HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is tonight's win in Washington D.C. our signature win/turning point of the season?

Old
03-03-2012, 06:11 PM
guyincognito

vCash: 500
Yayo doesn't do anything offensively.... but he's a plus player? +5 now I think?

I could show you a few guys who do nothing offensively and are trotting around huge -'s, aka the 4th line.

He's a sound player. If anything, this shows how bad they botched with Zharkov this year, another guy who might not produce alot, but is sound.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
Yayo doesn't do anything offensively.... but he's a plus player? +5 now I think?

I could show you a few guys who do nothing offensively and are trotting around huge -'s, aka the 4th line.

He's a sound player. If anything, this shows how bad they botched with Zharkov this year, another guy who might not produce alot, but is sound.
Agreed. I take Zharkov over Boulton/Janssen quite easily.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:19 PM
SeversonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post

I think Josefson will get better offensively as he gets more seasoning at the NHL level. You can see the skills are there, but he has to adjust to the NHL, and continue to improve his game. Defensively I am pretty happy with his game, can always get better, but I trust him on the ice. He also needs to get stronger as well, he is still pretty soft.

SeversonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:41 PM
johnnydrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by spigavich628 View Post
hmm...Im thinkin we could use a trollface on zuby here.
As a long time Capitals fan, and admirer of Zubie, I was showing my lovely wife the celebratory "Zubrus Tumble", when she remarked "oh, that was a little dangerous of him, he could have cut someone with his skate", but then, before I could say anything, she continued "...mind you, theres no Caps anywhere near him..."
Which was the case all night!

lol

Sorry my chaps didnt even have the decency to turn up last night, for the game against the Devils....and thank you Coach DeBoar for reighning the Devils big guns in, because they could have embarrased us even more.

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
As a long time Capitals fan, and admirer of Zubie, I was showing my lovely wife the celebratory "Zubrus Tumble", when she remarked "oh, that was a little dangerous of him, he could have cut someone with his skate", but then, before I could say anything, she continued "...mind you, theres no Caps anywhere near him..."
Which was the case all night!

lol

Sorry my chaps didnt even have the decency to turn up last night, for the game against the Devils....and thank you Coach DeBoar for reighning the Devils big guns in, because they could have embarrased us even more.
Parise did score a hat trick, so I'm not so sure that the big guns were reigned too far in. Kovy's been slumping for a while, but he's still producing points which is nice.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige14 View Post
I think Josefson will get better offensively as he gets more seasoning at the NHL level. You can see the skills are there, but he has to adjust to the NHL, and continue to improve his game. Defensively I am pretty happy with his game, can always get better, but I trust him on the ice. He also needs to get stronger as well, he is still pretty soft.
Give Josefson some time. His injury history concerns me, but not that much. I just watch him skate and there are times I would swear he was Elias. The fact that he has as the second digit of his number doesn't help.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:49 PM
johnnydrum

No, sir, what I mean, is in the 3rd, he spread the lines out, you know.
Zach Parise, Zubie, Patrik, Ilya had well and truly "done us in" by what, 26:minutes into the game.
It could have been worse, if he let them loose in the 3rd period too....lol
We took a bloody good pasting, by a Team of Proffesional Hockey Players, who looked light years ahead of my Capitals.
Fitter, Faster, Bigger, Stronger...

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:53 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boring Trap View Post
Muttley lost his avy. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
THIS. I'm in shock...still. And I'm late to this discussion. But I don't give a damn!

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:07 PM
None Shall Pass
Cory Stops All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
Parise ended the Capital's 224 regular season games streak of not allowing a hat trick (which was the longest current NHL streak).
Our streak is like, 3 or 4 games.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
Our streak is like, 3 or 4 games.
Actually, right now it's 1.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Actually, right now it's 1.
I was about to say

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:11 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

The hat tricks we've witnessed this season.

Joffrey Lupul- November 2nd 2011
Ilya Kovalchuk- February 14th 2012
Martin St.Louis- February 26th 2012
David Krejci- March 1st 2012
Zach Parise- March 2nd 2012

EliasR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

This game might have been the best 3rd period that we actually were WINNING coming into the period the whole season.

I wasn't convinced of a win or at least a win free of scary moments when the 3rd started. Thinking about when we were up 6-0 on Philly, and let them come back, and squeaked by 6-4. With about 15 minutes left though I was confident we were winning it by a wide margin.

By about 8 minutes left I was pretty confident we would get a shutout unless the Caps got just one lucky goal out of us.

The beginning of the game there were a lot of odd man rushes. Luckily the big one Hedberg saved. Zidlicky had a giveaway right in front of our net in the 2nd, but luckily nothing became of it.

Scary moments for Zach. Thought it was our luck to lose him in his best game of the season. Glad to see him back out on the bench in the 3rd.

I didn't notice too many times we struggled to clear the zone this game. One time late in the 2nd, but that's about it.

Play like that tomorrow against the Islanders, and we're gonna send Nabokov running for the KHL.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

I'm pretty confident Josefson is gonna wind up one of the best picks from his draft. Stats may not make it obvious, but just like Elias, he's gonna end up being someone we wouldnt trade for anyone else. I'm drunk. Does this make sense?

Old
03-03-2012, 11:11 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Does Yayo really have Elias's ceiling? I'm not seeing it.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

Josefson will get some in.

Sometimes he reminds me of Tedenby this season only Tedenby wouldn't finish his chances, and put them on net. Josefson seems to make it to the goal, but is denied a lot. Kinda reminds me of Henrique before he got his first goal, but it's just taking Josefson a little longer.

He had a few goals last season, but maybe he'll get his first here soon for us of the season. I think he will soon here.

Old
03-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boring Trap View Post
Does Yayo really have Elias's ceiling? I'm not seeing it.
LOL he did say he was drunk now!

I think Josefson might have a good future. After last year I thought Tedenby, and Palmieri were gonna be great too, but they both flopped. Tedenby single handedly won a couple games for us last year. He was better under Maclean, than Jacques. One of the few.

Old
03-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post

I think Josefson might have a good future. After last year I thought Tedenby, and Palmieri were gonna be great too, but they both flopped. Tedenby single handedly won a couple games for us last year. He was better under Maclean, than Jacques. One of the few.
Funny Guy. What an ignorant post

Tedenby is 22. He has not flopped. That is one of the dumbest things ive heard on the Devils forum (Main Board doesnt count)

Yayo does have an Elias ceiling (IMO)
He has such great patience, much like Patty. Yayo defensive game is phenomenal, better than Henrique's . Yayo has not produced much offense because he has mostly been on the 4th line, pinned in his own zone. Now on the 3rd line, he has looked much better. He is creating chances, just hasnt finished. He looked great early on before his injury. Only thing that worries me are the injuries

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post

See, I saw Tedenby and Palmieri last season, and I wasn't really sold on either of them. ESPECIALLY Palmieri. But watching Josefson, and hearing the way Lemaire raved about him, I got a great feeling. He's something special, at least in terms of hockey IQ. Henrique always got the same kinda praise; that he absolutely oozed hockey sense. But Henrique had an easier transition playing on North American ice and getting a full year of top minutes in Albany. Yayo will catch up. Or he'll at least get his time to shine.

Still drunk, though.

Old
03-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige14 View Post
He needs some more confidence in his shot, and he needs to be a little tougher and stronger on the puck, but as others have said, his two-way game is coming along very nicely. He'll have a breakout season within a couple years, I think.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:00 AM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

Josefson was the reason that fourth line didn't look like **** when he was on it.

EliasR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Funny Guy. What an ignorant post

Tedenby is 22. He has not flopped. That is one of the dumbest things ive heard on the Devils forum (Main Board doesnt count)

Yayo does have an Elias ceiling (IMO)
He has such great patience, much like Patty. Yayo defensive game is phenomenal, better than Henrique's . Yayo has not produced much offense because he has mostly been on the 4th line, pinned in his own zone. Now on the 3rd line, he has looked much better. He is creating chances, just hasnt finished. He looked great early on before his injury. Only thing that worries me are the injuries
What is the obsession with Tedenby?

By flopped I don't mean his career is over. I mean he didn't have nearly the season this year as he did last year.

He flopped for this season how is that?

Why is it when you criticize Tedenby you get called ignorant?

Criticize, and complain about Clarkson the 25 goal scorer that's cool, criticize Marty for giving up a bad goal despite saving MANY big ones, and winning the game 3-1, that's cool too. Criticize Sykora who has replaced another guy for 8 times less the cost, and put in at least twice as many points, and that's great also.

I swear people defend Tedenby like he's Scott Stevens in 2000.

Like I said though his career isn't over. I think he'll be back next year in the lineup. Don't know if he'll be the next Parise for this team, but he will be back next season I believe.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:24 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Should Tedenby be TRADED?

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:33 AM
kiwidevil

You are so irrational. All your posts are if you are screaming in a tirade about to set yourself on fire.

kiwidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Tedenby has some more development to go before he becomes an effective NHL player. I hope the Devils don't give up on him before then.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote