HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now that Randy Carlyle is the HC, what happens to Allaire?

Old
03-02-2012, 11:59 PM
ThinMcWhistle

vCash: 500
Now that Randy Carlyle is the HC, what happens to Allaire?

Is he on death row?

I would think yes.

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Bigleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
Is he on death row?

I would think yes.
Ha ha ha. Not a chance. Why, Carlyle, Burke, and Allaire were all a part of that Cup winning Duck team.

Bigleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:06 AM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigleaf View Post
Ha ha ha. Not a chance. Why, Carlyle, Burke, and Allaire were all a part of that Cup winning Duck team.
Oh snap... I didn't realize that!! Allaire is a big part of the problem IMO.. We need to move on from him as well! What gives?

Old
03-03-2012, 12:06 AM
phillipmike

I dont think Allaire leaving had anything to do with Carlyle, Murray or anyone in the Ducks organization.

If i recall correctly Allaire's contract was up when he left the Ducks. And his first priority was to get a job on the East Coast to be closer to his family in Montreal without going to Montreal (lol kidding). It just worked out that the Leafs hired Burke, Burke and Allaire worked well together and had great success, that the Leafs could use some more experience in regards to a goalie coach and that they are on the East Coast and probably closest to Montreal with work for them or Ottawa.

phillipmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Eb
TML

Quote:
/ of stupid thread.

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Edgeworth*

Allaire stays. Why would Carlyle have beef with him? Goaltenders will actually get support now.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:16 AM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
/ of stupid thread.
Why? If Wilson, the head honcho was fired, why wouldn't the goalie coach follow in step?

Old
03-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Shimso

vCash: 50
I'm more concerned about what happens to Lupul now that Carlyle is HC...

Shimso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Allaire stays. Why would Carlyle have beef with him? Goaltenders will actually get support now.
Not really sure why that has any meaning what so ever? Beef or not, Burke is the one running the show and he already fired the HC.

Old
Marcel Cousineau
The REAL #31

Quote:
Why? If Wilson, the head honcho was fired, why wouldn't the goalie coach follow in step?
Head coach != goalie coach

Marcel Cousineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:22 AM
ThinMcWhistle

I guess I chose a bad title for this thread. What I am talking about is the fact that since the HC was fired and replaced by Burke, what are the connotations for Allaire? Is he next? I am almost surprised that he wasn't sent packing along with Wison. I would suspect that he is skating on rather thing ice at this moment. IMO he gets let go in the offseason. Not sure what his contract is but I would suspect that he is gone by the beginning of 2012.

Old
03-03-2012, 12:27 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 300
Why do goalies keep signing with us to work with Allaire if he's such a bad goalie coach?

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:51 AM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Why do goalies keep signing with us to work with Allaire if he's such a bad goalie coach?
Minor leaguers... They want a contract. Where is a big name goalie? Nobody wanted to come here it seems, unless you think that Burke wasn't active in the market.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Boom King

Quote:
Minor leaguers... They want a contract. Where is a big name goalie? Nobody wanted to come here it seems, unless you think that Burke wasn't active in the market.
Gustavsson was considered one of the best goalies outside the NHL at the time Burke and Allaire brought him here. We weren't the only team going after him. I believe it was somewhat of the same story when they signed Hiller in Anaheim as well. We signed Rynnas when I believe Dallas and Philly wanted him as well. So sure, every goalie wants a contract but they could've chosen to play somewhere else but instead decided they wanted to work under Allaire.

Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:10 AM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

i think Allaire should leave Reims alone, and stop trying to make him fit in his system, Reimer is NOT a butterfly system, he is a stand up goalie

Fire Allaire till he behaves himself

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:13 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Oh snap... I didn't realize that!! Allaire is a big part of the problem IMO.. We need to move on from him as well! What gives?
How is he the problem?

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:13 AM
IBeL13f

Our goalies might look a lot better under a more defensive system. If we become more disciplined in our own zone and start providing support for Reimer and Gus, they might start playing the way they're capable of.

IBeL13f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:13 AM
darrylsittler27

Fire him.

When both goalies get progressively worse,it is the goalie coach and his system not working.Both goalies aren't half as good as they used to be and it isn't just support.He is trying to get them to play his style and it doesnt work for them.He isn't even humble enough to see it,so fire him too.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
i think Allaire should leave Reims alone, and stop trying to make him fit in his system, Reimer is NOT a butterfly system, he is a stand up goalie

Fire Allaire till he behaves himself
Actually, Reimer is a butterfly goalie. He seemed to do just fine last year did he not? he's a pure puck blocker, not a guy who relies much on his reflexes. He relies heavily on angles, something he's been awful at this year. He buries himself in his net and doesn't have the quickness to react. Jonas is actually the one who shouldn't be using the butterfly. He's a flopper, a Hasek or Thomas type. Jonas needed to be taught a little bit but instead he's been completely overhauled. He's really the opposite of Reimer, a reactionary goalie who relies on his athleticism. Instead, they've got the guy dropping down for everything and quite frankly, he's never looked comfortable. I'd put a lot of money that if Jonas signs elsewhere his numbers suddenly look a hell of a lot better.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 08:42 AM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Actually, Reimer is a butterfly goalie. He seemed to do just fine last year did he not? he's a pure puck blocker, not a guy who relies much on his reflexes. He relies heavily on angles, something he's been awful at this year. He buries himself in his net and doesn't have the quickness to react. Jonas is actually the one who shouldn't be using the butterfly. He's a flopper, a Hasek or Thomas type. Jonas needed to be taught a little bit but instead he's been completely overhauled. He's really the opposite of Reimer, a reactionary goalie who relies on his athleticism. Instead, they've got the guy dropping down for everything and quite frankly, he's never looked comfortable. I'd put a lot of money that if Jonas signs elsewhere his numbers suddenly look a hell of a lot better.
all i remember from last season was Reimer playing his own style, not going down for every shot

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:19 AM
YearsintheWilderness

Quote:
Yes, part of the weird, intractable stubbornness of Burke that brought the Leafs to the situation they are in now.

Won with this combination in the past so now it's impossible for Burke to fathom fresh ideas, new personnel, moving forward. Burke is stuck in the past.

Maybe Carlyle can direct Phaneuf to go after Dominic Moore next time he plays in Toronto.

Make Burke feel all nostalgic.

YearsintheWilderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:43 AM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Which big name goalies have the Leafs tried to acquire and have lost out on because of Allaire?

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
all i remember from last season was Reimer playing his own style, not going down for every shot
Umm Allaire has been teaching Reimer for years now. Including his AHL time. James is not playing positional at all this year. He's not playing his own style, he's been playing the buttferly for a while now except, when you bury yourself in the net, the butterfly is completely ineffective.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 09:56 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

People need not to worry about Lupul. Carlyle said that one of the mistakes he made with Lupul was not playing him on the left side. And Lupul should just let bygones be bygones and move on. Clean the slate and just keep tearing up with Phil.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:00 AM
larma

I don't see how Wilson's firing has anything to do with Allaire's job. Allaire was in Anaheim with Carlyle. Gustavsson has also played some of the best hockey in Leafs jersey this year. Reimer's problems stem from lack of confidence and fear of leaving the crease because of the concussion, not Allaire's teachings.

larma is offline   Reply With Quote