HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 01:03 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Unless I'm missing something, the FAQ seems to state that the upgrade process is before the secondary relocation.
Yeah, one would think step 3 comes before step 4, no? And that's how they did it last year.

Old
03-07-2012, 01:07 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

You guys could very well be right, and if so that really sucks for people who were moved to a bad spot. They would be taking a gamble in declining because all the best locations would be snapped up before they ever had a chance to find a suitable seat. It's like someone said, putting a gun to your head.

Ditto for the "no downgrades" policy. I would consider that a disincentive for upgrading because you would know that there's never any going back. It seems like they take away more STH perks and benefits every single year, and raise prices to boot

Old
03-07-2012, 01:18 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
i asked my rep about downgrades and she said there are none unless you don't renew and she said that people who currently have 6 seats and don't renew will only be allowed to purchase 4 seats the second time around

Old
03-07-2012, 01:30 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Ditto for the "no downgrades" policy. I would consider that a disincentive for upgrading because you would know that there's never any going back. It seems like they take away more STH perks and benefits every single year, and raise prices to boot
I definitely agree. I thought about trying to move more towards center ice and get the $53 tickets, but not going to bother. If they decide to jack those up, don't want to risk not being able to go to cheaper seats.

Old
03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
The choice to not renew was actually pretty easy to make.

Before I had seasons I got to about 15 games a year. I'll still get to 15 games next year. We (my brother and I) also used to follow the boys on the road. That stopped when we upped to full seasons.

Those trips will start again.

I'll get cable back too. Anyone know if Fios is available in Bay Ridge?

I suppose my point is I used to enjoy Rangers hockey in a different way and I will go back to that way for the time being.

I am one of the few who are not entirely upset with the relocation or price hike. I was in sec 317 which is going to be 220 next year. While my tickets are $73.00 two rows in front of me it is $79.00 with basically the same sightlines and maybe a bit more leg room. 3 rows in front of me the tickets are $125.00 for a front row seat and a TV. Definitely NOT WORTH THAT PRICE!!! I thought my tickets might actually be $85-$90 which would price me out. At $73.00 a ticket I am still on the fence as to whether I will renew.

Old
03-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
getting moved to 215, two different rows. beyond ticked off right now.
Are you sure they arent obstructed? I am on the aisle in 328 right now and most seats to my right near the wall are obstructed. In the new 215 I am being moved against that wall. My rep is telling me that they most likely arent obstructed but didnt seem convincing. She also acknowledged that they had problems last year with seats being obstructed that they didnt plan to be obstructed. When asked what they would do if they were obstructed, she told me they would try to move me. But this was after she told me that there wont be any extra seats because everybody wants to be at the Garden and these seats sell on the aftermarket for $400.00 apiece.
So basically she couldnt promise that they werent obstructed
She couldnt promise they would do anything if they were.
She did tell me she thinks I would be making a "big mistake" by not sending them 6000.00 for seats that may not allow me to see the whole game.

Old
03-07-2012, 07:28 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

I'm now is section 208 seat #23 does anyone know if thats closer to section 209 or 207?

Old
03-07-2012, 07:33 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
i'm now is section 208 seat #23 does anyone know if thats closer to section 209 or 207?

Old
03-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
I'm now is section 208 seat #23 does anyone know if thats closer to section 209 or 207?
Wow... That's a lot of seats in that row.. Is #23 the aisle??

Old
03-07-2012, 08:06 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

no I'm one off the aisle so there is 24 seats in my row

Old
03-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
no I'm one off the aisle so there is 24 seats in my row
Now I've been told that there are 24 rows in those sections... What's behind it... Is it wall or concourse with food stations... Does anyone know??

Old
03-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I was hoping for updated and better renderings. I wonder what will be at the back of each section, im assuming a solid wall like the coliseum. And for the 400s, what will be behind it...a wider walkway?, will there be concessions like there used to be or bathrooms? Is the only way to access it though the tower and gotta walk down to the 8th floor concourse btwn periods.

Also, will there be any stores on the 8th floor or still just the 2 on the 6th floor madison concourse.

Old
03-07-2012, 10:16 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I was hoping for updated and better renderings. I wonder what will be at the back of each section, im assuming a solid wall like the coliseum. And for the 400s, what will be behind it...a wider walkway?, will there be concessions like there used to be or bathrooms? Is the only way to access it though the tower and gotta walk down to the 8th floor concourse btwn periods.

Also, will there be any stores on the 8th floor or still just the 2 on the 6th floor madison concourse.
Well I'm not sure if you will have concessions behind the 400's but the entrance to the West Balcony is right there so you have that.

And there's already a store on the 8th floor on the 7th avenue end. I gotta imagine they open up another next year as well.

03-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Metrangerfan711
Gotta Believe!

Anyone else here in 225 for next year?

Old
03-07-2012, 11:40 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
Are you sure they arent obstructed? I am on the aisle in 328 right now and most seats to my right near the wall are obstructed. In the new 215 I am being moved against that wall. My rep is telling me that they most likely arent obstructed but didnt seem convincing. She also acknowledged that they had problems last year with seats being obstructed that they didnt plan to be obstructed. When asked what they would do if they were obstructed, she told me they would try to move me. But this was after she told me that there wont be any extra seats because everybody wants to be at the Garden and these seats sell on the aftermarket for $400.00 apiece.
So basically she couldnt promise that they werent obstructed
She couldnt promise they would do anything if they were.
She did tell me she thinks I would be making a "big mistake" by not sending them 6000.00 for seats that may not allow me to see the whole game.
oh i dont know if they will be obstructed in the new upper bowl as i really havent thought about that yet because i am not accepting those seats. this year me and a friend have a piggyback and was told to suck it up for one year,fine. they assigned us this year to one is row 4 seat 5 and the other is row 6 seat 4. thats not even piggyback itself and how would they expect us to take that? my friend and i probably wont renew if they dont assign us seats next to another at the least. all that and thats not even caring about the 14 dollar increase.

328 this year the views are def obstructed towards the wall id say the first 3 seats the view is obstructed. im in the middle so im not obstructed except for the near corner. being 5 seats in the middle of the row isn't obstructed view. the rangers should really tell people the first 3 seats the rows towards the walls are obstructed viewing.

Old
03-08-2012, 08:23 AM
irishlaxburger2

Any chance the new upper 200s (older 400s) that will get a blocked view of Gardenvision by the bridges once go down in price once the bridges get installed? You figure those seats will be better next year than the year after once the bridges are in, so common sense suggests the prices will be higher next year than the year after.

Probably not, but I guess we can hope.

Old
03-08-2012, 08:29 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Any chance the new upper 200s (older 400s) that will get a blocked view of Gardenvision by the bridges once go down in price once the bridges get installed? You figure those seats will be better next year than the year after once the bridges are in, so common sense suggests the prices will be higher next year than the year after.

that would be nice. certainly a question im going to ask my rep whenever she decides to answer me

Old
03-08-2012, 09:13 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:

I think some seats will have really terrible views with those bridges in their face. Although the Rangers may give a small discount, any real reduction will happen when people cancel their season tickets and nobody wants to sit there

Old
03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:

I doubt it. I don't think they are going to block the ice and they plan to put the scoreboard and video board on the bridge, so that will be their justification.

Old
03-08-2012, 12:08 PM
pepsiporch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
What about those that have had seasons in the 200's? They said they are relocating people to similar seats which is what the first couple of rows are going to be. Tenure doesn't really apply until you decide you don't want the seats you were assigned.
Sounds like you work in msg ticket office . But you are right 200 section this year was temp seating with no garantee of renewel

Old
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Sounds like you work in msg ticket office . But you are right 200 section this year was temp seating with no garantee of renewel
Haha I don't. I just have a great interest in this entire thing.

Old
03-09-2012, 04:51 AM
jhnyr

I talked to my rep yesterday. Not entirely good news for me, it turns out. I was last row with a wall behind me... now I'm row 14 of the new sections. Meaning the seat behind me pays $23 less per game. Obviously I find that ridiculous and want to move back a row -- if for nothing else, to be with the people I'm sitting with now, who got assigned two rows back somehow.

Problem is... the 400s above us have a lot of season ticket holders, many with far far longer tenure than I. They couldn't be expected to pay a fortune, so that's why rows 15 and up were just $50/$53... as opposed to something closer to $73.

My options are: accept, and be done with it... or decline, and hope there's something left over after it's all done and I can move up to the $50 seats. But that's no guarantee. And once I say I'm declining, my seats are open for anyone with longer tenure who wants to move/upgrade.

I'm almost positively going to decline, and will probably end up losing my season tickets, which royally sucks. Loved nothing more than going to the Garden. I can afford $73 per game -- I just don't want to pay it, knowing a seat behind me is worth just $50. (As I said, I understand why it's set up like that. I just don't like being on this side of it.)

I don't have anyone yet willing to buy a half or even quarter of next season from me at the $73/ticket price. So I'm going to end up declining, if things stay the same.

Old
03-09-2012, 06:35 AM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post
I talked to my rep yesterday. Not entirely good news for me, it turns out. I was last row with a wall behind me... now I'm row 14 of the new sections. Meaning the seat behind me pays $23 less per game. Obviously I find that ridiculous and want to move back a row -- if for nothing else, to be with the people I'm sitting with now, who got assigned two rows back somehow.

Problem is... the 400s above us have a lot of season ticket holders, many with far far longer tenure than I. They couldn't be expected to pay a fortune, so that's why rows 15 and up were just $50/$53... as opposed to something closer to $73.

My options are: accept, and be done with it... or decline, and hope there's something left over after it's all done and I can move up to the $50 seats. But that's no guarantee. And once I say I'm declining, my seats are open for anyone with longer tenure who wants to move/upgrade.

I'm almost positively going to decline, and will probably end up losing my season tickets, which royally sucks. Loved nothing more than going to the Garden. I can afford $73 per game -- I just don't want to pay it, knowing a seat behind me is worth just $50. (As I said, I understand why it's set up like that. I just don't like being on this side of it.)

I don't have anyone yet willing to buy a half or even quarter of next season from me at the $73/ticket price. So I'm going to end up declining, if things stay the same.

If I were you, I would renew and try to move. They have ticked off a lot of people so I think there will probably be a lot of options in the relocation process. I dont think we will have any problems selling tickets next year. I would expect a good team and a lot of people will want to see the new Garden. You can get the playoff discount and possibly sell some playoff games to raise money to put towards next seasons tickets if you need to. Obviously I dont know the details of your financial situation, just my opinion.

Old
03-09-2012, 09:01 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:

This is a mirror image of my situation. Just wondering, where are your seats this year?

03-09-2012, 09:16 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:

How many years have you been a subscriber? Unless you are only a couple years in I have to believe you will have a shot at the $50 seats...or you'll at least be able to move 2 or 3 rows closer to the ice so you aren't in the least valuable $73 seats.

Closed Thread