense that they're showing phi/nyy instead of the Jays game...I could possibly understand TSN doing that, but the owners of the Blue Jays?

I couldn't care less about NYY or PHI's spring training, I want to see the Jays....
Money. To broadcast the Phi/NY game, they only need to pay for the feed. To do a Jays game, they have to pay to produce it and get Buck & Pat or some other broadcast team down there and whatnot. They probably figure that the ratings on a sunday morning/afternoon pre-season game aren't worth it.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 57 GP, 18-28-11 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
03-04-2012, 01:13 PM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong, I think he's the best first-base prospect we have right now, I just don't think he's the long-term solution if we're serious about contending for a world-series.

I'm not a big-fan of Lind, so I would actually like to see what McDade can do at some point this season, although I'm sure that won't happen unless Lind gets hurt.

I may be wrong about McDade. He may explode and become a legitimate starting first-baseman in the AL East. If he does then great, I'll be ecstatic, but I'm not holding my breath.
I completely agree with that statement. At least that's close to the majors. If Jacob Anderson moves to 1B it could be him.

Realistically we'll have other options in a few years, Bautista, JPA maybe

Old
03-04-2012, 01:16 PM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
I think we've been relatively lucky in terms of injuries so far. Most guys have come into camp in great shape. Always been rooting for Litsch but he's a stopgap solution. If anything this could be a blessing in disguise which allows someone else to step up. Most likely Perez.
Perez would have likely made it over Litsch anyways due to lack of options.

Old
LeafDangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimso View Post

Come on guys. Think a little. YES already broadcasts the game. Thus Rogers just picks up their broadcast. YES does most Yankee spring training games as their is a massive, massive audience for anything Yankees.

To show the Jays game Rogers would have to send down their own crew for a game that would garner next to no interest outside of the hardcores. It's pretty easy to understand the logic here.

Classic HF fallacy thinking that opinions here are representative of fanbases as a whole.

Old
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

RBI single for Snider

Old
03-04-2012, 01:17 PM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Sucks for Litsch. Good opportunity for someone though. Perez seems the obvious choice, but I've heard good things about Evan Crawford too. Or who knows, maybe Hutchison pitches well enough this spring to get an early-season audition instead of waiting for later in the year.
Huch out of the pen? I can't see them doing that.

I woudlnt be surprised by Crawford either. Gives you the LHP that perez gives. You'd have to be ok losing Perez though.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:17 PM
weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
RBI single for Snider
Nice

Old
03-04-2012, 01:19 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
RBI single for Snider
Snider and Thames making the decision difficult. Have to keep in mind that Snider has a good spring training last year aswell. It's really about who blows the door off the hinges this year.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:30 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Huch out of the pen? I can't see them doing that.
I don't think it would be a permanent thing, but really unless two of Cecil/Drabek/McGowan suck, get hurt, or get traded, there's not really going to be any chance for Hutch to audition until the rosters expand in September. This would be a chance to give him a little while to get a taste of the majors in a low-pressure situation. I wouldn't think he would be a permanent solution for the whole season in the pen, but he could get a few weeks to get his feet wet.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:30 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
I completely agree with that statement. At least that's close to the majors. If Jacob Anderson moves to 1B it could be him.

Realistically we'll have other options in a few years, Bautista, JPA maybe
I also believe that Bautista will become the first-baseman in a few years.

I'm glad I can finally post in the Jays thread again, now that all the ********-and-chewing about not singing so-and-so has stopped and everyone is just excited to get the season started.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Egg McCraig

is there anyway I can listen to this outside of the GTA(in Ottawa) without subscribing the MLB.com's radio thing?

Old
03-04-2012, 01:32 PM
TootooTrain
-

Question about uniforms. I've owned an Authentic Adam Lind uniform for a few years with no problems worth talking about, other than the price that is. With the Replicas, I know it's a vinyl patch, so does it warp/peel/change shape over time? Considering a Morrow/JP rep.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:42 PM
topched

Quote:
Question about uniforms. I've owned an Authentic Adam Lind uniform for a few years with no problems worth talking about, other than the price that is. With the Replicas, I know it's a vinyl patch, so does it warp/peel/change shape over time? Considering a Morrow/JP rep.
I'd go with another authentic.

I know friends with the replicas, they wear down VERY fast. They do peel a little, and get "tattered" a little bit. For the price of the authentic, especially if you wear it a lot, or go to a lot of games, its definitely worth it.

Really depends on how long you plan on keeping your jersey. When I buy mine I try to make them last 5 years or so (assuming the player and the jersey is up to date). Replicas usually don't last that long.

Just one man's opinion though.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:52 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Gose just scored from 2nd on an infield single

What a guy

Old
03-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafDangler View Post
Come on guys. Think a little. YES already broadcasts the game. Thus Rogers just picks up their broadcast. YES does most Yankee spring training games as their is a massive, massive audience for anything Yankees.

To show the Jays game Rogers would have to send down their own crew for a game that would garner next to no interest outside of the hardcores. It's pretty easy to understand the logic here.

Classic HF fallacy thinking that opinions here are representative of fanbases as a whole.
Cry me an f'in river. Sorry but it's pathetic, Rogers a multi-billion dollar company can't pay to have their own crew down there to broadcast their own team that they freakin own! It's pathetic. I don't want to read these type of excuses. Could you imagine if YES broadcasted a Jays game over the Yankees? Hell would freeze over before that happened. Rogers should be broadcasting the team they own plain and simple.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:54 PM
weems

Quote:
Gose just scored from 2nd on an infield single

What a guy
Gose is full of mustard and swag

Old
03-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
I'd go with another authentic.

I know friends with the replicas, they wear down VERY fast. They do peel a little, and get "tattered" a little bit. For the price of the authentic, especially if you wear it a lot, or go to a lot of games, its definitely worth it.

Really depends on how long you plan on keeping your jersey. When I buy mine I try to make them last 5 years or so (assuming the player and the jersey is up to date). Replicas usually don't last that long.

Just one man's opinion though.
I have a replica Jays jersey I bought in 2004 (around the time of the last jersey make over before this one) and it still looks as good as new. At least I think it is a replica.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:04 PM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I don't think it would be a permanent thing, but really unless two of Cecil/Drabek/McGowan suck, get hurt, or get traded, there's not really going to be any chance for Hutch to audition until the rosters expand in September. This would be a chance to give him a little while to get a taste of the majors in a low-pressure situation. I wouldn't think he would be a permanent solution for the whole season in the pen, but he could get a few weeks to get his feet wet.
That's a good point, I hadn't thought about it that way.

Somewhat comparable to Carreno, although they likely see him as a Pen guy long term. (I hope he gets called up soon too)

Old
03-04-2012, 02:07 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
I have a replica Jays jersey I bought in 2004 (around the time of the last jersey make over before this one) and it still looks as good as new. At least I think it is a replica.
Yeah I have an Alex Rios replica from late '04 and its in perfect condition. Can't really wear it anymore though haha

I'm leaning towards the road Lawrie at this point.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Terrence

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg McCraig View Post
is there anyway I can listen to this outside of the GTA(in Ottawa) without subscribing the MLB.com's radio thing?
Don't think so. I know I can't find one. I know Team 1200 has the rights to Jays games, but it probably doesn't include Spring Training.

Old
03-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Yeah I have an Alex Rios replica from late '04 and its in perfect condition. Can't really wear it anymore though haha

I'm leaning towards the road Lawrie at this point.
Mine is a Wells jersey, can I still wear it? I wore it all last summer, haha. I don't know if I made a jersey foul or not.

I would lean towards the blue alternates. Reasoning for that is, A) it looks really good! And B) every team has a road grey jersey (or a white home). That's why I love the alternates, because they are unique.

Closed Thread