HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Janik reassigned. Quincey playing tonight

Old
03-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Animus

vCash: 500
Janik reassigned. Quincey playing tonight

Im pretty sure this is no shocker to anyone but Doug Janik was reassigned to Grand Rapids and Kyle Quincey will be playing tonight. Links are below.

http://twitter.com/#!/detroitredwings

http://twitter.com/#!/griffinshockey

Didn't think Janik did too bad against Columbus considering that he only got 10-15 mins of ice time.

Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:26 PM
datsykiandeke
nose for the net

I liked how Janik played as well, as a matter of fact I thought our D did a good job even though it was CBJ we were playing.

datsykiandeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Vladdy84
NO HALF MEASURES KEN

It would be nice if they called up some forwards from the AHL until Datsyuk comes back.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Shoalzie
It's Not Complicated

Janik is a nice "in case of emergency, break glass" defenseman...Kindl and Smith should be playing ahead of him though. So, is Smitty still in?

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:49 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Im pretty sure this is no shocker to anyone but Doug Janik was reassigned to Grand Rapids and Kyle Quincey will be playing tonight. Links are below.

http://twitter.com/#!/detroitredwings

http://twitter.com/#!/griffinshockey

Didn't think Janik did too bad against Columbus considering that he only got 10-15 mins of ice time.
Nope, he didn't. Was very solid. And he actually got 18 minutes, 4th most out of the D's.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Animus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
Janik is a nice "in case of emergency, break glass" defenseman...Kindl and Smith should be playing ahead of him though. So, is Smitty still in?
I agree. From what I read earlier Kindl and Smith are the 3rd defensive pairing tonight.

Kronwall - White
Stuart - Quincey
Kindl - Smith

From what Babcock said about Lidstrom ankle injury not progressing the way he expected it to, I hope Quincey is good enough to go for a couple games cause if it's not I hope Janik likes the bus...

I guess we can expect our 7th Dman for the next month to be split between Kindl and Smith. I don't think that's too bad either...Smith just needs time and Kindl has to realize to move the puck faster in his own zone.

Old
03-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Heaton
||||||||||||||||||||

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I agree. From what I read earlier Kindl and Smith are the 3rd defensive pairing tonight.

Kronwall - White
Stuart - Quincey
Kindl - Smith

From what Babcock said about Lidstrom ankle injury not progressing the way he expected it to, I hope Quincey is good enough to go for a couple games cause if it's not I hope Janik likes the bus...

I guess we can expect our 7th Dman for the next month to be split between Kindl and Smith. I don't think that's too bad either...Smith just needs time and Kindl has to realize to move the puck faster in his own zone.
I think the top 4 for tonight are: Kronwall - Start and Quincey - White

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Animus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I think the top 4 for tonight are: Kronwall - Start and Quincey - White
aaaaand you're right and I'm wrong. Just read that from Ansar Khan...thought I read it differently. Ugh, just read the not good news about Datsyuk as well...still not skating.

Old
03-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Thats My Hat

Not surprising that Janik was reassigned to GR, even though he had a solid game. Smith and Kindl are the future, where as Janik's here for depth in case of injuries.

It's going to be interesting to see how these guys play tonight, seeing how these are probably the most likely D combinations post-Lidstrom (if we don't sign anyone).

Edit: Forgot about Stuart not planning on resigning. But yeah, still the most likely defensive pairs, just replace Stuart with Ericsson/Quincey or maybe even Smith.

Thats My Hat is offline   Reply With Quote