HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weekend GDT: Fri - Bingo @ 'Cuse 7:30 | Sat - @ Hershey 7 pm | Sun - SJ @ Bingo 5 pm

Old
03-03-2012, 03:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Manchester has played 59 games to our 57..it's a real long shot but w/ Bishop playing well and if he remains here, anything can happen..

We need a strong game from McKenna tonight in Hershey..
Why is McKenna playing against HERSHEY. Wtf?

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 03:35 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Game Day No. 58 Sens @ Hershey into the Bears Den tonite.

Into the Bears Den tonite.

Joy Lindsay ‏
PSBJoyOnTheSens

Game Day No. 58

3/3/2012

Who: Binghamton Senators at Hershey Bears.

What: Fifty-eighth game of the 2011-12 season.

When: 7 p.m.

Where: GIANT Center, Hershey, Pa.

Affiliations: Hershey is the American Hockey League affiliate of the Washington Capitals. Binghamton has been affiliated with the Ottawa Senators since 2002.

Season series: Bears lead 4-1.

Standings: B-Sens — 23-30-2-2 (50 points), 5th in the East Division, 15th in the Eastern Conference. Bears — 29-19-4-5 (67 points), 3rd in the division, 4th in the conference.

Ranks: B-Sens — 3rd in power play (50-of-239 for 20.9%), 30th in penalty killing (178-of-229 for 77.7%). Bears — 1st in power play (72-of-264 for 27.3%), 9th in penalty killing (234-of-279 for 83.9%).

Last games: The B-Sens are coming off a 5-2 win over the Syracuse Crunch last night in Syracuse. The Bears are coming off a 2-1 loss to the Norfolk Admirals on Wednesday in Norfolk.

Notable: The B-Sens are 3-13-1-1 at the GIANT Center in the past five years, and have not won there since Feb. 12, 2011. ... Jacob Micflikier has two goals and six assists in five games against the B-Sens this season, while Graham Mink has three goals and three helpers. ... Corey Locke is the B-Sens' leading scorer against the Bears this season, despite playing in only three of the teams' previous meetings. He has one goal and three assists. ... André Petersson, who scored his first goal in over a month last night, has two goals and one assist in four games against the Bears.

Via Joy

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 03:54 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Why is McKenna playing against HERSHEY. Wtf?
ReginKarlssonLehner:

Bishop played last nite in Syracuse.

So they will go with McKenna in goal tonite in the Bears Den. He could use a game.

Bishop is slated to start Sunday in Binghamton against a very tough Ice Cap team.

Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire this weekend.......

Old
03-03-2012, 04:41 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
ReginKarlssonLehner:

Bishop played last nite in Syracuse.

So they will go with McKenna in goal tonite in the Bears Den. He could use a game.

Bishop is slated to start Sunday in Binghamton against a very tough Ice Cap team.

Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire this weekend.......
Ahh, we have another game on Sunday. Makes more sense, thanks for the clarification Zeke.

I actually think we can come out of this well with a strong goalie inbetween the pipes.

Amazing what great goaltending can offer a team..

Old
03-03-2012, 05:32 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Manchester has played 59 games to our 57..it's a real long shot but w/ Bishop playing well and if he remains here, anything can happen..

We need a strong game from McKenna tonight in Hershey..
Yeah and I'm sure Spezza19 will not hesitate to inform you that Bishop will be up in Ottawa as soon as Andy returns.

Edit: wow for those of you with ahllive.com you'll see tonight's game is being broadcast in WIDESCREEN...Hershey must have an HD scoreboard.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 05:57 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Game on !

Old
03-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Down 2-0 and outshot 17-2 in the first period. Amateurs.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:50 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Potulny back to haunt us.

Old
03-03-2012, 07:35 PM
senators101

why 3 games in 3 days? that's ridiculous.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:18 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Well nothing like a nice goose egg on a Saturday night. Bears win 3-0. McKenna with 34 saves so he did all he could.

Old
03-03-2012, 08:47 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Final Stats.......

From the Bears Den Tonite.....

Binghamton Senators 0 at Hershey Bears 3 - Status: Final
Saturday, March 3, 2012 - Giant Center

Binghamton 0 0 0 - 0
Hershey 2 1 0 - 3

1st Period-1, Hershey, Greentree 5 (Mink, Potulny), 12:44. 2, Hershey, Potulny 21 (Mink, Greentree), 14:50. Penalties-No Penalties

2nd Period-3, Hershey, Mink 16 (Eakin), 19:15. Penalties-Greentree Her (tripping), 1:09; Kane Her (high-sticking), 4:12; Conboy Bng (roughing), 9:10; Rechlicz Her (roughing, unsportsmanlike conduct), 9:10; Locke Bng (hooking), 9:36; McKenna Bng (delay of game), 19:18.

3rd Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Schira Bng (elbowing), 14:08; Gryba Bng (slashing), 16:19; Lessard Bng (high-sticking), 19:22.

Shots on Goal-Binghamton 2-9-6-17. Hershey 17-9-12-38.
Power Play Opportunities-Binghamton 0 / 3; Hershey 0 / 5.
Goalies-Binghamton, McKenna 13-17-1 (38 shots-35 saves). Hershey, Holtby 20-14-2 (17 shots-17 saves).
A-10,818
Referees-Jon McIsaac (39), Geno Binda (22).
Linesmen-Jud Ritter (34), Randy Sappo (78).

Old
03-03-2012, 09:12 PM
starling

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
McKenna with 34 saves so he did all he could.
Watched only first period and both goals were kinda weak...

starling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:17 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Well nothing like a nice goose egg on a Saturday night. Bears win 3-0. McKenna with 34 saves so he did all he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Watched only first period and both goals were kinda weak...
LOL, oh Main. I remember last time Lehner let in 4 goals and got a thrashing even though he made 43 saves which you left out

Old
03-03-2012, 09:35 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senators101 View Post
why 3 games in 3 days? that's ridiculous.
Senators101:

AHL plays 3 games in 3 nites a lot, Friday, Satutday, and Sunday.

Way it is.

This yr they stopped playing 4 games in 5 days. That was BRUTAL..............

Old
03-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Lurch

I was at the game and really hoped to get a look at Bishop. Don't let the score fool you, Bingo played a great game. Potulney was on fire, thanks I love that guy. Your D absolutely shut down the cross ice passes. The 2nd goal would infuriate me were i a Bingo fan as it looks like our forwards just pushed everyone into the crease football style.

I hope to get to a game in your barn one day, great team, great fans, and you are not Wilkes Barre.

Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
I was at the game and really hoped to get a look at Bishop. Don't let the score fool you, Bingo played a great game. Potulney was on fire, thanks I love that guy. Your D absolutely shut down the cross ice passes. The 2nd goal would infuriate me were i a Bingo fan as it looks like our forwards just pushed everyone into the crease football style.

I hope to get to a game in your barn one day, great team, great fans, and you are not Wilkes Barre.
You guys have some key injuries/call-ups but your city and barn are always the pinnacle of the A..

And thanks for the classy compliments..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:26 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Thanks Lurch......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post

Lurch:

Thanks for the kind words....

Will take your word for it. From AHL live it seemed the Sens were over matched, & could not generate offense.

You were there so you know better as hockey is so much better in person.

Hershey is the class of the AHL, fans are always nice to me down there. I miss the old Hershey Park Arena loved that building you could feel the tradition of all the great games played their.....

Get another Cup this yr........

Wilkes Barre they suffer from a sense of entitlement, & can be abrasive......

I have a friend from that area who rubbed in to me during all our weak yrs.

He stopped up last summer I took him to go and see the Calder Cup. Told him it took me 38 yrs to win a Cup, now you can't ever take that away from me. As I have listened too all your crap for the past 10 yrs, about the Pens are so great, and how crappy Binghamton is. I asked him where was his Cup....... This yr he has not told me how crappy Binghamton is.........................

Old
03-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:

He stopped up last summer I took him to go and see the Calder Cup. Told him it took me 38 yrs to win a Cup, now you can't ever take that away from me. As I have listened too all your crap for the past 10 yrs, about the Pens are so great, and how crappy Binghamton is. I asked him where was his Cup....... This yr he has not told me how crappy Binghamton is.........................

Doesn't get any better then that..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:36 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
I don't know why but this had me on the edge of tearing up.

Great story and so happy for you Zeke!

Old
03-04-2012, 08:09 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
LOL, oh Main. I remember last time Lehner let in 4 goals and got a thrashing even though he made 43 saves which you left out
I can't seem to find the GDT I posted for the Jan 20th game? Did I miss one? Look even if that's the case no disrespect to Lehner. If he's got what everyone says he has then good for him and good for the Sens and I'm looking forward to it! I've said this numerous times: I was initially critical of Lehner because I felt he was just kind of labeled as the #1 in Bingo even though he hadn't earned anything (in my eyes). I understand Brust was there as a mere means and that's fine - but he basically did a majority of the work to get Bingo into the position to make the playoffs and then I felt Lehner basically "cleaned up". Two of the series were in Game 7's in OT which could have gone either way, mind you.

But that's all water under the bridge now and thank you for bringing the 43 save performance to my attention.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:53 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
I can't seem to find the GDT I posted for the Jan 20th game? Did I miss one? Look even if that's the case no disrespect to Lehner. If he's got what everyone says he has then good for him and good for the Sens and I'm looking forward to it! I've said this numerous times: I was initially critical of Lehner because I felt he was just kind of labeled as the #1 in Bingo even though he hadn't earned anything (in my eyes). I understand Brust was there as a mere means and that's fine - but he basically did a majority of the work to get Bingo into the position to make the playoffs and then I felt Lehner basically "cleaned up". Two of the series were in Game 7's in OT which could have gone either way, mind you.

But that's all water under the bridge now and thank you for bringing the 43 save performance to my attention.
Anytime, bro. Always here for ya

Old
03-04-2012, 04:07 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

St. Johns @ Bingo now on.

Old
03-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

Quote:
no klinky. trouble?

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er

Quote:
Nice, thanks!

Kinjero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:21 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
no klinky. trouble?
removed

Last edited by MainDotC: 03-04-2012 at 04:39 PM.