HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

All-Purpose WTF California Thread

Old
03-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Silver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
I think it's important to note that it's not like they are trying to fine or prosecute him for doing something that's legal in Idaho but illegal in California. It's a reasonable position to take that the head of the California Fish & Game Commission should not be photographed killing game that is not legal in California for public relations reasons.
Imagine a anti-drug official having a photo of himself floating around where he flew to Amsterdam for a conference recently and got baked out of his mind in a coffee shop. Maybe posing with a huge hookah or a gigantic bong. You think he keeps his job just because it wasn't against the law there?

(Yes, I know they recently changed that in Amsterdam. Pretend they didn't, you pedants...)

Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:40 AM
Lee Van Cleef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Imagine a anti-drug official having a photo of himself floating around where he flew to Amsterdam for a conference recently and got baked out of his mind in a coffee shop. Maybe posing with a huge hookah or a gigantic bong. You think he keeps his job just because it wasn't against the law there?

(Yes, I know they recently changed that in Amsterdam. Pretend they didn't, you pedants...)
They did?! Why?

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokers Gonna Choke View Post
They did?! Why?
No dope tourists allowed. No fun for anyone.

Quote:
Ban on tourists visiting Dutch cannabis cafes will go ahead

Foreign visitors will be banned from cannabis-selling coffee shops in southern Netherlands from January 1 to combat anti-social behaviour among tourists.

The Dutch justice ministry announced the ban after a consultation period and despite opposition from some MPs who branded the move 'tourism suicide'.

Under the new policy licenced coffee shops will be considered private clubs with a maximum of 2,000 members limited to Dutch residents who are older than 18 and carry a co-called 'dope card'.

The idea of a cannabis card was first suggested in September 2010 by the centre-right government of Prime Minister Mark Rutte and will be required by Dutch visitors to frequent the country's 670 licenced coffee shops.
Dead give away.

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:09 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
when I think about California politics, I think more about Orange County than San Fransisco...
Yeah, half of California is just as right wing as Arizona.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:12 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
No dope tourists allowed. No fun for anyone.

Dead give away.
Problem is that the weed is too strong for tourists, a friend of mine went there with his mother and the stuff she smoked was so strong that she passed out in the middle of the street.

Old
03-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Problem is that the weed is too strong for tourists, a friend of mine went there with his mother and the stuff she smoked was so strong that she passed out in the middle of the street.
You can get way better stuff in many other locations. Try California or BC for just 2. The stuff in the coffee bars is OK, not great.

And please, "to combat anti-social behaviour among tourists". Nonsense. Feeling mellow or sleepy does not equal drunken hooligans starting brawls outside of pubs (think English yobs damn near anywhere after 11).

Old
03-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I was actually leaning towards starting a "All Purpose WTF America Thread" with links to AP's, Dr Fire's and JXC's posting histories.
Aww, come on now. You just had to get personal. Just because you don't like conservatives.

Anyway, we will then have to start a like thread with links to Jussi's, JCD's, Silver's, and Led Zappa's posting histories.

We can all play that game.

OK, OK, maybe you aren't as bad as those other three, but you get the point.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:06 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

I hadn't smoked weed in years until I hooked up with my brother in law , who keeps a "garden" in northern Cali. Anyway, I don't know what the potency of that stuff was, but at one point, I literally went blind for about three minutes. I freaked the ***** out. No more for me, thanks.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
I hadn't smoked weed in years until I hooked up with my brother in law , who keeps a "garden" in northern Cali. Anyway, I don't know what the potency of that stuff was, but at one point, I literally went blind for about three minutes. I freaked the ***** out. No more for me, thanks.
Well smoke less.

Its not supposed to do that. Most people just smoke too much their first time, because they have no reference point. Its like drinking a 40oz of tequila, getting alcohol poisoning and saying "Booze aren't for me".

Joey Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
As long as you eat them
It was a 30 Rock reference (Jack Donaghy on his birthday).

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
It was a 30 Rock reference (Jack Donaghy on his birthday).
I remember that now. I was just trying to make a stupid joke.

It disappoints me that you can write a lyric very flippantly—and not a particularly good lyric—and it can mean so much to so many people. That's disillusioning for a writer - George Michael, Careless Whisper
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

WTF California

What's with your sky high tuition prices which cause many students to protest

Good job UC system

BTW Cal State system has sky high tuition too

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Aww, come on now. You just had to get personal. Just because you don't like conservatives.

Anyway, we will then have to start a like thread with links to Jussi's, JCD's, Silver's, and Led Zappa's posting histories.

We can all play that game.

OK, OK, maybe you aren't as bad as those other three, but you get the point.
Ok, I wouldn't include your posting history anymore, AP has taken stupidity and partizanship to a new level which I doubt you or anyone could reach.

Last edited by Jussi: 03-03-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:51 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
WTF California

What's with your sky high tuition prices which cause many students to protest

Good job UC system

BTW Cal State system has sky high tuition too
Used to be a very good deal for in-state students but basically because California can't raise money without their stupid propositions state funding was cut way back.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:35 AM
invictus

http://sfist.com/2012/02/24/large_na..._on_car_in.php

This seems like a big problem with California. NSFW (also not really safe for anything drinking or eating anything while viewing).

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 12:15 AM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...3822925.column

gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:39 AM
gra
Custom User Title

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=8587864

Old
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Doppler Drift

What in the name of FSM does that have to do with the governance of the State of California?

Also why don't you actually at least try and add your own thoughts and commentary instead just doing a fly-by post with a link to a story about a tragic crime.

BTW everyone, here is the actual headline and some of the story.

Quote:
Missing teen's dad is a registered sex offender

MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- This morning, Morgan Hill police will continue talking to registered sex offenders in the area - as their search for missing teen, Sierra Lamar, intensifies.

Meantime, ABC News has learned that Sierra's father, Steve LaMar, is a registered sex offender who lives in Fremont. He is listed under Megan's Law and was convicted of lewd and lascivious acts with a girl under the age of 14, stemming from a case in 2005. The girl came forward in 2007 and he was convicted. LaMar claims he is innocent in the disappearance of his daughter and police do not consider him a suspect.

"I spoke to her on Thursday night. She sounded real good. She was excited about a paper she was writing and she was telling me about that," said Steve LaMar.
AP, a true clown.

Old
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Free Kassian

Yeah, I'd like to see AP's connect-the-dots logic for this story. What a tool.

Free Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:57 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
What in the name of FSM does that have to do with the governance of the State of California?

Also why don't you actually at least try and add your own thoughts and commentary instead just doing a fly-by post with a link to a story about a tragic crime.

AP, a true clown.
He likes to portray himself as an educated man, but his posts reveal little insight or understanding...which one supposes is the hallmark of the well informed.

Maybe Devry University. Or a Glenn Beck College graduate?

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
He likes to portray himself as an educated man, but his posts reveal little insight or understanding...which one supposes is the hallmark of the well informed.

Maybe Devry University. Or a Glenn Beck College graduate?
Liberty U grad?

Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:37 PM
gra
Custom User Title

Quote:

Liberals like yourself should talk, try coming up with something not from the talking points of MoveOn.Org
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see AP's connect-the-dots logic for this story. What a tool.
We all know you support the NAMBLA. Hell, if dumbass liberals like yourself had your way, sex offenders would be allowed to see their own children they brought in this world or any child for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Says the 61 year old who thinks that that the only immigrants we have in the history of the United States come from Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Liberty U grad?
Another fine example of a California Libtard who is so stupid that he can't get into the CSU System.

Old
03-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Liberals like yourself should talk, try coming up with something not from the talking points of MoveOn.Org

We all know you support the NAMBLA. Hell, if dumbass liberals like yourself had your way, sex offenders would be allowed to see their own children they brought in this world.

Says the 61 year old who thinks that that the only immigrats we have in the history of the United States come from Mexico.

Another fine example of a California Libtard who is so stupid that he can't get into the CSU System.
Four swings, four complete misses...

That has to be a forum record.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post

We all know you support the NAMBLA. Hell, if dumbass liberals like yourself had your way, sex offenders would be allowed to see their own children they brought in this world or any child for that matter.

Says the 61 year old who thinks that that the only immigrants we have in the history of the United States come from Mexico.

Why are you such a bad troll? Stop being lazy and put some effort at least.

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Free Kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
Four swings, four complete misses...

That has to be a forum record.
Even for AP, that was really uninspired trolling.

Free Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote