HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rosehill

Old
03-05-2012, 11:22 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
im pretty sure he draws in the lineup boston is the perfect team for him to play

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:23 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

This is a trial run for Rosehill to see if he fits the part. Don't think Orr is in the teams plans.

If Rosehill doesn't fit, I imagine they invest in a George Parros if he hits the UFA market.

Whether or not that's the right move is another story.

03-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Interactif

We need a 2 year bridge until this guy is ready for a full time role, hopefully. 20 goals, 20 assists this year, career highs. Perhaps Rosie can get us there, if not then Parros would be an option, if Orr is indeed done as a Leaf. Here's his most recent fight on youtube.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
This is a trial run for Rosehill to see if he fits the part. Don't think Orr is in the teams plans.

If Rosehill doesn't fit, I imagine they invest in a George Parros if he hits the UFA market.

Whether or not that's the right move is another story.
Absolutley, they didn't just burn a callup for someone to sit in the pressbox for the next 18 games. Unless rosehill becomes an absolute liability I think we will be seeing him in most of the games till the end of the season to see what he has.

Morguee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Leafsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
We need a 2 year bridge until this guy is ready for a full time role, hopefully. 20 goals, 20 assists this year, career highs. Perhaps Rosie can get us there, if not then Parros would be an option, if Orr is indeed done as a Leaf. Here's his most recent fight on youtube.

I am very excited about Devane! Can't wait to see what he can do!! I think he is going to be the prototypical enforcer in the new NHL. Can fight but can also Contribute!! Great pick by Burkie!!

Quote:
Pretty easy to pick out why Devane was drafted by Brian Burke. He’s considered one of the best fighters in the Ontario Hockey League the past few years and has the size behind his punches to do some relative damage. His skating has improved quite a bit from when he was drafted, and his feet don’t look so heavy. For a guy his size, he gets around well enough to not hinder himself as a player, yet. His hockey sense is pretty good, and it shows more so on the defensive side of things, where Devane is a very well positioned player, especially on the penalty kill. He’ll sacrifice his body to block shots, and can be a real force along the boards. His hands are adequate, though no one expects any offense from him at all.

Weaknesses
While his skating is good enough now, it still needs some work, though Dave Morrison was quoted as saying, “We also had him in a little skate test after the combine as well. We see some upside in that department. If he works hard, he’s got that element to the game that can get him there.” There’s no real offensive upside for Devane, as his hands haven’t shown the kind of production around the net that originally hoped for when he was drafted.

Talent Analysis
There’s no sugar coating Devane. He’ll need to make his money as an enforcer who can add to a team’s penalty kill with his strong defensive positioning, size, strength and willingness to block shots. The hope is that as he continues to improve his skating, and becomes comfortable with the puck that maybe he’ll come into some untapped potential, however unlikely. The glimmer of hope in him is that he seemed to put things together in the last half of the 2010-2011 OHL Season, offensively. Maybe it’s a sign of things to come as a late bloomer, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsman View Post
I am very excited about Devane! Can't wait to see what he can do!! I think he is going to be the prototypical enforcer in the new NHL. Can fight but can also Contribute!! Great pick by Burkie!!
Good update, thanks.

He's a long range project, hoping he can make the jump one day to a 4th line guy with intangibles.

One thing I do notice, he's tougher now then when he was drafted, and he was very tough then. One positive is he is plus 17 this year.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:04 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Good update, thanks.

He's a long range project, hoping he can make the jump one day to a 4th line guy with intangibles.

One thing I do notice, he's tougher now then when he was drafted, and he was very tough then. One positive is he is plus 17 this year.
Maybe he can eventually be a Shawn Thornton like player. It'd look like a great pick if he turned out like that.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Epoch

Always liked drafting Jamie Devane, even when people here were raging about it. I like his game, he's a tough guy who can actually play.

Hopefully he turns into a Shawn Thornton for us.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Leafsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Maybe he can eventually be a Shawn Thornton like player. It'd look like a great pick if he turned out like that.
I would be thrilled if he can acheive that but he'll likely fall a little short but still be an exteremly effctive 4th liner. He is improving though recently so who knows??

Old
03-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
A rematch is needed. This was one of the best fights last year.

It's toronto. If you're sweeping the floors after the arena clears out, fans will debate which wash-bucket is better for the job.
That was indeed a great fight.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I'm hoping Devane turns into another Tie Domi, strange as that may sound. Domi was a 2nd rd pick by Stellick when he played on a line with Mike Ricci I recall for Dick Todd and the Petes.

Devane is a 3rd rd pick, not playing with as talented a Center but goal wise this year and last he is similar to Domi's production.

If he can become the player Domi was, then Morrison would have made a heckuva pick at #68.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Donato
#BarSouth

Quote:
A rematch is needed. This was one of the best fights last year.

It's toronto. If you're sweeping the floors after the arena clears out, fans will debate which wash-bucket is better for the job.

The boston announcer sounds so stupid.. Lucic had 2 less goals than Kessel last year, that the type of thing he would say.

Lucic had like 6 empty net goals last year and like 7 tap-in's that even jay rosehill would score.. Then he managed to score 17 which were actually quality goals.

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

rosehill almost turned the game around, almost

Drop The Mits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
The boston announcer sounds so stupid.. Lucic had 2 less goals than Kessel last year, that the type of thing he would say.

Lucic had like 6 empty net goals last year and like 7 tap-in's that even jay rosehill would score.. Then he managed to score 17 which were actually quality goals.
The worst part about the Bruins announcers is that their fans eat it up. Homer announcers only produce dumber fans if you ask me. The Bruins announcers were chewing up Kessel all night. Give me a ****ing break. There's this obsession with ripping apart every other team while Boston's **** don't stink even though it's pretty obvious they're the dirtiest team in the NHL. To encourage that crap is ridiculous. As if Phil did something personal to these morons.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Leafsman

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That is the best quote I have read on here in 4 years!!! Classic!