HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barry Melrose on NHL Tonight on Ben Bishop trade 3/2/12

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2012, 03:47 AM
  #1
Fred Murtz
Registered User
 
Fred Murtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,876
vCash: 500
Barry Melrose on NHL Tonight on Ben Bishop trade 3/2/12

Got the new puter with HD video running baaaaaaaaby!!!

First clip of Blues Hockey in high high definiton.



Don't forget to hit the quality setting icon just under the video to lower right to select 720 HD. The quality icon looks like a round gear. Then go full screen and Boooooyah!!!

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 04:11 AM
  #2
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Excelente señor muy apreciada!!

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:46 AM
  #3
homeoftheBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 31
vCash: 1551
Thanks for posting the video's....Now in full HD! Love it.

Much appreciated

homeoftheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:58 AM
  #4
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 500
Proving once again what an idiot Barry Melrose is.

I still don't get how this is a great trade for Ottawa.

Bishop is a good prospect but Ottawa could have signed him in the off-season for nothing. Now he sits in the AHL. They already have their future goalie in Lehner.

Blues get a free second-round pick.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:50 AM
  #5
Blueshockey21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Proving once again what an idiot Barry Melrose is.

I still don't get how this is a great trade for Ottawa.

Bishop is a good prospect but Ottawa could have signed him in the off-season for nothing. Now he sits in the AHL. They already have their future goalie in Lehner.

Blues get a free second-round pick.
They have their future starting goalie in Lehner, but hes still 2-3 years away from being a full-time starter and they probably don't want him riding the pine for 60 games with Anderson starting so they picked up bishop to back up Anderson till Lehners ready and then probably back up Lehner/ or 1 and 1a situation like the blues have currently. Anderson has another 2 years on his contract, I believe.

Blueshockey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 02:10 PM
  #6
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,013
vCash: 500
just fantastic!

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 03:46 PM
  #7
Thekidline
Registered User
 
Thekidline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saint Louis Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Proving once again what an idiot Barry Melrose is.

I still don't get how this is a great trade for Ottawa.

Bishop is a good prospect but Ottawa could have signed him in the off-season for nothing. Now he sits in the AHL. They already have their future goalie in Lehner.

Blues get a free second-round pick.
I think you also have to consider that there was a good chance that Ottawa wasn't the only team interested in Bishop, so there in no guaranty that they could have just waited for July 1st to come around. Lehner isn't ready for the NHL after the injury to Craig Anderson they had a need for a goaltender. Ottawa is also pushing to make the playoffs this season.

That being said I was also somewhat surprised that we got a 2nd in return but thinking about it more and more it makes sense.

Thekidline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 04:37 PM
  #8
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekidline View Post
I think you also have to consider that there was a good chance that Ottawa wasn't the only team interested in Bishop, so there in no guaranty that they could have just waited for July 1st to come around. Lehner isn't ready for the NHL after the injury to Craig Anderson they had a need for a goaltender. Ottawa is also pushing to make the playoffs this season.

That being said I was also somewhat surprised that we got a 2nd in return but thinking about it more and more it makes sense.
I understand why they traded for him. I don't understand how we were able to get a second round pick for him.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:30 PM
  #9
BigB
We Want Big Macs!
 
BigB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 50
Someday.. I too will figure out what I need to purchase and record!

You rock my man.

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:28 PM
  #10
Fred Murtz
Registered User
 
Fred Murtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Someday.. I too will figure out what I need to purchase and record!

You rock my man.
For the desktop I got the Haupauge Colossus board from Amazon for $141. http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-Colo...0820652&sr=1-2

It comes with ArcSoft Showbiz software so you can edit the videos if you need to. Add text, chop out chunks you don't need, transitions etc. The card was easy to install with CD software that also has WinTV7 so you can watch Internet TV and control your cable box with an IR blaster kit that is also included.

The card comes with cables to hook to your Xbox or STB (Set Top Box), DTV sat box in my case, to your Colossus card in your desktop.

Open the Showbiz software and mash the capture button and you're recording in HD. It even has a button to publish the video to your YouTube acccount. Slicker then deer guts on a door knob.

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
  #11
BigB
We Want Big Macs!
 
BigB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 50
Do I need to purchase HD tv first in order to retrieve HD?

I use charter and have a set top digital box. Looking for which tuner I need so I can hook up and record as well. I was looking at colossus but trying to teach myself everything via internet and forums.

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:52 PM
  #12
Fred Murtz
Registered User
 
Fred Murtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,876
vCash: 500
No HD TV needed, you're feeding from your STB to the video capture card. The STB does have to be HD. YOu actually don't need a TV if you want to just view the video on your puter.

Someone on the main NHL forum here mentioned running a $5 fireware cable to a $10 fireware card in puter and then using software there to do capture and editing. GOnna have to explore that too as a poor man's way to do it. The thread there is called "So you wanna record hockey video" if you want to follow along.

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:55 PM
  #13
BigB
We Want Big Macs!
 
BigB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectr17 View Post
No HD TV needed, you're feeding from your STB to the video capture card. The STB does have to be HD. YOu actually don't need a TV if you want to just view the video on your puter.

Someone on the main NHL forum here mentioned running a $5 fireware cable to a $10 fireware card in puter and then using software there to do capture and editing. GOnna have to explore that too as a poor man's way to do it. The thread there is called "So you wanna record hockey video" if you want to follow along.
So I would have to pay more for the STB to be HD. Gotcha! Not going to happen... I hate charter as it is and dont want to give them more money. Just looking at ways to start recording myself.. I got a new sweet desktop built itching to be filled up and utilized to potential!

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:02 PM
  #14
letmesleep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Everyone that is surprised that we got a 2nd round pick is looking at this all wrong. He is definitely worth a 2nd pick.

First off, his original value was a 3rd round pick (that's where we drafted him). Now, he has obviously developed well and is ready for NHL action. That's definitely worth a 2nd round pick that may or may not pan out. That much is obvious.

But of course you ask "well why didn't they just wait to sign him in the offseason?" The fact of the matter is everybody knew he would be traded and signed before the offseason. The Blues knew they were going to trade his rights and I'm sure it was well known that Bishop would sign anywhere he was traded as long as he was given a one way contract. So if you wanted Bishop, you were gonna have to trade for him.

letmesleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:25 PM
  #15
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letmesleep View Post
Everyone that is surprised that we got a 2nd round pick is looking at this all wrong. He is definitely worth a 2nd pick.

First off, his original value was a 3rd round pick (that's where we drafted him). Now, he has obviously developed well and is ready for NHL action. That's definitely worth a 2nd round pick that may or may not pan out. That much is obvious.

But of course you ask "well why didn't they just wait to sign him in the offseason?" The fact of the matter is everybody knew he would be traded and signed before the offseason. The Blues knew they were going to trade his rights and I'm sure it was well known that Bishop would sign anywhere he was traded as long as he was given a one way contract. So if you wanted Bishop, you were gonna have to trade for him.
Exactly. It does make sense. He was either going to be traded at the deadline or at the draft, but there was absolutely no reason to just let him walk a free agent. I actually figured he would be traded before the deadline, but I think this shows that they had a ton of teams interested in him and had their sights set on that 2nd round pick. I think it was a very fair trade for both sides and I wish him the best.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.