HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - NJ

Old
03-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuklehead View Post
The potential to lose Parise for nothing has got to at least entertain the idea that Larsson could be had for a package similar to this, no?
No, because losing a LW does not make a defenceman available. What kind of logic is that?

Quote:
Booth would be a #1 LW on NJ if he went there.
No, no he wouldn't. Even if Parise leaves, both Kovalchuk and Elias are better options at LW than Booth. It's quickly becoming clear that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the Devils' depth chart and organisational needs.

Quote:
My bad I swore Kovi played on the right. Doesn't he and Parise play on the same line? Does Parise take the right then?
They do play on the same line, and yes, Kovalchuk does play the right side. But if Parise were to leave, I would assume that the coaching staff would put Kovy back on the left.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:44 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Booth as our #1 LW? That's a laugh and a half.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:58 AM
ShouldveDraftedFiala

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Booth as our #1 LW? That's a laugh and a half.
I assumed that Kovi would continue to play RW.

If that's the case, who would be your #1 LW then if Parise doesn't resign?

ShouldveDraftedFiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:32 PM
JimEIV

Quote:

With a healthy Zajac, Henrique and Josefson playing center the first line LW would be Kovalchuk without Parise and the 2nd would be possibly be Elias. Unless management decides to keep Elias at center and move one of Henrique or Josefson to LW.

I hope the Devils are able to resign Ponikarovsky, he recently has said he would be open to that. Which is another LW option.

The devils forward depth is better than it has been in ages and they have a lot of options for mixing and matching wingers and centers.

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
No, because losing a LW does not make a defenceman available. What kind of logic is that?

No, no he wouldn't. Even if Parise leaves, both Kovalchuk and Elias are better options at LW than Booth. It's quickly becoming clear that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the Devils' depth chart and organisational needs.

They do play on the same line, and yes, Kovalchuk does play the right side. But if Parise were to leave, I would assume that the coaching staff would put Kovy back on the left.
A first line player on New Jersey, barring some kind of crazy chemistry with Kovalchuk, Booth isn't. Addressing your second reply, goaltending aside, what are New Jersey's organizational needs? LW seems covered, and there seems to be more depth emerging at center...natural RWs? Sykora, Janssen, Bernier and Clarkson doesn't seem to be a super deep RW pool, even with Kovalchuk playing the right side.

D seems covered, Zidlicky, Greene, Larsson, Fayne, Volchenkov, Tallinder and even Salvador make a high quality group, even a source for tradebait.

Even goaltending, Brodeur and Hedberg are both doing well from the occasional game viewed and high lights/score sheet review, and I doubt both simply up and retire or leave immeadiately. Barring a deep, deep playoff run they both seem to have at least some gas in the tank left.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:42 PM
JimEIV

I would say the devils pressing need is RW, bottom 6 depth and defense.
They have a ton defense talent in the pipeline but it's just ready.

I don't think the RW and bottom 6 depth are enough of a need to give up any defense prospects though.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:43 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
The potential to lose Parise for nothing has got to at least entertain the idea that Larsson could be had for a package similar to this, no?
So because the Devils COULD lose Parise, they need to trade a 19 year franchise defensemen for a sophomore goalie and spare parts? What kind of ass-backwards logic is that?

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:44 PM
JimEIV

I'm pretty sure that New Jersey would have no problem with going with Hedberg and Brodeur for another year also.

Edit: I fully expect the Devils to use 3 or more goaltenders next season.

Old
03-03-2012, 02:19 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:

Elias or Henrique, but that's ASSUMING Kovalchuk would stay RW. Which he wouldn't.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 04:08 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Just awful

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
A first line player on New Jersey, barring some kind of crazy chemistry with Kovalchuk, Booth isn't. Addressing your second reply, goaltending aside, what are New Jersey's organizational needs? LW seems covered, and there seems to be more depth emerging at center...natural RWs? Sykora, Janssen, Bernier and Clarkson doesn't seem to be a super deep RW pool, even with Kovalchuk playing the right side.

D seems covered, Zidlicky, Greene, Larsson, Fayne, Volchenkov, Tallinder and even Salvador make a high quality group, even a source for tradebait.

Even goaltending, Brodeur and Hedberg are both doing well from the occasional game viewed and high lights/score sheet review, and I doubt both simply up and retire or leave immeadiately. Barring a deep, deep playoff run they both seem to have at least some gas in the tank left.
The Devils' most pressing needs (in no order) are top 6 RWs (might not be an issue if Parise stays and Kovy stays on the right side, or Henrique gets shifted over), NHL ready goaltending (likely to be addressed this summer), and a #1 defenceman (waiting for Larsson's development might be the best option here).

That's why it makes zero sense to trade Larsson. We expect him to develop into a player that fills one of our biggest needs. We want Schneider this summer, believe me, but Larsson would not be part of the deal.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Boyle Knows Santa

Jesus, Larsson is being underrated so hard here.

Number 1 defenseman are hard to find. Defensemen ready to play before age 20 are also rare. Combine the two, and you have a special player.

Larsson will be a number 1 D man in this league for a long, long time. He is not being moved.

And I'm a Rangers fan...

Boyle Knows Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:19 AM
apice3*

I think I can name like 7 players than would be our #1 LW before Booth.

I love the Parise might leave the Canucks menality. So let me get this straight. The Devils might lose Parise in the offseason, so they NEED to get something for him. But they NEED to give the team they give Parise too something because they might lose him too.

So really we get shortchanged for Parise since we can't retain him, and we have pay you if you can't retain him. Gotta love that one.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote