HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2012, 12:06 PM
darrenturcotte#8

vCash: 500
I've never supported the Rangers management before and I hate to admit it, but I think overall they were pretty fair with the relocations of the upper deck. Yes, it sucks if you're the last row before a price drop but likely, you were the last row before the price drop in your old seat. Getting moved from the 400 level seat that no longer exists to the west balcony is certainly more expensive, but the West balcony is amazing and in very high demand. The Rangers aren't forcing the 300 Row A's to take row 1's. They have given them row 2's and will offer the choice to take their row 1's like they had. I think that is incredibly fair. The result will be some row 1's and 2's being available to relocate people who aren't happy or want an upgrade.

If you compare this to last season when most people in the lower level got royally screwed, its night and day. Granted, I'm drinking the kool aid bc I have basiclly the same seat I have this yr, but I think thats true for most of the upper deck, as it should be...

Old
03-06-2012, 12:09 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
2) The price takes into account all the new amenities you'll be receiving, better sight lines, view, seats, food, concourse.
Maybe it's just me, but I thought that paying $10 for a beer or Chicken Tenders & Fries took into account the "better food" instead of the ticket price. Maybe if they gave us free food he would have a point. But these basturds are so cheap, all you get for laying down a few G's is a couple dollar off coupons for soda when you buy other food at the same time. They should AT THE VERY LEAST give us the same $100 food vouchers the Knicks hand out

Old
03-06-2012, 12:20 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I thought that paying $10 for a beer or Chicken Tenders & Fries took into account the "better food" instead of the ticket price. Maybe if they gave us free food he would have a point. But these basturds are so cheap, all you get for laying down a few G's is a couple dollar off coupons for soda when you buy other food at the same time. They should AT THE VERY LEAST give us the same $100 food vouchers the Knicks hand out
They did you a favor by giving you the option of purchasing a $19 prime rib sandwich and a $15 beer. Your ticket prices went up so you could gain this privilege. Congratulations.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:20 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
He had three main points,

1) There is more legroom in my row vs. the rows behind me. (I don't think this is true)
2) The price takes into account all the new amenities you'll be receiving, better sight lines, view, seats, food, concourse.
3) (And when I brought up my issue with compared value) His answer was that there was such a buzz around the team this year, he considers my seats to be some of the best value in the building for the sightline I'll be getting.

I then asked about the bridge and he said he didn't have any further information.
Yeah, that is the type corporate rhetoric b.s. that drives me crazy. I would have more respect for them if they said what they told me a few years ago when I called to complain about play-off prices.

1) Supply and demand. They do a ton of research to know the value of the ticket based on the secondary market.

2) This is a business and our job is to maximize profits.

At least those answers would be honest.

Bottom line, there is no way one row is worth nearly 50% difference in price.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:24 PM
pepsiporch

Has anyone been relocated from section 408 ?

Old
03-06-2012, 12:25 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
He had three main points,

1) There is more legroom in my row vs. the rows behind me. (I don't think this is true)
3) (And when I brought up my issue with compared value) His answer was that there was such a buzz around the team this year, he considers my seats to be some of the best value in the building for the sightline I'll be getting.

I then asked about the bridge and he said he didn't have any further information.
Allegedly Rows 1 AND 2 have 25% more legroom than all the rows behind them. It might only translate into 4" but that's still a "benefit." How much it's worth to you is a different question.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:26 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by acjc1 View Post
I was moved from 409 to West Balcony 21. I know a bunch of others that were too.
What row did you get on the balcony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderalways View Post
Lol... I want to stay on the side the rangers shoot twice...
Everyone talks about being on the side the Rangers shoot twice, but honestly more people should be wanting to sit where Hank saves twice

Old
03-06-2012, 12:30 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Everyone talks about being on the side the Rangers shoot twice, but honestly more people should be wanting to sit where Hank saves twice
I'm happy enjoying his artwork up close and personal in the 2nd period. 8th Ave. end FTW.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:37 PM
patnyrnyg

I think people need to realize the business has completely changed. Years ago, the die-hard was your bread and butter, but not anymore. The die-hard is the nuisance. They'd rather have 18,200 people who go to 1 or 2 games a year, rather than the person who goes to all 41. Why? Because the person who goes to the 1 or 2 games is much more likely to see it as and event. Not sure what anyone's spending habits are on gameday, but when I think about it, I am sure the Garden would love for me to give up my tickets.

I drive to Manhattan, have an area where I can park on the street after 6pm, so I sit in my car and at 6, I leave. I meet my wife and friends for pizza or a deli to get dinner outside the arena. Every now and then, we will hit a bar for dinner. Maybe once or twice per season, I or my wife will eat dinner inside. Usually my wife if she got caught up and got to midtown too late to go anywhere. Then, maybe every 3 or 4 games I attend, I will buy a beer or snack like a pretzel, but usually not. I never buy a program or yearbook or any thing else from team store. Every now and then, a friend will ask me to get something for them, but that is rare. I think most die-hards are more like me in this department. I look around my section, very rare to see the regulars eating/drinking/buying stuff.

The person who goes once or twice a year is a lot more likely to eat dinner inside ($ for MSG) drink 6-7 beers inside ($ for MSG). Or, the parents bringing their kids once a year. They won't be buying beer for the kids or (hopefully) not drinking that much with their kids, but they will buy each of them a chicken fingers meal and soda. Will also buy the cotton candy, hats, shirts, programs, jerseys, etc.

So, for those of you complaining about it not being about the die-hard and they are pushing out the die-hard with the pricing, well I think that is their objective.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:44 PM
BklyNYR4Life

After reading how NYRangers88's phone call with their rep called, I've got very little faith that my situation will pan-out okay. I'm even less than optimistic that it's been more than 24 hours and my rep has yet to call me back or even write me an email.

The good news -- if there is such a thing in this situation -- is I emailed Larry Brooks about this yesterday and he wrote me back. I'm hoping there's some media voice about what's going on. It might not change things, but throwing some mud at Dolan and MSG management is necessary at a time like this.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:46 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I think people need to realize the business has completely changed. Years ago, the die-hard was your bread and butter, but not anymore. The die-hard is the nuisance. They'd rather have 18,200 people who go to 1 or 2 games a year, rather than the person who goes to all 41. Why? Because the person who goes to the 1 or 2 games is much more likely to see it as and event. Not sure what anyone's spending habits are on gameday, but when I think about it, I am sure the Garden would love for me to give up my tickets.

I drive to Manhattan, have an area where I can park on the street after 6pm, so I sit in my car and at 6, I leave. I meet my wife and friends for pizza or a deli to get dinner outside the arena. Every now and then, we will hit a bar for dinner. Maybe once or twice per season, I or my wife will eat dinner inside. Usually my wife if she got caught up and got to midtown too late to go anywhere. Then, maybe every 3 or 4 games I attend, I will buy a beer or snack like a pretzel, but usually not. I never buy a program or yearbook or any thing else from team store. Every now and then, a friend will ask me to get something for them, but that is rare. I think most die-hards are more like me in this department. I look around my section, very rare to see the regulars eating/drinking/buying stuff.

The person who goes once or twice a year is a lot more likely to eat dinner inside ($ for MSG) drink 6-7 beers inside ($ for MSG). Or, the parents bringing their kids once a year. They won't be buying beer for the kids or (hopefully) not drinking that much with their kids, but they will buy each of them a chicken fingers meal and soda. Will also buy the cotton candy, hats, shirts, programs, jerseys, etc.

So, for those of you complaining about it not being about the die-hard and they are pushing out the die-hard with the pricing, well I think that is their objective.
I think you are spot on, mostly. What you say is true when there is a buzz around the team like there is now. If the team is treading water in mediocrity I think they care a lot more about filling the seats than they do about how much extra people will spend when they get inside. So sadly, it's times like these when the casual fan is more important to them. If and when the team starts to struggle they might wish they hadn't ousted all the die-hards.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Traderalways

Now I have been told I will not have any obstructions for garden vision.... 420 is off to the side... Not behind the goal... Feeling better... Im Also on the far right of 420...

Old
03-06-2012, 12:52 PM
jeff spicoli

Quote:

This is very well said. Unfortunately.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:06 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Quote:

Doesn't need to b said again but that post hits the nail right on the head.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:09 PM
rambler725

Quote:
Devils give lower bowl subscribers $450 food card or $200 for upper bowl subscribers for renewing as one of the perks they can choose from for renewing this year

Old
03-06-2012, 01:11 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler725 View Post
Devils give lower bowl subscribers $450 food card or $200 for upper bowl subscribers for renewing as one of the perks they can choose from for renewing this year
They also only charge their subscribers $30 for tickets with a face of twice that. It's apples and oranges unfortunately.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
I got one better... I'm going to the rangers-devils game tonight in jersey... We r in a 100 level section... 22 dollar face for season ticket holders...... Lol

Old
03-06-2012, 01:28 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
The Devils won 3 Cups in 9 years and couldn't fill the building. Everyone claimed it was the location. They moved to Newark, accessible by NJT and PATH (I think), havent won a cup in the new building, but still cant fill the building. Two completely different animals. For 75% of Devils games, you can go on stubhub and get tickets cheaper than you would at the box office. Not the case for the Rangers. Has never been the case for the Rangers, even during the 7-year drought it wasnt as bad as the Devils deal with. If it ever gets to that, then the Rangers may have to consider it.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:29 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
I got one better... I'm going to the rangers-devils game tonight in jersey... We r in a 100 level section... 22 dollar face for season ticket holders...... Lol
The 100-level is upper behind the goals.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:30 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
and they're certainly not 22 bucks each for season ticket holders.. those are north of 40

Old
03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
Yup.. Great seats... Left corner... A level below the 200's there...

Old
03-06-2012, 01:32 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
They also only charge their subscribers $30 for tickets with a face of twice that. It's apples and oranges unfortunately.
I have actually asked my rep about this. Why not print the tickets with the actual cost of buying individually rather than what we pay. I buy one or two devil-ranger games a year from a friend. I give him face value. I think this year they were $48, but he only pays something like $31 per ticket. I give him the extra $17 because I know he eats other games. He pays $31, but all his tickets are printed with the amount a person would pay if they walked up to the box office and bought. So, the popular games he is able to make a few bucks at the same time sell for face value. Less popular games he can give a discount off the face value, but still make a few bucks or at least get his money back.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:33 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Yup.. Great seats... Left corner... A level below the 200's there...
Yes, but there is no endzone 200's there either.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:35 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
I have actually asked my rep about this. Why not print the tickets with the actual cost of buying individually rather than what we pay. I buy one or two devil-ranger games a year from a friend. I give him face value. I think this year they were $48, but he only pays something like $31 per ticket. I give him the extra $17 because I know he eats other games. He pays $31, but all his tickets are printed with the amount a person would pay if they walked up to the box office and bought. So, the popular games he is able to make a few bucks at the same time sell for face value. Less popular games he can give a discount off the face value, but still make a few bucks or at least get his money back.
yup those 100 level seats are somewhere above 40 but have 63 printed on them.. i have a friend who sits in 124 for the devils and is a sth. anyways at least the tickets we forward to people or print out dont have prices printed on them

Old
03-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
Yes, but there is no endzone 200's there either.
Yup... Balcony level... They are very good for 22 dollar full season tickets... That's what the devils charged this year for the defensive zone in the balcony 100 level

Closed Thread