HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi on TV tonight - London vs Oshawa @ 7 PM ET on Sportsnet East/Ontario/Pacific

Old
03-02-2012, 06:27 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
Tinordi on TV tonight - London vs Oshawa @ 7 PM ET on Sportsnet East/Ontario/Pacific

Tinordi is #24

Here are the rosters for the teams:

London Knights

Oshawa Generals

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

Any steam online ? I don't have sportsnet yet

Wongchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:04 PM
pachorella

can't thank you enough, am bored as hell and now u're telling me tinordi on tv, went straight to tv, and now am in front of sprotsnet waiting for the game to start.
cheers thanx again!

pachorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Krnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblanc71 View Post
Any steam online ? I don't have sportsnet yet
i was about to ask the same exact thing

Krnage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

this game will be replayed on the US NHL Network tomorrow at noon est.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:59 PM
GeneralMarky79

tinordi is plus 40 this year WOW

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:07 PM
AllanMTL46

Bulldog next year.

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Protest the Hero

They mentioned he's been dealing with a lower body injury, so he didn't play a lot this game.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Ellis (or Dumba, Murray, Trouba)

Tinordi is going to be a good one.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:22 PM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Ellis (or Dumba, Murray, Trouba)

Tinordi is going to be a good one.
quoted for truth......

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Et le But

While I'd hate to rush him, it would be amazing if Tinordi could be NHL ready in a year. He's really just what we need, could be a less dumb Komisarek.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:41 PM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
While I'd hate to rush him, it would be amazing if Tinordi could be NHL ready in a year. He's really just what we need, could be a less dumb Komisarek.
He has the height, size and strength to easily be NHL ready next year.

Just might happen.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:47 PM
guest1467

I would definitely give Tinordi some time in the AHL first. Patience is important with defensemen, especially ones with limited offensive skills.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Et le But

Yeah, I could see Tinordi earning an NHL audition or late season callup but I think he needs at least a year in the AHL. He's still a project and his physical traits are going to be less impressive against adults.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Ginu

I heard an interview a few days ago where they said that with Gill's trade, Tinordi may be given a chance next season.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
They mentioned he's been dealing with a lower body injury, so he didn't play a lot this game.
That explains when an Oshawa forward beat him to the outside he did a weird pirouette and stumbled and I thought wow, this guy is a long way from the NHL.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I heard an interview a few days ago where they said that with Gill's trade, Tinordi may be given a chance next season.
God I hope not. That's a dumbass, short-sighted, bottom-feeder kind of move. That's how teams like the Islanders stay in the cellar for decades. Tinordi's the opposite of a top-tier draft picks. He's a high-upside project, picked relatively late in the first round, despite his enormous size, partly because it's been clear all along that whatever his ceiling is he's not going to reach it early. Not if he's going to be any good in the NHL.

We're in the cellar. Patient, competent management that uses our trip to the depths of the league to pick good assets and hoard them is what this team needs more than anything. We have the money to do the rest. But if we rush people to the NHL who aren't ready for it, so they can play for a losing team, then we'll keep losing and ruin our prospects at the same time. It's not ****ing rocket science. It's pathetic how erratic our management has been under Gainey and then PG. They throw players away like they have a contending team. They don't, surely that's clear by now.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:34 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
God I hope not. That's a dumbass, short-sighted, bottom-feeder kind of move. That's how teams like the Islanders stay in the cellar for decades. Tinordi's the opposite of a top-tier draft picks. He's a high-upside project, picked relatively late in the first round, despite his enormous size, partly because it's been clear all along that whatever his ceiling is he's not going to reach it early. Not if he's going to be any good in the NHL.

We're in the cellar. Patient, competent management that uses our trip to the depths of the league to pick good assets and hoard them is what this team needs more than anything. We have the money to do the rest. But if we rush people to the NHL who aren't ready for it, so they can play for a losing team, then we'll keep losing and ruin our prospects at the same time. It's not ****ing rocket science. It's pathetic how erratic our management has been under Gainey and then PG. They throw players away like they have a contending team. They don't, surely that's clear by now.
I completely disagree. Tinordi is hardly a "high upside project", he's a pure defensive defensman who's had 2 years in the OHL to get ready fro the show. He's been captaining an AWESOME Knights team this past year and he's damn near physically ready...

He'll finish next year with the Habs at least. Get excited people, he's a beast.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:40 AM
NotProkofievian

I would give Tinordi definitely all of next season in the AHL. He needs to put on more weight, get stronger, and learn how to deal with just how nasty and mean the grown ups can play.

That's the kind of player we need. Not another ****ing O'Byrne.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

I think both Beaulieu and Tinordi should play in the AHL 2 years each. Detroit is successful because they are patient with their young players and allow them to collect experience and confidence.

Sign one or two physical, good skating defensemen and retain Markov, Subban, Gorges and Emelin and we will be fine to leave those two Dmen in the AHL.

Old
03-03-2012, 12:56 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I completely disagree. Tinordi is hardly a "high upside project", he's a pure defensive defensman who's had 2 years in the OHL to get ready fro the show. He's been captaining an AWESOME Knights team this past year and he's damn near physically ready...

He'll finish next year with the Habs at least. Get excited people, he's a beast.
Hype machine activated.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Hype machine activated.
lol, its inevitable. If they bring him to the NHL its because Molson cares about business more than organizational success.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:02 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

[Pierre McGuire /on]

Kid is a monster. Get excited Montreal fans

[Pierre McGuire /off]

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
I think both Beaulieu and Tinordi should play in the AHL 2 years each. Detroit is successful because they are patient with their young players and allow them to collect experience and confidence.

Sign one or two physical, good skating defensemen and retain Markov, Subban, Gorges and Emelin and we will be fine to leave those two Dmen in the AHL.
I don't think you can put players from different molds into the same confines of development path/time without seeing them both in the A first. All a guy like Tinordi has to do is be physically able to play at the NHL level. Realistically he is going to start in the AHL instead, but unless the goal is to try to turn him into something more than he really is (big, physical, intense presence on D), there's little reason to leave him "developing" in the AHL unless he has problems with systems/timing/speed/etc (which is sometimes the case, as we've seen bigger skaters who take a bit longer than "average" to crack the NHL).

A guy like Beaulieu, on the other hand, might be good/talented enough to make the jump right away, but he has the kind of skills and potential role that are best honed with a kind of practice that has an element of confidence-building to it. It's "easy" to come in and fit in (like a Tinordi can do), but it's another thing to come in and try to learn how to run and manage an NHL game from the back end ("quarterback" or primary puck carrier/mover) without the confidence of having developed some of that in the AHL first, imo.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 03-03-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:11 AM
GeneralManager*

Lets see how he does in the AHL and at another NHL camp before he we play him with the Habs. Its common knowledge that defensemen take longer to develop why take away a year of FA eligibility because of hype?

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote