HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jonathan Audy-Marchessault and Marek Hrivik gaining interest from other NHL teams

Old
04-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Jonathan Audy-Marchessault and Marek Hrivik gaining interest from other NHL teams

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/?s=Hrivik

get these two locked up......they deserve an NHL contract with the Rangers....get rid of dead space like Bell, Newbury etc...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Vitto79

very confident both get signed. I doubt they get NHL deals so they will sign with the organization that gave him a chance.

Nice depth for CT / call ups........these two plus Miller, Thomas

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:46 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

What did the NY Post report? Brooks reported the Rangers want to sign the Slovak kid. That's it. Nothing else. The players playing under AHL or ATO contracts can't talk to other teams without the Rangers permission.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What did the NY Post report? Brooks reported the Rangers want to sign the Slovak kid. That's it. Nothing else. The players playing under AHL or ATO contracts can't talk to other teams without the Rangers permission.
is that true.....i didnt know that the NHL teams owns the rights of players on AHL contracts...i didnt think this was the case

Old
04-29-2012, 10:20 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
With the way our prospects have been developing I'm not exactly anxious to trade anyone lol.

Rick who?

Last edited by KingWantsCup: 04-29-2012 at 01:40 PM.
KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:27 AM
ck20

vCash: 50
I thought Bell and Newbury were "core"-ish players in the Whale? Or at least above average for the team.

Either way, I like JAM but I don't think there's any room for him in the foreseeable future to make the Rangers squad, barring some crazy surge by him and an absolute collapse from someone else. I remember watching him at Traverse City and I like the way he played, but his size is going to be what prevents him from getting a real look I think.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:33 AM
free0717

Just sign them. Hopefully, we can get rid of some of the busts like Klassen and Grant. Open up spots for these guys who have promise.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Just sign them. Hopefully, we can get rid of some of the busts like Klassen and Grant. Open up spots for these guys who have promise.
yea i dont understand why JAM didnt get an NHL contract...i never understood why NHL contracts were given to players who has no future with the Rangers like Grant Klassen and Chappell..i dont think they ever had an AHL deal to start......on another note i never understood why Wellman hasnt got a chance yet with injuries to Dubi and Boyle... i mean Eminger at forward

Old
04-29-2012, 11:21 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
yea i dont understand why JAM didnt get an NHL contract...i never understood why NHL contracts were given to players who has no future with the Rangers like Grant Klassen and Chappell..i dont think they ever had an AHL deal to start......on another note i never understood why Wellman hasnt got a chance yet with injuries to Dubi and Boyle... i mean Eminger at forward
Can't speak to the 2nd question, but regarding the 1st, I'd imagine it's because there was more competition for their services. JAM got an AHL contract because no one offered him an NHL contract.

Hope we get both kids signed. Even if they never play for the Rangers, they could possibly provide some value as trade chips.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:27 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
is that true.....i didnt know that the NHL teams owns the rights of players on AHL contracts...i didnt think this was the case
He's under contract to Connecticut. He can't talk to or sign with anyone else unless he is released from his contract with the Whale. Obviously Connecticut is our affiliate and their GM is Jim Schoenfeld, a Rangers employee. They operate to serve the Rangers. If the Rangers want to hang onto a player then the Whale will make that happen.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:20 PM
ilezia

I might be talking complete c**p but I have this feeling that there was something about JAM not wanting to sign a longer contract/NHL contract because he wanted to prove himself and thus gain a better contract, possibly from another team?

ilezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:28 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilezia View Post
I might be talking complete c**p but I have this feeling that there was something about JAM not wanting to sign a longer contract/NHL contract because he wanted to prove himself and thus gain a better contract, possibly from another team?
He took a one-year AHL deal rather than a two-year deal, feeling that he'd prove himself and earn an NHL ELC after just one AHL season.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote