HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2012, 05:26 PM
outlaw52
"what i do"

vCash: 500
anyone know what happens to the people in the 200s sections that arent going to be there next year??.took a half season plan last year got the package yesterday for playoffs. talked to my rep a couple times im trying to upgrade to a full season. rep is very cool and all telling me it will be fine but im still confused as to how this is gonna work out? i got nothing telling me where, when or how much? any info would be appreciated.thanks

Old
03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
17futurecap

Did anyone get an answer if we accept our tickets, than ask for an upgrade/relocation if we are going to be able to downgrade. I'm going to be in a 73 dollar price point, and would, if possible like to go to 53 or 50, but will they let us downgrade?

Old
03-06-2012, 05:31 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Did anyone get an answer if we accept our tickets, than ask for an upgrade/relocation if we are going to be able to downgrade. I'm going to be in a 73 dollar price point, and would, if possible like to go to 53 or 50, but will they let us downgrade?
last year they didn't allow downgrades

Old
03-06-2012, 05:52 PM
jdsrangers

I am in section 101 & my seats this season are $100 per seat. The row in front of me pays $150. At least I don't have those seats. They will never sell those seats as season tickets! :shake head

Just got my invoice & my seats for next season went up 14% to $114 per game. That sucks a 14% increase.

I called my rep and asked for seats in the 200's at $74. He said they won't release seats till June. I was told next season the blue line to blue line seats in the 200's would probably be increased like they did in the lower bowl!l:shake head

I have been a season ticket holder since 1988 & this price increase really sucks. I guess next season I will see another increase! Ouch

Lets win a couple of Stanley Cups to go with my overpriced seats!!!

Lets go RANGERS!!! Let's bring the CUP home!!!

Old
03-06-2012, 08:36 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I think people need to realize the business has completely changed. Years ago, the die-hard was your bread and butter, but not anymore. The die-hard is the nuisance. They'd rather have 18,200 people who go to 1 or 2 games a year, rather than the person who goes to all 41. Why? Because the person who goes to the 1 or 2 games is much more likely to see it as and event. Not sure what anyone's spending habits are on gameday, but when I think about it, I am sure the Garden would love for me to give up my tickets.

I drive to Manhattan, have an area where I can park on the street after 6pm, so I sit in my car and at 6, I leave. I meet my wife and friends for pizza or a deli to get dinner outside the arena. Every now and then, we will hit a bar for dinner. Maybe once or twice per season, I or my wife will eat dinner inside. Usually my wife if she got caught up and got to midtown too late to go anywhere. Then, maybe every 3 or 4 games I attend, I will buy a beer or snack like a pretzel, but usually not. I never buy a program or yearbook or any thing else from team store. Every now and then, a friend will ask me to get something for them, but that is rare. I think most die-hards are more like me in this department. I look around my section, very rare to see the regulars eating/drinking/buying stuff.

The person who goes once or twice a year is a lot more likely to eat dinner inside ($ for MSG) drink 6-7 beers inside ($ for MSG). Or, the parents bringing their kids once a year. They won't be buying beer for the kids or (hopefully) not drinking that much with their kids, but they will buy each of them a chicken fingers meal and soda. Will also buy the cotton candy, hats, shirts, programs, jerseys, etc.

So, for those of you complaining about it not being about the die-hard and they are pushing out the die-hard with the pricing, well I think that is their objective.
This is why sometimes I enjoy rangers hockey when they suck... Only time I can afford to go to a game... Great post.

Old
03-06-2012, 08:42 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw52 View Post
anyone know what happens to the people in the 200s sections that arent going to be there next year??.took a half season plan last year got the package yesterday for playoffs. talked to my rep a couple times im trying to upgrade to a full season. rep is very cool and all telling me it will be fine but im still confused as to how this is gonna work out? i got nothing telling me where, when or how much? any info would be appreciated.thanks
Not sure if we've heard from too many of those 200 sections seat holders. I think many of them were placed there temporarily while their end 300s were under renovation.

Old
03-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not sure if we've heard from too many of those 200 sections seat holders. I think many of them were placed there temporarily while their end 300s were under renovation.
I think youre exactly right, all of the people in the corner 300 sections that became obstructed this year were moved down there temporarily. Probably not a lot of people with permanent seats in those sections, its only about 5 rows

Old
03-06-2012, 09:17 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw52 View Post
You'll probably be reassigned goal 100s @ $114 or corners @ $132. I think you'll have priority after all the full season ticket holders but before the waitlist people

Old
03-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Traderalways

Seems to be high demand for the new 400 sections... I guess its the 47 dollar price point...

Old
03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
pepsiporch

Has anyone been relocated from section 408 or 409

Old
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Has anyone been relocated from section 408 or 409
Read the last few pages, I think someone said they were put in the West Balcony. $64's.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:35 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
anyone hear back from their reps yet?

Old
03-07-2012, 09:38 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

ok so I was comparing this year's seating chart and next year's chart, and it's apparent that they are squeezing more seats into some sections. I don't believe they are rebuilding the deck. Instead, they are ripping out all the old seats and replacing them with new seats in standard sections with about 22 seats per row.

I photoshopped this comparison to show you what I'm talking about:

The green lines are reference lines from sections in the 100s that are not changing from this season to next. Some of the old sections like 411-414 used to have 16-17 seats per row up front. Now they'll have more like the 21 seats per row in the old 415-417

Old
03-07-2012, 09:40 AM
broadwayblue

For those of you who have 2 sets of tickets (in different locations) did your playoff and renewal invoices include both locations on the same invoice? I received 2 complete packages...but each set listed both pairs of my seats on the forms. Even in subscriber central I only appear to have one invoice this year containing both. Last year each pair was listed separately, at least online.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:29 AM
sbjnyc

Got my email and invoice last night.

330 row H --> 214 row 9

Seats seem almost identical (even the seat #s). I guess I can't complain too much aside from the 24% price increase .

Assuming I get the opportunity to "upgrade" before the secondary relocation I will probably keep what I have although I seriously doubt any seat I'd consider a better value will be available when my turn comes.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:47 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

The secondary relocation process will come before any general upgrade & seat change process

Old
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
The secondary relocation process will come before any general upgrade & seat change process
That's great... Where did u get that from???

Old
03-07-2012, 12:06 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderalways View Post
That's great... Where did u get that from???
That's my understanding of how things will work based on the FAQ:

What steps are involved in the relocation process?
Step 1: Season Subscribers receive their seat assignment in the transformed Garden.
Step 2: Season Subscribers choose to accept or decline their seat assignment by May 11.
Accept Location: If a Season Subscriber accepts their seat
assignment, an initial payment is made on that new location.
Decline Location: If a Season Subscriber chooses to
decline their seat assignment, they may elect to participate
in a secondary relocation process.
Step 3: Those Season Subscribers that accept their seat assignment participate in an optional seat upgrade process prioritized by tenure.
Step 4: Those Season Subscribers that choose to decline their seat assignment participate in an optional secondary relocation process prioritized by tenure.

What is the timeline for making my decision?
The relocation process will begin on or around the week of March 5 and conclude on or around May 11. The deadline to accept your assigned location will be May 11. In addition, there will be a secondary relocation process that will follow the initial dates listed above to accommodate those Season Subscribers that choose to decline their assigned location.

http://subscribers.nyrsubcentral.com...mation-FAQ.pdf

Old
03-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Snow Soccer

Quote:
ok so I was comparing this year's seating chart and next year's chart, and it's apparent that they are squeezing more seats into some sections. I don't believe they are rebuilding the deck. Instead, they are ripping out all the old seats and replacing them with new seats in standard sections with about 22 seats per row.

I photoshopped this comparison to show you what I'm talking about:

The green lines are reference lines from sections in the 100s that are not changing from this season to next. Some of the old sections like 411-414 used to have 16-17 seats per row up front. Now they'll have more like the 21 seats per row in the old 415-417
They're making the upper bowl steeper. They can fit in more seats and you're more or less the same distance from the ice.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:26 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
I think secondary comes after the general upgrade.

I was "threatened" with that during the lower bowl relocation last season.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:27 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Soccer View Post
They're making the upper bowl steeper. They can fit in more seats and you're more or less the same distance from the ice.

That's for the side sections which says nothing about the 8th ave 400 deck. I don't see why they would go through the trouble of demolishing it only to rebuilt 7 rows of cheap seats. They would sooner get rid of them all together or make them suites

Old
03-07-2012, 12:31 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
I think secondary comes after the general upgrade.

I was "threatened" with that during the lower bowl relocation last season.
The FAQ states that the secondary relocation will follow the initial relocation deadline (May 11). It's not 100% clear but my reading of that is secondary follows initial, which would mean general upgrades are handled later because reps are busy dealing with placing seat-less season ticket holders in available locations.

They should really clear this up publicly once and for all

Old
03-07-2012, 12:43 PM
MessierIsGod

I got a confirmation from my Rep that if you renew and checked "upgrade", you can only move to the same or higher price point.

There is no such thing as "downgrade". Seems like the only way to downgrade is to not renew and return as a new customer.

Note that I have lower bowl seats so maybe you'll get different answer for uppers.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:57 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Quote:
Step 3: Those Season Subscribers that accept their seat assignment participate in an optional seat upgrade process prioritized by tenure.
Step 4: Those Season Subscribers that choose to decline their seat assignment participate in an optional secondary relocation process prioritized by tenure.
Unless I'm missing something, the FAQ seems to state that the upgrade process is before the secondary relocation.

Old
03-07-2012, 01:00 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Unless I'm missing something
You're missing the "What is the timeline for making my decision?" section.

Like I said it's not clear and the Rangers need to make it clear

Closed Thread