HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Barons @ Dogs 2004-11-6

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 500
Corey Locke sit out this game???

Old
11-06-2004, 10:47 PM
HabSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Corey Locke sit out this game???
He played, but we didn't really heard of him

Old
11-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabSim
He played, but we didn't really heard of him

I not haved time to watched this game , its a good game ??

Old
11-06-2004, 10:53 PM
NewHabsEra*

Pleks now in the top 20

Old
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherdow_the_king
I not haved time to watched this game , its a good game ??
Yeah it was a good game but Ellis screwed the game ! He has 5 loses so far !

Old
Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
Yeah it was a good game but Ellis screwed the game ! He has 5 loses so far !

!!! Kost have play a good game ??

Old
11-06-2004, 10:54 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
!!! Kost have play a good game ??
Yep.He had a goal.He had just one shot on goal I think.He completed the pass of Pleks.

Old
11-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
Yep.He had a goal.He had just one shot on goal I think.He completed the pass of Pleks.

Good Kost !! Thx thegreatone for the information !!!

Old
11-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

How is the next game in Sport net ?

Old
11-06-2004, 11:01 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
How is the next game in Sport net ?
26 Nov vs St-John's

Old
11-06-2004, 11:16 PM
Count of DannyKristo

Quote:
26 Nov vs St-John's
As well as the game against the Baby Laffs the next day.

Old
11-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Im only sticking up for him because it seems he's just getting trashed by some around here. Is he off to a bad start? Absolutely. But having your team dominated in shots and giving up PP in OT certainly doesnt help. As another poster said, it seems like they play differently when Ellis is in goal, seemingly giving up more shots and not scoring as much.
Ellis looks very shaky in net.... he seems to lack confidence and and that filters right through the team.

you are from texas, so lets use a football analogy. If your QB is weak, shaky, and unable to perfrom at the required level, it filters right through the team.

The goalie is a lot like the QB.

Meanwhie, Danis has taken charge and lead him team to a very successful run.... This is no contest, Danis is stealing the show and the players are gaining momentum from the way Danis plays

Goalies cant look for favours, they have to grab the game by the neck and show the team who is in charge.

Old
11-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Corey

Would it help if Ellis was "accidentally" injured in practice? Considering that the Dogs have lost every game with Ellis in goal, they couldn't do worse with Michaud.

Old
11-06-2004, 11:54 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Would it help if Ellis was "accidentally" injured in practice? Considering that the Dogs have lost every game with Ellis in goal, they couldn't do worse with Michaud.

:lol

I can picture you, coming in the arena with your baseball bat... " 'Xcuse me sir, do you know where I can find Ellis?"

Old
11-07-2004, 01:05 AM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
I was actually thinking about that. ellis was run into late in the game today and I was hoping he might come out but he shookit off. The nest part about if Ellis did get injjured is that another HABS prospect (Michaud) would come in. So there would be no "legal" excuse for not playing Danis every game.

What I think is going on is that there was an agreement between Dallas and MTL that when the 5 prospects came over, they would be assured opf ice time so that they can develop. Ellis being one of them, must of been guaranteed of a certain % of starts as everyone must of assumed that he was AHL caliber. Too bad he isn't playing like it.

Old
11-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Razorblade

Blaming Ellis for the loss last night is ridiculous. He played solid, made some key saves, he didn't have a chance on any of them, especially the OT goal. Kozari (the ref) has absolutely no idea what he's doing out there. First he calls Ward and Fahey for minors at 60:00, putting one team in the hole already, cause Fahey is nothing compared to Ward. And then he calls Kostitsyn for a penalty that is rarely called in regulation, which should have been called a dive anyways. A 4 on 3 Powerplay, you really don't have a chance, especially in ot.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the d - pairing of Plante and Hainsey. Just terrible, Hainsey moreso. Neither of them could make an opening pass, screwing up all of their power plays. Hainsey got beat to the outside more than once, and Plante needs to take the body more, cause he was just standing still out there tonight.

On a positive note, Plekanec and Ward are playing awesome. Both guys giving their all, and its paying off. Same goes for Daley and Higgins, who both gave a gutsy effor tonight. Another guy I've been impressed with lately is Ivanans, he's been playing solid hockey besides his usual tough guy game.

Old
11-07-2004, 08:12 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
I'm beginning to think Jarvis is a wittle... slow.... Kost scores when he's given ice-time... he benches Kost when he needs goals.... Ellis is playing Terrible, Danis is HOT... he splits the time between them... somethin's a wrong with that guy... and I'll cry if he ever b-comes a Habz Coach...

Old
11-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
What I think is going on is that there was an agreement between Dallas and MTL that when the 5 prospects came over, they would be assured opf ice time so that they can develop. Ellis being one of them, must of been guaranteed of a certain % of starts as everyone must of assumed that he was AHL caliber. Too bad he isn't playing like it.
Yup, that has to be it. Red hot Danis has had 7 starts (3 in in our last 6 games as he has played better ) while Ellis has had 5 starts and 3 in our last 6 games. Even with all the reasons you can come up with (Danis being a kid, Danis having never played such a grueling schedule, you don't want to burn Danis, etc) they still don't make that much sense considering their immense differences in their play so far. The only logical reason is Dallas has been guaranteed Ellis would start 45-50% of the games and Hamilton doesn't want to be forced to give him 10 straight starts at one point in order to achieve that quota.

Old
11-07-2004, 08:53 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade
Blaming Ellis for the loss last night is ridiculous. He played solid, made some key saves, he didn't have a chance on any of them, especially the OT goal. Kozari (the ref) has absolutely no idea what he's doing out there. First he calls Ward and Fahey for minors at 60:00, putting one team in the hole already, cause Fahey is nothing compared to Ward. And then he calls Kostitsyn for a penalty that is rarely called in regulation, which should have been called a dive anyways. A 4 on 3 Powerplay, you really don't have a chance, especially in ot.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the d - pairing of Plante and Hainsey. Just terrible, Hainsey moreso. Neither of them could make an opening pass, screwing up all of their power plays. Hainsey got beat to the outside more than once, and Plante needs to take the body more, cause he was just standing still out there tonight.

On a positive note, Plekanec and Ward are playing awesome. Both guys giving their all, and its paying off. Same goes for Daley and Higgins, who both gave a gutsy effor tonight. Another guy I've been impressed with lately is Ivanans, he's been playing solid hockey besides his usual tough guy game.

I was at the game in philly and Ellis wasn't good or bad. He faced a lot of shots, the dogs played poorly outside of Plekanec mostly. He had some good saves but he let in one questionable goal that tied the game and then another one that just killed the team. The had come back in a game they shouldn't have been in, as the phantoms just took it to them physically, only to have Ellis drop the ball imo. Shasby was to blame on the 5th goal, but I think fans are just getting tired of seeing Ellis lose. Danis has not lost in regulation this season or his short career. We want to see more of him. Ellis has yet to win a single game. If Ellis was a Hab, it would be different, fans would be more understanding I think. But I hope to see the Dogs get first place again, for the 3rd year of the 3 years the Habs have been in Hamilton, and seeing them lose every game Ellis starts is getting frustrating to say the least. When you lose a game it's usually not from one player, but something isn't right when Danis is 3rd ranked goalie in the AHL and Ellis is 0-5.

Old
11-07-2004, 09:39 AM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
I'm beginning to think Jarvis is a wittle... slow.... Kost scores when he's given ice-time... he benches Kost when he needs goals.... Ellis is playing Terrible, Danis is HOT... he splits the time between them... somethin's a wrong with that guy... and I'll cry if he ever b-comes a Habz Coach...
Yeah me too I can't beleive it.

Old
11-07-2004, 11:21 AM
NewHabsEra*

Great to hear Hainsey is playing so well... he is sooo NHL ready!

Old
11-07-2004, 11:47 AM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Great to hear Hainsey is playing so well... he is sooo NHL ready!
IMO He isn't playing well because He's frustrated.He wants to play in the NHL level.We can't do nothing about that there's a lockout.He doen't have the desire to play IMO.

Old
11-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade

Well it seems more and more obvious that, regardless of how sharp and focused Ellis is during a game, it is not the same Bulldog team that plays in front of him than the one playing in front of Danis.

So instead of comparing Ellis and Danis ad nauseam, maybe we should question why it is exactly that it's two different teams that come to play in front of those 2 goalies.

Can they have lost confidence in Ellis that quickly into the season? Is it Ellis' bad rebound control that throws the Ds off of their game? A simple coincidence? Karma? What is it?

Old
11-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
26 Nov vs St-John's
Thx you i will see the game !!

Old
11-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Well it seems more and more obvious that, regardless of how sharp and focused Ellis is during a game, it is not the same Bulldog team that plays in front of him than the one playing in front of Danis.

So instead of comparing Ellis and Danis ad nauseam, maybe we should question why it is exactly that it's two different teams that come to play in front of those 2 goalies.

Can they have lost confidence in Ellis that quickly into the season? Is it Ellis' bad rebound control that throws the Ds off of their game? A simple coincidence? Karma? What is it?
It's not a simple coincidence. it's just plain simple: Danis is the superior goaltender and inspires the Dogs. Ellis drags the team down to his level. The Stars aren't doing the Habs any favor by parking him in Hamilton.

Closed Thread