HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues at San Jose Sharks --- 9:30pm (FSMW, KMOX)

Old
03-04-2012, 07:10 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Last year Crawford was in the middle of an impressive rookie season and this year he's godawful. I've watched enough of their games to believe the Blues playing the intense style they've gotten used to playing with home ice, I just can't picture the Hawks beating them. Obviously upsets happen in hockey so nothing is a guarantee but they just don't worry me, the Blackhawks.

Ideal (somewhat realistic) finish:

1. St. Louis
2. Vancouver
3. Phoenix
4. Detroit
5. Nashville
6. San Jose
7. Chicago
8. Whomever

Blues host Whomever, then San Jose, then Vancouver/Detroit/Nashville survivor.

Alternate:

1. Vancouver
2. St. Louis
3. Phoenix
4. Detroit
5. Nashville
6. Chicago
7. San Jose
8. Whomever

Blues play San Jose then Phoenix then whichever survivor among Vancouver/Detroit/Nashville.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

I can see the alternate scenario. Doesn't even seem all that unrealistic depending on how long some of Detroit's players are out

Falco Lombardi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Fred Murtz

vCash: 500
Technical difficulties

Pre Game video from last night. JD at 11:55

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:27 PM
ItsOnlytheRiver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Besides the game in early December, Chicago has never made the Blues look "pretty bad" this season. We made them look pretty bad in the first game under Hitch.

It's been a pretty even series so far this season each team having a dominate win while Chicago beat us by one on their home ice.
Well, sure, if you throw out that one game then the Blackhawks haven't made them look bad. Sorry I'm not putting much stock in the 3-0 win, but I don't think the Blues were losing to anyone that night. Not an uncommon occurrence for a team to play unbelievable hockey after a coaching change.

Yes the Blues lost both games on back to backs, but Chicago was playing back to back as well both times.

I guess we'll have a better idea after Tuesday and just for the record I think the Blues are the better team right now and should win a series against them, but I think the conditions would be right for an upset against them.

ItsOnlytheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:40 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Unfortunately Rattie's team just lost in the final minute to the team they're trying to beat for the title. He had two assists in the game but Tri-City scored with 52 seconds left to win 4-3 and move to within one point (and Tri-City has the tiebreaker I believe) with 6 games each to play in the regular season.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote