HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal and Edmonton at the draft

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2012, 01:18 PM
WestIslander

vCash: 500
Montreal and Edmonton at the draft

To Edmonton: Jarred Tinordi + Nathan Beaulieu
To Montreal: 2nd overall draft pick in 2012

Montreal drafts

2nd overall: Ryan Murray
3rd overall: Mikhael Grigorenko or Alex Glachenyuk

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Gionta - Plekanec - Grigorenko/Galchenyuk*
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Geoffrion - White - Moen

Markov - Murray
Gorges - Subban
St-Denis - Emelin

Price

*Grigorenko or Galchenyuk at right wing until we make room at centre through a trade etc.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Brian28

Not nearly enough for the 2nd overall. Yes we need D, but why wouldn't we just take Murray who has a higher ceiling than what you're offering?

Old
04-09-2012, 01:39 PM
TOGuy14

Zero chance that Edmonton would make that deal.

Swap out of of the two for Subban

Old
04-09-2012, 01:43 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Rather have the two D than 2nd overall right now. Yes, you can get a talented player and yada yada, but bealieau and tinordi will likely be top 4 d as well and they will be in the pros next year. I'd rather stick to that for now.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Pucklington

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
To Edmonton: Jarred Tinordi + Nathan Beaulieu
To Montreal: 2nd overall draft pick in 2012

Montreal drafts

2nd overall: Ryan Murray
3rd overall: Mikhael Grigorenko or Alex Glachenyuk

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Gionta - Plekanec - Grigorenko/Galchenyuk*
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Geoffrion - White - Moen

Markov - Murray
Gorges - Subban
St-Denis - Emelin

Price

*Grigorenko or Galchenyuk at right wing until we make room at centre through a trade etc.
Edm counters with:

Tyler Pitlick, Jeff Petry for 3rd overall. The value is comparable, but doesn't seem as fair anymore.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Koto

no..

Old
04-09-2012, 01:47 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucklington View Post
Edm counters with:

Tyler Pitlick, Jeff Petry for 3rd overall. The value is comparable, but doesn't seem as fair anymore.
I don't see how these two guys match Bealieau and Tinordi. I get the point you were trying to make, but it's not close.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:49 PM
darenshan54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I don't see how these two guys match Bealieau and Tinordi. I get the point you were trying to make, but it's not close.
It be more like oscar kelfbom + magnus paajarvi for 3rd overall, would you do it?

Old
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by darenshan54 View Post
It be more like oscar kelfbom + magnus paajarvi for 3rd overall, would you do it?
Agreed, that is a little generous, but it's certainly more accurate than the previous counter. I would not and never said edmonton would

Old
04-09-2012, 01:53 PM
FanHabtic

Habs are better off keeping Tinordi and Beaulieu. Both Tinordi and Beaulieu are on track and will be in the AHL next season (unless one of them makes the jump). They also bring diverse skillsets (one is a defensive d-man the other offensive). Its not like we have an abundance of either in the pipeline.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Rather have the two D than 2nd overall right now. Yes, you can get a talented player and yada yada, but bealieau and tinordi will likely be top 4 d as well and they will be in the pros next year. I'd rather stick to that for now.
When people say "top 4" what they really mean is "second pairing" Thats the upside of Tinordi, and Bealieu. The Oilers already have Kelfbom, Marincin, Gernat, Musil, Blain, Davidson, and Tuebert with "top four" aka 2nd pairing potential. Murray has top pairing potential.

Not a chance from the Oilers. Like another poster said: "would you trade Kelfbom, and Paajarvi for 3rd overall? probably not

Old
04-09-2012, 01:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Habs are better off keeping Tinordi and Beaulieu. Both Tinordi and Beaulieu are on track and will be in the AHL next season (unless one of them makes the jump). They also bring diverse skillsets (one is a defensive d-man the other offensive). Its not like we have an abundance of either in the pipeline.
I agree. Habs don't have the luxury to trade quantity for quality. Tinordi and beaulieu will both be top 4 d-men with different skillsets that the habs can use. They will even likely get a few games in as soon as next year. While murray will likely be the better player, habs have a very weak prospect pool as their key pieces pretty much all graduated. They need to restock with diverse skillsets and the habs having 3rd overall and a few 2nd rounders in next two years should provide the habs with some diversity. Maybe after that, when the current vet core(gionta, gomez, kaberle, cole, markov) reach UFA status the habs will seek some extra quality, but for now, habs need a little bit of everything for the future.

Old
04-09-2012, 01:58 PM
FanHabtic

I wonder how Murray would rank in last year's draft? Would he have been the highest drafted d-man in that draft? (ahead of Larsson?)

Old
04-09-2012, 02:01 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
When people say "top 4" what they really mean is "second pairing" Thats the upside of Tinordi, and Bealieu. The Oilers already have Kelfbom, Marincin, Gernat, Musil, Blain, Davidson, and Tuebert with "top four" aka 2nd pairing potential. Murray has top pairing potential.

Not a chance from the Oilers. Like another poster said: "would you trade Kelfbom, and Paajarvi for 3rd overall? probably not
I responded and said if I were oilers I wouldn't either.

The upside of beaulieu isn't 2nd pairing. His upside is 1st pairing. I went conservative. He's listed as the habs #1 prospect. Habs were very pleased to get him at 17th overall. Many felt he slid down a few spots and should've been higher. Does this justify trading for him? of course not, but all i'm saying is his upside isn't marginal.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:02 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I wonder how Murray would rank in last year's draft? Would he have been the highest drafted d-man in that draft? (ahead of Larsson?)
Doubt it. I don't know if Murray would've been ahead of Hamilton either, but I don't know much about Murray.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Probably 2nd highest D in the draft. Larsson was debated to be potential 1st overall.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
TSA0402

Edmonton gets shafted. This should be interesting...

Old
04-09-2012, 02:07 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Edmonton gets shafted. This should be interesting...
not really, most openly admit edmonton doesn't do it.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
not really, most openly admit edmonton doesn't do it.
I think you've done your best at "damage control"

Old
04-09-2012, 02:20 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Quote:
wrong. those montreal prospects are ****.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
It's fairly similar. Petry is the best defenseman, he's already a solid top 4 guy with top pairing potential. Bealieau is overrated IMO and is only a slightly better prospect than Pitlick.

Klefbom is the top prospect in the conversation, there is a reason he was an all star at the WJC. Paajarvi is a better prospect too. This isn't about the same thing at all, it's better.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:31 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
It's fairly similar. Petry is the best defenseman, he's already a solid top 4 guy with top pairing potential. Bealieau is overrated IMO and is only a slightly better prospect than Pitlick.

Klefbom is the top prospect in the conversation, there is a reason he was an all star at the WJC. Paajarvi is a better prospect too. This isn't about the same thing at all, it's better.
So basically all the Oiler prospects mentioned > Beaulieu/Tinordi as seen from your blue/gold glasses.

Beaulieu = overrated and slightly better than Pitlick? Good god.

Old
palindrom

Montreal need to trade down to draft another Subban.

Old
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Probably 2nd highest D in the draft. Larsson was debated to be potential 1st overall.
Murray being an older birthday was discussed at the draft a lot last year, most felt he would have more offense by now and would have been in conversation for 1st overall. There was certainly those who would have taken him over Larsson.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post

I wouldn't do Tyler Pitlick & Jeff Petry for Tinordi and beaulieu. Probably edmonton fans wouldn't either, but I'm good with these two prospects. If you feel otherwise, that's fine too.

Closed Thread