HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 QMJHL Draft Prospects?

Old
03-02-2012, 01:55 PM
hockeyman99

vCash: 500
2013 QMJHL Draft Prospects?

Who would be Some of the draft prospects for the 97 age Q draft.

hockeyman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:36 PM
IslandScouter

PEI's best would be

Alex Gallant
Kameron Kielly
Michael White
Tanner Mccabe
Curtis McGregor
Darryl McCallum

IslandScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Breakfast of Champs

97 or 96?

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Brion Burry

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman10 View Post
97 or 96?
this would be 97's

Brion Burry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:36 PM
hockeyman99

Yes 97's

hockeyman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:56 PM
welcometothebigshow2

I don't many but from what I hear, the front runners are:
1. Nathan Noel
2. Jeremy Roy
3. Luc Deschenes

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
IslandScouter

Sorry I thought you meant 2012 draft, top prospects for next years draft from pei would include:

Jonathan Larter
Cole Hackett
Max Morrision
Jonathan Arsenault
Sebastian Cormier
Logan Toole

Nathan Noel should go first overall. and Luc Deschenes very high pick

IslandScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy98 View Post
Sorry I thought you meant 2012 draft, top prospects for next years draft from pei would include:

Jonathan Larter
Cole Hackett
Max Morrision
Jonathan Arsenault
Sebastian Cormier
Logan Toole

Nathan Noel should go first overall. and Luc Deschenes very high pick
Unless Hackett, Morrison, and Toole, improve their foot speed DRASTICALLY, I don't see much of a future for any of them in the Q. All three are very strong on the puck, great shots, and good hands, but without speed, where will that take you. I agree about Larter, Arsenault, and Cormier though. As of now, Larter should go top 4 rounds, with the other two in the 6-8 rounds.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Old hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Unless Hackett, Morrison, and Toole, improve their foot speed DRASTICALLY, I don't see much of a future for any of them in the Q. All three are very strong on the puck, great shots, and good hands, but without speed, where will that take you. I agree about Larter, Arsenault, and Cormier though. As of now, Larter should go top 4 rounds, with the other two in the 6-8 rounds.
I'am not so sure about L Deschenes as of late he is slipping on the draft list and very poor the last time or two that I saw him and it to bad maybe 2 or 3 more years of midget he will get back to where he should be as of now a lot of mistakes not much play making causing turnovers penatlys but because of his size he use to fit in with older kids now he just needs time for his thinking to catch up

Old hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 04:04 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old hockey View Post
I'am not so sure about L Deschenes as of late he is slipping on the draft list and very poor the last time or two that I saw him and it to bad maybe 2 or 3 more years of midget he will get back to where he should be as of now a lot of mistakes not much play making causing turnovers penatlys but because of his size he use to fit in with older kids now he just needs time for his thinking to catch up
You have to remember though, he is 14 playing with kids as old as 18. Obviously he will not be as good as he used to be. The kid doesn't have any spectacular talent, but you can't say what he has done hasn't been pretty good.

Old
06-09-2012, 04:23 PM
BigDreamer

Dalton Doire is 15 years old (5/8/97) he is going into his first year with the Junior A u20 New England Stars. He is about 5"10 140 and had a great year last with a 1.43 goals against adverage on his triple AAA 97 elite team who lost there championship game in double overtime. Dalton also just won the reigional part of the international goaltenders competition for his age group.

Last edited by BigDreamer: 06-09-2012 at 07:53 PM.
BigDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:09 AM
Hometownhero

Interesting

Hometownhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

first overall should be Nicolas Roy....Jeremy Roy would be 1st but he is saying he is going NCAA......Nathan Noel should be third overall....and the next few great ones are:

Luc Deschense
Anthony Beauvillier
Daniel Sprong
Campbell Pickard
Nicolas Meloche
Jason Bell
J-M Leblanc
Olivier Galipeau
Brandon Gignac
Julien Gauthier
Guillaume Brisebois
Jordan Ty Fournier
Alexandre Drapeau
Will Thompson
Gabriel Fontaine
Philippe Chamberland

scoutman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
first overall should be Nicolas Roy....Jeremy Roy would be 1st but he is saying he is going NCAA......Nathan Noel should be third overall....and the next few great ones are:

Luc Deschense
Anthony Beauvillier
Daniel Sprong
Campbell Pickard
Nicolas Meloche
Jason Bell
J-M Leblanc
Olivier Galipeau
Brandon Gignac
Julien Gauthier
Guillaume Brisebois
Jordan Ty Fournier
Alexandre Drapeau
Will Thompson
Gabriel Fontaine
Philippe Chamberland
Is Sprong eligible? I have been reading conflicting things.

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:06 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta tough View Post
Why wouldn't he be? 1997 and Quebec born ...

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:09 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta tough View Post
yes he is eligible....he is playing midget espoir instead of midget aaa because last year since he is from Poland I think it is he was unable to play in midget as an exceptional player so instead of playing bantam again which he destroyed the year before he went to the USA to play with better competition, this year since he left the lac st louis program last year (they are a super political team doing things their own way rather than what is best for the organization) he ticked off the coach and owners and everyone since they wanted him to stay around in a league he had like 80 points in 20 games in the year before and was on pace for like 140 points in 30 games the year he left....so now Sprong and the coach of the midget aaa team do not see eye to eye and he does not want him up so he is destroying Espoir right now and is a great prospect.......so he is eligable just a lot of stuff going on behind the scene with him.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:12 PM
wings5

Quote:
yes he is eligible....he is playing midget espoir instead of midget aaa because last year since he is from Poland I think it is he was unable to play in midget as an exceptional player so instead of playing bantam again which he destroyed the year before he went to the USA to play with better competition, this year since he left the lac st louis program last year (they are a super political team doing things their own way rather than what is best for the organization) he ticked off the coach and owners and everyone since they wanted him to stay around in a league he had like 80 points in 20 games in the year before and was on pace for like 140 points in 30 games the year he left....so now Sprong and the coach of the midget aaa team do not see eye to eye and he does not want him up so he is destroying Espoir right now and is a great prospect.......so he is eligable just a lot of stuff going on behind the scene with him.
Poland? I'm pretty sure he is from Netherlands.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:13 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old hockey View Post
Deschenes is starting to really turn his game up in the 2nd half of the season and he is taking his chances and going end to end which made him special before....his imagination with the puck and ability to go one on one with players himself as a defender is really starting to shine through now...the guy is finally starting to climb the ladder again...but you were right he was slipping but is now back on the climb.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:17 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Poland? I'm pretty sure he is from Netherlands.
you are correct it is netherlands

Old
01-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up.

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:59 AM
hab 4ever

Quote:

Luc Deschense
Anthony Beauvillier
Daniel Sprong
Campbell Pickard
Nicolas Meloche
Jason Bell
J-M Leblanc
Olivier Galipeau
Brandon Gignac
Julien Gauthier
Guillaume Brisebois
Jordan Ty Fournier
Alexandre Drapeau
Will Thompson
Gabriel Fontaine
Philippe Chamberland
Say a team is drafting fifth overall and the top-4 goes mostly as planned (2 Roys, Noel and Beauvilier) and said team is dying to improve on defence, whick defencement should they pick between Meloche, Deschênes and Bell? How do they compare in terms of strengths and weaknesses? Does any of them have potential as an early-round NHL draft prospect in 2015? And why no Frederic Allard?

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Garyboy

If Sprong as an ox is deemed eligible, he should go first. Noel and Deschesne aren't on his level.

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:40 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Say a team is drafting fifth overall and the top-4 goes mostly as planned (2 Roys, Noel and Beauvilier) and said team is dying to improve on defence, whick defencement should they pick between Meloche, Deschênes and Bell? How do they compare in terms of strengths and weaknesses? Does any of them have potential as an early-round NHL draft prospect in 2015? And why no Frederic Allard?
Luc Deschenes I would expect be number 2 dman taken.....his ability to turn it on offensivly is better than Roy when he wants too....it is hard to say with Deschenes he plays like he doesn't care on the ice and it is hard to say if he is bored with his league or what....me and my head scout both think he is the number 2 dman.....

Bell is on the rise and I would take him before Meloche....all three all skilled though.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:06 AM
hab 4ever

Any chance one of the excellent top '97 in New England makes it to the Q (Hannifin/Askew/White/Fitzgerald)? Hearing Askew is most likely.

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:49 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Everything you said here is true... There's a bigger and worse reason for him not being in AAA.

As you said a lot of drama, there's like 10 reasons why he's not in AAA...

The kid gets so much hate though.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote